Are there any female Mandalorians?

Uh... There would have to be female mandalorians unless.... yea....

Ofcourse they could all be cloned...

Edit :

Some interesting news to those non die hard trekkies

Jango Fett was a Mandalorian.

I thought the term trekkies describes those who where fans of Star Trek?

Or am i missing the point of this post?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Uh... There would have to be female mandalorians unless.... yea....

Ofcourse they could all be cloned...

Edit :

Some interesting news to those non die hard trekkies

Jango Fett was a Mandalorian.

I thought the term trekkies describes those who where fans of Star Trek?

Or am i missing the point of this post?

Whoops :">

I meant star wars fans... hehheh.... I wonder who wrote that post >_<

:lol:

Darth Ni's secret is revealed!  The Freudian slip got you in the end.  I always suspected you were a Trekkie.

*points and sniggers*

Now now. Its not his fault, its a medical condition you know.post-1139-1107760760.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Hmmm I've never really checked if they were male or female.

I guess because every time I've encountered them (save Canderous) they are shooting at me and cloaking. Not much time nor inclination to stop and ask if they were a man or woman!  :ermm:"

The voices were all men's voices... Unless of course...... let's not go there

• 1 month later...

It's O.K., you can come on out of the closet. There's nothing wrong with being a trekkie, unless you're constantly making references to Star Trek. In college, there was like 3 or 4 guys in my class that were always making "Trek Talk," refering to specific episodes, using terminology from the series and whatnot. Star Wars fans, or "Warsies?" are little different. I don't consider myself a geek simply because my vocabulary...and my...personality, to a certain extent, has been somewhat "warped" from the countless hours I've spent playing these incredible games. But back on topic: I've never really thought about the fact that there are no female Mandalorians about. Perhaps they're still on Mandalore? Waiting for their husbands to come home from The War? That would be f*cking hilarious: after The War, all of the Mandalorians didn't bother going home, they just started their lives as mercenaries right then and there.

I always saw the Mandalorians as.. well.. rapists. They take compatible female species and have there way, use the male children to replenish there armies and leave the female children to be used later in the same manner. If Mira wasn't freed she would have been used to breed more Mandalorians. Also I see that their genetics would yeild more males than females due to their male dominant nature, so much so that they need females from conquered worlds to replinish the Mandalorian species.

Perhaps it's their wives that makes them come up with all the excuses for conquest, just to get away from home :wub:"

As a Star Wars ignorant, are Mandalorians a culture or an ethnic group ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Perhaps it's their wives that makes them come up with all the excuses for conquest, just to get away from home  :wub:"

As a Star Wars ignorant, are Mandalorians a culture or an ethnic group ?

I think they are all decendents of Major League baseball players, complete with sterioid implants at birth.

I thought they were a cultural group.

THough since star wars was "a long, long time ago" maybe baseball players are mandalorians.

Leave it to Visc for the colorful opinions. Something tells me that a race of rapists would not be something Lucas would like.

Well, it makes the most sense to me and to the Mandalorians it simply may not be seen as rape. More like the rewards of conquest and propagating the species for further conquest. Mind you it is a fairly nasty way of doing it but that is why they are the bad guys.

The Mandalorians probably share the same values as the ancient Spartans, leaving the women home as breeding cattle, while the men are out fighting and sharing some manly love.

I thought it was the Marine Corps the Mandalorians share the same values with. Women fight in the USMC. Not combat positions, but they are capable of it.

There's not a single in-game indication that the Mandalorians devalue women. When they captured Mira as a slave, they trained her fighting techniques. Canderous has incredible admiration for Revan whether Revan is male or female.

Laziness of the developers to place more than a few token women throughout any of the warrior-groups in the game is more likely (doesn't apply to all the developers, of course, the balance is scattered).

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

The Mandalorians probably share the same values as the ancient Spartans, leaving the women home as breeding cattle, while the men are out fighting and sharing some manly love.

I thought it was the Marine Corps the Mandalorians share the same values with. Women fight in the USMC. Not combat positions, but they are capable of it.

I mean, think about it. Mandalorians have honor, courage, and commitment. USMC values.

There's not a single in-game indication that the Mandalorians devalue women. When they captured Mira as a slave, they trained her fighting techniques. Canderous has incredible admiration for Revan whether Revan is male or female.

Laziness of the developers to place more than a few token women throughout any of the warrior-groups in the game is more likely (doesn't apply to all the developers, of course, the balance is scattered).

That doesn't mean that they don't take women against their will. After all it is more of a challenge when it is a battle. In one of my campaigns I set up a minotaur empire that the only minotaurs were male due to a curse and they had to use women from other species to reproduce, but they were a matriarchal society. One of the more complex xultures I put together.

The Mandalorians are similar, minus the matriarchal content.