Character Creation - Mixing the Classes around

It seems that normally if a person would pick Guardian they would naturally progress or choose Weapon Master. If they picked Consular they would go into Jedi Master.

My question is this, is it wise to mix and match the classes? For instance what would be some advantages/disadvantages to picking a Guardian/Jedi Master or a Consular/Weapon Master. (And what would be some good starting stats to have as each of those)

I would like a character that will be great with a saber but also have the ability to use the Force decently. I know the ideal class would be sentinel/watchman - which is an 'inbetween' of guardian/consular, but thats the class I almost always picked in KOTOR1, so I'm looking for a change.

Basically if you've ever mixed the classes around, tell me about the sucessesful combinations and the not-so-sucessful ones.

Thanks.

I've never not mixed the classes. Sentinel with anything is sucessful. Guardian with anything is somewhat of a waste. Consular with anything is ok, but not all that in KOTOR 2, since you get so many forcepoints anyway.

They're all sucessful though, as the combat is very easy in this game.

try search forum with something like "prestige classes"

Or he could just ask. It's not going to cause anyones eyes to bleed if they have to read a question that may have already been asked.

Or he could just ask.  It's not going to cause anyones eyes to bleed if they have to read a question that may have already been asked.

True, but I just thought that if he wants some answers fast, he could checkout the forum.

Plus, since I'm not in position of giving good answers (do not have the game), that's pretty much all I can give. :rolleyes:

Does anyone pick their classes for roleplaying purposes?

I do.

I will pick Guardian then Jedi Master, i don't care what i do or don't get. It just seems to me the most Star Wars type choice, and it's very cool i can become a Jedi Master.

<-- European, i'm still waiting

Or he could just ask.  It's not going to cause anyones eyes to bleed if they have to read a question that may have already been asked.

True, but I just thought that if he wants some answers fast, he could checkout the forum.

Plus, since I'm not in position of giving good answers (do not have the game), that's pretty much all I can give. :rolleyes:

If you don't know the answer to a question, why do you even bother to try?

Does anyone  pick their classes for roleplaying purposes?

Classes have nothing to do with roleplaying itself, they are just a framework for the system to remain balanced.

That is expecialy true in Star Wars were in the case of force users someone is simply a Jedi (if part of the Jedi Order), a Sith (if part of the Sith), a force user (if having a force class and/or prestigue class) or a darksider (if uses the dark side).

drakron.png

I've went back and did a search on prestige and read about as much as I could find on the subject. But I really didn't find an answer to this question in particular.

If I were to go Guardian I wouldn't be able to use my force powers as much, instead relying on melee combat. But later on in the game I would like to branch off to Jedi Master, so that I could spam Force powers a little more than if I was Guardian/Weapon Master. Would this combination of Guardian/Master allow me to have balance in both combat and Force?

Or how about a Consular/Weapon Master?

Just wondering if anyone has picked either of those and what their gameplay experience was like.

Thanks in advance.

If you don't know the answer to a question, why do you even bother to try?

Listen, swede, ever heard about helpfulness? Now I did see from his number of posts sent, that he probably is new here. So I just though he might not have thought of forum search. Is suggesting such things so bad?

And JEEDAI if you want to know more bout the classes, check out the guide available at kotor2.com, it's pretty basic but still nice to read. Oh and watch out for page 16/48, big spoiler I hear, just wanted to give you heads up in case you decide to get the guide.

Congrats on your promotion to No.1 authority on what is and is not roleplaying ...

Classes thenselves have nothing with roleplaying, I can say this without being the No.1 autority because there are many systems that dont have a class structure (examples Fallout and V:tM) and they still are roleplaying games

drakron.png

No, it's not going to cause anyone's eyes to bleed. But for starters it may cause interesting threads to be pushed back to the second page. The search function is there for a reason, you know. Having lots of repeated threads is good for nothing. If gone unchecked it might even affect the overall forum performance. Use your brains next time.

So, yes. Search before you ask.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I kinda guide my choice of prestige class by role playing considerations.

The first time through I figured the Exile felt a responsiblity to restore the order, and went Jedi Master to be a better teacher of all his padawans.

The second time through I figured the Exile was mostly motivated by trying to combat the evil creeping into the galaxy with the collapse of the order, so I had him go on to Watchman. I didn't notice much difference in gameplay, but I played my Jedi Master game on "Normal," so maybe going Watchman was a big help when I changed to the "Difficult" setting.

Weapon master doesn't interest me. To me that sounds more like a job for the protaganist's master.

Both times I started as Sentinel and doubt I'll ever play in any of the other starting Jedi classes. Consulars are utterly skillless and that drives me nuts (I tried going Consular for about 45 game minutes and quit before I even got off Peragus). While in KOTOR consulars they were way more powerful than Sentinels, I don't think that's the case at all this time around because the Exile hardly ever drains off his Force Points.

I was never interested in guardian in KOTOR, even though there were times I was way outclassed in a fight and can see where it might've been a good build. In TSL, I've only been outclassed in a couple fights so I don't see the point in giving up anything to further overpower my attack skills.

I do apologize if this post was redundant. I was just looking for some quick answers I guess. But I have spent a lot of time looking through the archives and have most of the information I'm looking for.

Sounds to me like no matter what class you pick, the end result is practically the same. Correct me if I'm wrong but when you get real far into the game, even Consular/Jedi Master can use a lightsaber fairly well and out duel just about any enemy? The only drawback I could find with that combo is that they wouldn't have access to the lightsaber forms. Thats something I'm interested in seeing, so I will probably pick Guardian or Sentinel and go into Weapon master just to try out all the forms.

My 2nd time though I will build a character that relies heavily on the Force.

I do hope the devs plan on fixing some of the many xbox bugs i've heard about when the PC version is finally released.

Thanks again for the info guys.

i am playing consular watchman now, and its indecently powerful...

picked demolitions as class skills for my first feat, and since its the only skill not a class skill for both consular and watchman, i have class skills for everything else without spending a feat on it...

master force focus, and disabling powers+sneak attack is obscene... (w00t)

i have enough feats now to get full precise shot, master power attack and master power blast...high con, with a native con of 18, there are so many great type D implants...

more than enough powers, especially after the boost from consular levels...in fact, leveling kreia up, i realized that consulars get TOO MANY force powers, i really am running out of force powers for her to select...cause there are some really sucky ones...revitalize is so useless and force aura is bugged...

the only thing i dislike is the lightside mastery for watchman...+3 con is a drop in the bucket for me at this point...

thankfully, i still keep my +3 wis for lightside mastery in consular...

great defense, greater prestige sense is very helpful...

the only things i miss are inspire followers, since battle meditation is so much weaker, and shorter, and force enlightenment...

:lol:

absolutely the most powerful class combo in the game...seriously, more powerful in melee than a weapon master (sneak attack damage is really better) and as much force as a jedi master, with my high wisdom.