New KOTOR 2 Patch

Hi,

Would it be possible to have some news of the tests actually done on

the patch ? (are they any developer here to answer ?)

Is there a new planned release date cuz i'm totally stucked due to

a bug .

Thx

Public Beta testing would have been a VERY good idea. Especially in this case. Sad they didn't do it.

I fully agree since all the found bugs are very "hardware dependant"

(all ATI cards owners will surely understand what i say :D :D )

and they won't be able to test all buggy hw configurations...

There have been a lot of extremely pessimistic and snide comments so far about the up-coming patch, which I think is unfair since we have no idea yet what the patch will contain and how the game will run after the patch has been applied.

That said, I'm becoming somewhat impatient for the patch to finally be completed, because it's been two weeks now since it was announced and I've been holding off playing the KotOR 2 for the first time until the patch was released. I've waited quite a while to play the game already, so I was prepared to wait a little longer in the hope that a patched version would be much more enjoyable(since I'd read some of the complaints that people had had with the game so far). I'm running out of patience, however, so it'd be nice if Obsidian could make with the patch, already.

Public Beta testing would have been a VERY good idea. Especially in this case. Sad they didn't do it.

I fully agree since all the found bugs are very "hardware dependant"

(all ATI cards owners will surely understand what i say :D :D )

and they won't be able to test all buggy hw configurations...

I agree, they can't find all the bugs with all the different hardware combinations....BUT WHEN ALL ATI CARDS HAVE THE BUG!!! You think they would have noticed something like that.

There have been a lot of extremely pessimistic and snide comments so far about the up-coming patch, which I think is unfair since we have no idea yet what the patch will contain and how the game will run after the patch has been applied.

That said, I'm becoming somewhat impatient for the patch to finally be completed, because it's been two weeks now since it was announced and I've been holding off playing the KotOR 2 for the first time until the patch was released. I've waited quite a while to play the game already, so I was prepared to wait a little longer in the hope that a patched version would be much more enjoyable(since I'd read some of the complaints that people had had with the game so far). I'm running out of patience, however, so it'd be nice if Obsidian could make with the patch, already.

Wait a minute....You've bought the game, haven't even played it, but thought to come to these forums first before doing so?????

I couldn't get the game loaded fast enough the day I purchased it....This was the last thing on my mind at that time. (Coming here to read up on others troubles)....Why don't you play it first & see if you have any issues before coming here and talking how impatient you are for a patch that no one knows when it's going to be released.

I'll tell ya....YOu certainly are excersisng a great deal of patience....I sure as h*ll couldn't be waiting to play the game for the first time as long as you have. :o

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

I agree, they can't find all the bugs with all the different hardware combinations....BUT WHEN ALL ATI CARDS HAVE THE BUG!!! You think they would have noticed something like that.

Which bug is that? I have an Ati x300 128meg card and the only "problem" I have is low fps (20-25). Game still looks beautiful though. Only other problem I have is the known memory leak that causes CTD's and I don't have that very often anymore after upgrading my video drivers to the 5.2 cat.

Wait a minute....You've bought the game, haven't even played it, but thought to come to these forums first before doing so?????

I couldn't get the game loaded fast enough the day I purchased it....This was the last thing on my mind at that time.  (Coming here to read up on others troubles)....Why don't you play it first & see if you have any issues before coming here and talking how impatient you are for a patch that no one knows when it's going to be released. 

I'll tell ya....YOu certainly are excersisng a great deal of patience....I sure as h*ll couldn't be waiting to play the game for the first time as long as you have. :(

I'd already read some of the complaints of Xbox users while waiting for a PC version to come out, which dampened my enthusiasm to play the game a bit. I didn't get the PC version until after the Patch announcement had been made, so I decided to wait for the patch(which was supposedly "coming soon") to play the game for the first time.

I loved the original KotOR, you see, and some of what I've read about KotOR II made me think that I might not enjoy the sequel nearly as much as the original, mostly due to technical problems. If waiting for the patch to come out will allow me to play the game without going through all the frustration and disappointment that so many other people seem to have endured-- and thereby allow me to enjoy the game as much as possible-- then I feel like the wait is worth it. I'd rather not have my love of KotOR be tarnished by the memory of a sequel whose technical problems annoyed the hell out of me. I'm already trying to get over the disappointment that the PC version doesn't have any extra content to make up for PC users' longer wait, even though the first game had some, and the previews and articles leading up to KotOR II said that it would, as well.

I really want a patch too folks. But Obsidian has submitted it to LucasArts, and LA will release it when they've approved it. If you're wondering why the testing is taking so long, you should probably ask LucasArts, but I would rather have a good patch than a hurried one.

Obsidian certainly could release a patch directly to the public for testing, but it would break their agreement with LucasArts, and they cannot do that for legal reasons.

Continue to send in your bug reports, and I'm sure we'll see them addressed. Obsidian has given us a sign of faith by increasing their presence on these boards. They really do care about the community. They're just very busy and hindered by a rather restrictive legal agreement.