Stop Uwe Boll

TentamusDarkblade

It sounds German ... that's a bad sign. Most Germans make very bad films ... that's a general rule ...

Yeah, because F.W. Murnau wasn't a cornerstone of the film-making industry or anything. And Lola Rennt must have been one of the worst movies of the last decade instead of the best.

I'm not defending Uwe Boll here, the man's a hack and has commited more crimes against gamers than Paul W.S. Anderson and Courtney Solomon combined, but you, sir, are an ignorant, generalizing bastard.

The worst thing about him is that he doesn't take responsibility for his movies being bad. For house of the dead he was like "Well the writers didn't do a very good job, the game wasn't very good, and the actors sucked." Then he blames the internet for no one going to see the movies.

He sounds like the movie version of Trioka :p:):p

Yeah, except Uwe's movies have been PAINFUL to sit through, Bloodlines was actually good, with a patch or two, it could have been perfect.

It sounds German ... that's a bad sign. Most Germans make very bad films ... that's a general rule ...

I'm not defending Uwe Boll here, the man's a hack and has commited more crimes against gamers than Paul W.S. Anderson and Courtney Solomon combined, but you, sir, are an ignorant, generalizing bastard.

no no .. I think he's on to something! it's like the translated movies in Germany! they suck too .. Germans should stick to expanding the fields of philosophy and psychology! oh and making good beer! hmm they should stop making music too!!

yes stop everything in the entertainment industry!! and start focusing on what you are good at: like making cars, beer, theories of mindboggling proportions etc.

Fortune favors the bald.

no no .. I think he's on to something! it's like the translated movies in Germany! they suck too .. Germans should stick to expanding the fields of philosophy and psychology! oh and making good beer! hmm they should stop making music too!!

yes stop everything in the entertainment industry!! and start focusing on what you are good at: like making cars, beer, theories of mindboggling proportions etc.

What about art-house movies? :blink:"

Yeah, because F.W. Murnau wasn't a cornerstone of the film-making industry or anything. And Lola Rennt must have been one of the worst movies of the last decade instead of the best ... you, sir, are an ignorant, generalizing bastard.

Hmmm ... yes, I am a generalizing bastard, I admit that ... although I said most Grmans, not all of them, made bad films ... anyways, I am happy to have been told off by someone who appreciates Murnau's films. Ah! Murnau! Lang! Paul Wegner! And that great Austrian, Erich von Stroheim: I have seen most of their films, and I have loved them. Really. But ... have you noticed that Murnau and Stroheim came to the US out of their free will, and that Lang, Sternberg, and the other great Austrian, Billy Wilder, followed them because the German government had vowed to kill them if they stayed in Europe? Alas! The wonderful world of German silent movies ... completely shattered by the Nazi party's dislike to intelligent films ... ah, and by the way:

no no .. I think he's on to something! it's like the translated movies in Germany! they suck too ..

... as the beginnings of the rule of the Nazi party somewhat coincided with the invention of the soundtrack, they insisted on having every film dubbed. They didn't like the idea their subjects could ever understand anything else than German. So, roughly, my idea: No good German films from Lang's M till ... let's say ... Fassbinder's Katzlmacher. Do you agree on that?

What about art-house movies?  :thumbsup:"

Good point. However, most German art-house movies are either silent movies, or M, or Fassbinder movies. And Lola rennt was just a cheap rip-off of so many French films by directors like Alain Resnais or Chris Marker. No points awarded to Lola rennt from me.

So here's my revised list: German films after Fritz Lang's M suck, with the notable exception of Fassbinder films. Films by Roland Emmerich, Wolfgang Petersen, Uwe Edel, and Uwe Boll, are just ... well, I leave that to you. :x

Now what does the Nazi regime has to do with modern movies and dubbing ?? Quite a misplaced comparison you are taking...

Besides, a lot of Hollywood is crap, too. Admit it... It's just about money not art.. not anymore.

If you don't like it - don't go see it. That would make them think twice ("no cash income") but of course then you should not judge and talk about things you haven't seen - something, that most people seem to forget. Generalizing, ignorant opinions about things they don't really understand nor have knowledge in.

Ah, yes and: Tastes are different.

-Marc

Now what does the Nazi regime has to do with modern movies and dubbing ?? Quite a misplaced comparison you are taking...

Besides, a lot of Hollywood is crap, too. Admit it... It's just about money not art.. not anymore.

If you don't like it - don't go see it. That would make them think twice ("no cash income") but of course then you should not judge and talk about things you haven't seen - something, that most people seem to forget. Generalizing, ignorant opinions about things they don't really understand nor have knowledge in.

Ah, yes and: Tastes are different.

-Marc

what the hell are you talking about?

Please click on the link and sign the petition, this jackass needs to be stopped.

sign here

He already butchered House of the Dead and Alone in the dark, now he's preparing to butcher Bloodrayne, Far Cry, and Hunter the reckoning.  He must be stopped!

He's also doing Fear Effect :-

He must be stopped.

If you don't like someone's movies, don't go see them.  The movie studios must like what he does with the franchises they license, since they keep giving directorship over to him.

I know as a moderator we're supposed to fear you... but I have to say that's a pretty clueless reply :-

Look at the evil done by Paul Anderson if you need examples :wacko:

Look at the evil done by Paul Anderson if you need examples :thumbsup:

I didn't think Magnolia was too bad, I'll always imagine that Tom Cruise is really like that at home. I forget the actor's name who played the cop, but he was priceless

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Look at the evil done by Paul Anderson if you need examples :thumbsup:

I didn't think Magnolia was too bad, I'll always imagine that Tom Cruise is really like that at home. I forget the actor's name who played the cop, but he was priceless

I think he's talking about Paul WS Anderson. The guy who inflicted AVP on us.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Oh :thumbsup: , I also didn't know Darque was a guy, but oh well

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Not quite ... the regime chased the more intelligent film directors away, and leaned heavily on the scriptwriters: They would only let propaganda films and very shallow love stories pass their censure ... and the German public really loved those shallow love stories ... so we only got that ... escapism, you know ... all I try to say is that German film production has no tradition of making intelligent indie films ... that's all ...

In the 1970s, some directors like Wenders and Fassbinder tried to make art-house films ... these were very good films, but no box office successes ...

Indeed. And now we're back on topic: Uwe Boll. Duh. Horrible guy, it seems. But as I haven't ever seen any of his works, I shall not comment on him further. Go on everybody.

Oh :devil: , I also didn't know Darque was a guy, but oh well

Bad wording, my bad. It gets confusing with the various names and avatars.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Wouldn't it be easier to just hire someone to just "remove" the problem? *  :p

*Disclaimer: That was posted for humor value only so no one flip out over it.

Remove or "remove forever" the problem? Are you thinking in start with "preemptive strikes"? :p

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

Bad wording, my bad. It gets confusing with the various names and avatars.

Yeah, I can imagine that with Darque's avatar :p"

Known too many guys with girls in their avatars. I should have remembered though, seeing as I've been on the same forum with her for like 4 years.

Devastatorsig.jpg

This is just sad...the movie thing, I mean. I...how.........h-.....how does somebody like this get to be a director of big budget films?

Blasphemy, I say! .......Not to say that Far Cry's plot was brilliant or anything, but it doesn't deserve this kind of rape.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast