IGN PC Review

from the IGN review...

The only real downside to combat is that the interface obscures too much of the action. Having the main attack buttons located right in the middle of the screen certainly makes it easy to run through your options but it just distracts from the action too much. Many times you can't even see the guy you're attacking because he's covered up with your attack options.

I raised this same issue on the KOTOR2 forums when it first started, I'm sorry to see that the combat interface retains this unnecessary drawback! Otherwise, I'm still pretty excited to play the game.

It's the former Knight, just look at how much promotion and excitement a game gets in a console over the same game released in a PC. Especially when the games are exactly the same in content and only the graphics are better.

The only review I recall possibly better in PC than console was Chronicles of Riddick and that was because the PC shipped a Developer's Cut with extra stuff. Games that score higher than consoles are usually because they were released in the PC first, like Call of Duty. Just now I saw in Gamespot an announcement for a Call of Duty sequel for both PC and its console counterpart, and while they mentioned the PC sequel once as being planned to be made, they gushed 3 additional paragraphs specualting about the console sequel; who woul make it, what it would be about, etc.

I've rarely seen reviewers that don't display favoritism in the consoles over the PCs unless it was out in the PC first, you know just like retailers and promotional advertising from publishers. Usually consoles get gold treatment while the PC variant is an afterthought, just the other day I went to Babbage's and the PC selection dropped from an entire wall to 1 two sided rack, while XBox and PS2 have 2 complete walls and Gamecube has 1 wall.

Its about time, they are about the last to do a full review.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Other reasons for the possible scoring variancey - a ) PC games are notoriously more buggy than their console counterparts b) KOTOR x-box has been out for a few months; so he PC reviews are reviewing an 'old' game now that they've probably already played so it's not as 'new'...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Just curious, is the PC review written by the same person that wrote the Xbox review?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just curious, is the PC review written by the same person that wrote the Xbox review?

No, the Gamespy Xbox review was done by Raymond Padilla and the PC review was by Allen Rausch (I'm too lazy to look up who did the IGN reviews now :ermm:). I think it's also a case of higher (but not unrealistic) expectations for the PC - the problem with PCs, however, is that unlike the Xbox not all systems are created equal :)

But even with the Xbox, a lot of people experienced a wide variety of bugs that others never experienced (excluding those who copied the entire game to their drives), so I have no idea what to think about console expectations.