Repair skill is bugged when breaking things down

This topic is about the fact that when you are in a normal party with NPCs and choose one of them to access the Workbench they use the Exile's Repair skill instead of their own.

I heard about this bug before I started playing but some people said they did not notice anything buggy and I checked with Medical Lab and that part of breaking things down worked ok. Now 9 hours in to the game I have noticed that the game always use my Repair skill which in fact sucks.

This bug is crippling to the game because all bloody item drops in this game are random so you have to create stuff to be sure you get good equipment.

What I want to know is if all of you have this bug or is it only a few people? Is it dependent on your NPCs or where the game is sold? Can it be fixed. I bought the game in Sweden and I experience almost no other bugs. No crashes or glitches. I receive slight slight slow-downs in big areas but that is all. I am talking about the PC version just to be clear.

I am considering starting over with Repair skill maxed as a class skill because of this hidden bug that is not obvious until you receive NPCs and find a workbench.

/ Angry customer

Thats how it is. I believe one of the developer said it was intended to be this way. It was supposed to use your skill level and that the med lab thing was broken or it was the other way around...very confusing >_< Anyways if you search for post by akari you should find it.

But it is like that for everyone.....

"This bug is crippling to the game because all bloody item drops in this game are random so you have to create stuff to be sure you get good equipment."

actually, the fact that you can use your npc

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"'cause even a sentinel/watchman cannot max out every skill..."

You sure about that? Mine has an intelligence of 14 and I come pretty darn close to doing just that. I imagine someone focusing on intelligence can *easily* max out the skills or darn close it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I have to take Volourn word for it.

I am tired of going into game balance, I am just going to point out since BAB progression is the same for all classes

Its clear for me the work bench was designed that way not for game balance but for "replayability", game balance appears to be the least of OE concerns when creating his game.

drakron.png

"'cause even a sentinel/watchman cannot max out every skill..."

You sure about that? Mine has an intelligence of 14 and I come pretty darn close to doing just that. I imagine someone focusing on intelligence can *easily* max out the skills or darn close it.

is eight skills... and some of them is cross-skills... even for a sentinel/watchman. is possible that if you put lots of points into int, and then add int at 4/8/12/etc, you might max out all skills by level 30... maybe. but it sure wouldn't be done "*easily*" and who in god's name would do such a thing anyway? however, if game were balanced, such a thing would not be such a ridiculous notion.

regardless, we does agree that the other classes should be balanced better, but as we said already, that is another issue altogether.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

... and who in god's name would do such a thing anyway?

People that realized the BAB is the same for all classes and combat on itself is a joke?

the classes and skills is broken 'nuff such that we not need all this hyperbole. look in one of those "how did you build your character" threads and show us where somebody honestly started off their character with an 18 int and put every available point into int thereafter.

as we said, the classes IS broken, but the silly suggestions we is seeing here is taking away from your point rather than bolstering.

HA! Good Fun!

is eight skills... and some of them is cross-skills... even for a sentinel/watchman.  is possible that if you put lots of points into int, and then add int at 4/8/12/etc, you might max out all skills by level 30... maybe.  but it sure wouldn't be  done "*easily*" and who in god's name would do such a thing anyway? 

Heh.

Me.

But then, I have a weird way of playing games, in which I aim for absolute extremes. My next character will be immensely strong and pump everything into strength. And after that, the ridiculous amounts of force ability character.

But anyway. Carry on.