Oh no! I messed up in IWD2!

ramza

Where to start? Well, I am in chapter 5 right now, in Kuldahar and there is a nice guy (Conlan I think) who sells some nifty stuff, including a mercenary bag (which acts like a bag of holding).

I have to admit here that I am cheating fiend and that in every IE game, I have used the CLUAConsole cheat thing. Don't get me wrong, I usually don't cheat but there are two reasons I am doing this. First of all, I don't have much free time, so in order to finish some day those damned games, I need to make things a bit easier (get free gold, raise my levels a bit, create some items) as I don't want to be carrying useless stuff and start selling it to any shopkeeper, etc. Secondly, I am an magic item collectioner, which means that I want to have in my inventory every single item with magical properties that I come across in the game. I now that sounds crazy as I even keep every ring of protection +1 that I find. Since the IWD games use a random treasure system (and a treasure system based on the difficulty level in IWD2), I use the CLUAConsole cheat to create the items I haven't found.

Now, with magical bags, I have enough space to store these items, even though things have been tough for me in both IWD games. Moreover, in IWD1, I could put those items in closets in Kuldahar (as this town was somehow your HQ). In IWD2, since you always have to move from one location to another; item storage becomes a difficult and obsolete thing. In the same game, you will find many storage items like a bag of holding and the mercenary bag. I have used the cheat commands to create those items at the beginning of the game and this has proved to be quite useful. By reaching Chapter 5, I made a stunning discovery. When I bought the mercenary bag that was offered by the shop (I did that just out of curiosity), I noticed that the items stored in my cheat-created mercenary bag couldn't be found in the former.

That meant that I could store other items in my newly acquired bag!

Now, my problem is that when I came across the bag of holding on the Bridge Battle (in chapter 1), I threw it away thinking that it shared the same inventory as the one I had created with my cheats. Now, I regret doing this and try to find a way to make this OTHER bag appear again.

Does anyone have a clue about how I can achieve this? I have tried every cheat command for that specific container but all the other bags shared the same inventory as my first one.

Cheers.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Now I see why you like IWD2 better than IWD. There is tons of loot in IWD2, if fact the most I

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

IWD2 has really ****ty loot. I had to wait until the end of chapter 2 before i got the first magic 2 handed sword for my fighter. Lootwise icewind dale 2 was garbage. One of the reasons why i didnt enjoy combat in iwd2 was that at the end of combat you didnt get any loot as rewards (and due to my low number of characters, no xp either), which meant that combat was useless.

Now I see why you like IWD2 better than IWD. There is tons of loot in IWD2, if fact the most I

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Could it be that you're suffering from some kind of obsessive-compulsive disorder?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Probably... Now, I know that you are the one who caused it... I will sue you!

He must have been a Magpie in a previous life :)"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Actually, I solved my problem: I had kept a save file just before the bridge battle and after finishing the fight and having created a bag of holding with the cheats commands, I looted one of the bodies and found the bag of holding I had dropped away.

To my satisfaction, I discovered that it shared the same inventory with the one I had created. This means that the "double container bug" only works for the mercenary sack.

Anyway, everything goes well since I don't have to restart the game and I now have 2 mercenary's sacks and one bag of holding! :D

Well, let's say that I just am a perfectionist. I want everything to be well done and this can be noticed in my real life too: I spend quite some time with my homework...

It's easy to get stuck on the Jefferson idea.

Games like BG1&2 have such atmosphere that people end up replaying them half a dozen times. Imagine a similar game with an even better storyline, and better graphics.

It's not easy to hear: "It's dead and buried, move on!".. and the only thing you have to look forward to is a bunch of glossy soulless consol-games, and some star-wars crap.

I'd take another slam-dunk infinity-e IWD3, or half a Jefferson over anything that is scheduled for the next 12 months.

IWD2 has really ****ty loot. I had to wait until the end of chapter 2 before i got the first magic 2 handed sword for my fighter. Lootwise icewind dale 2 was garbage. One of the reasons why i didnt enjoy combat in iwd2 was that at the end of combat you didnt get any loot as rewards (and due to my low number of characters, no xp either), which meant that combat was useless.

Really? I got my first +5 weapon straight after the goblin assault on the docks.

Admittedly I was playing HoF mode with a new party - just 1 level 17 Dwarven Barbarian, some choice items (ring of every god etc.) and a lot of +4 and +5 ammo to sell to be able to afford the items on offer.

You're obviously just doing it wrong! :devil: