play now or wait for patch?

Play the game now or wait for the patch?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Play the game now or wait for the patch?

• play
    • wait

I ask as Im on my forth of fith restart due to various bugs, influcnace not counted diapaering people, npc not turning up (bounty mission and yes I know what the trigger is) characters not talking to me, swoop bikes, slow downs, crashes currupted saves etc.

Should I put up with this and play the game again or wait for the patch?

Well wait seems to be winning, and though I can enjoy this game in between the miriad problems I think I will wait. I never thought o find a game more buggy than vampire bloodlines but this realy does take the cake. Now I have to decide between resident evil remake on my GC or KOTOR 1

Get the game and play it. If you run into gamestopping bugs, stop playing and wait for a patch...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Well i played through and encountered the same bug twice... and it wasnt game stopping...

So really asking other people i got a feeling is a FUBAR idea... look at what your experiencing and ask yourself the question... am i having fun?

If the answer is yes continue playing and grin and bare it, if not take a time out. :(

Hope this has helped

TBH I think Ive just been unlucky, but name every problem save the ati specific ones and Ive probably had it. The worst and most occuring for me is that influance isnt counted. I used Don S's guide the last time and got everything for atton and handmaiden but would still get influance fails. I bought an rpg not a hack and slash

Edited for clarity not spelling :(

I would say play... but then, I'm one of the "lucky" ones. Got the game yesterday and is somewhere trying to decide what to do on Telos right now. Not a bug so far (and it's not because my computer isn't busy doing other stuff in the background).

The game is awesome so far and I like the first 10 hours way better than the first 10 hours of Kotor :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I would say play... but then, I'm one of the "lucky" ones. Got the game yesterday and is somewhere trying to decide what to do on Telos right now. Not a bug so far (and it's not because my computer isn't busy doing other stuff in the background).

The game is awesome so far and I like the first 10 hours way better than the first 10 hours of Kotor :)

Generally it carries on like that :) There are some unfinished parts (gah, deadlines), but some (more) really superb parts. Then again I'm a chronic fanboy ;)

I didn't run into any real showstoppers -- a couple of CTDs, one point in Citadel Station everything slowed to a crawl (but mysteriously fixed itself a bit later), a couple of irritating situations with objects not activating (twiddling around kicked them into working). Oh except swoop racing didn't work properly. Swoop stuck to ceiling! :o

Haven't noticed any problems with influence so far.

Of course, most of the bugs seem to be intermittent issues and I suspect would be a real bummer to track down and fix, so combine that with the need for LucasArts to authorise it and everything and, well, not sure holding breath for a patch is a good idea, it might take a little while...

I'd say wait. This game is more bugged than Planescape : Torment was at release ( for those who remember ). I personally have however played it through a few times, mainly due to extreme boredom. But, the bugs are horrid, some even gamestopping. The storyline also leaves a lot to be desired, I do doubt we'll ever see it "fixed," however.

Then again, you can of course be one of the lucky ( or perhaps blind ones? ) who has experienced no issues or bugs at all with this product. Maybe.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

What's wrong with the storyline?  It's a rare game with one this good if you ask me...

Nothing. Up until the inane end-game that is. Actually, I've never been this pulled into a story, only to watch it crackle and fall completely towards the final act. A shame really.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."