ANNOUNCEMENT:Referring To Bug Fixs In K2!

Where as I do think it sucks that the game is really buggy for some, I've played the game a great deal and have experienced no bugs to really speak of, what I hate is that it looks like we're all going to be screwed by a game that has some obvious holes. There seems to be atleast a couple of points where plots just seem to be *dropped* and its pretty annoying.

I haven't quite convinced myself yet, but its going to be difficult for me to purchase an Obsidian Game game again, and only if its an original realease, not another *borrowed* project.

It just totally sucks, I thought the only issues we'd be arguing about where the usual suspect complaining about how the game didn't follow the EU to the letter and who could kick whos ass in a fight and stuff like that, now its all who's going to get screwed the most.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

As for the U.S. X-Boxers, it was your choice to buy the game and it's a LucasArts game. Congratulations!  You were the target audience for the X-Box release!  Now, was it really so unexpected that there would be bugs in KotOR 2 when KotOR had them too? Especially when they pushed up the release date?  Anyway, you're not helping yourselves and other gamers by blindly buying games.  Maybe next time you'll be smart enough and exercise some self control and good judgement.

Wow, that's some poor logic on your part. You sound like a rep. for Ford when they had to recall Pintos. "It's not our fault that you bought a car that explodes. You should of had better judgement." What a joke. Looks like someone's getting too much sun in Hawaii.

I could say the same about you. Have you actually seen or heard a weather report on Hawaii? It "looks" like you're just making an ignorant comment based on preconceived notions on what Hawaii is like.

Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with my logic. So why don't you explain to me your knoweledge on building cars and sales trends to indicate how you can compare them to games? Maybe then I can understand where you're coming from. I'm not afraid, proud, etc. to admit if I was wrong.

I could say the same about you.  Have you actually seen or heard a weather report on Hawaii? It "looks" like you're just making an ignorant comment based on preconceived notions on what Hawaii is like.

I've been to Hawaii, it was sunny almost everyday for nearly two months

Sure there'd be a shower or two, but it was even sunny when it rained.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Funny how people try to justify their stealing. :thumbsup:

What has he stolen?

As of yet, nothing. I didn't say he's stolen anything, yet. He seems to approve of downloading the PC version of the game just because he payed for the Xbox version. That's stealing by my book. :))

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Funny how people try to justify their stealing. :thumbsup:

What has he stolen?

As of yet, nothing. I didn't say he's stolen anything, yet. He seems to approve of downloading the PC version of the game just because he payed for the Xbox version. That's stealing by my book. :))

I would think turnabouts fair play

I'm the boss apple sauce

Funny how people try to justify their stealing. :p

What has he stolen?

It's because of people like you that lucasarts is running out of money to make the good games, and if i bought a music CD that i ended up not likeing does that give me permission to steal the DVD from the same band? Just because when you download something it's isn't something you rip off the counter shelf doesn't mean that it is any less of a steal if you cant stick it under your shelf and run off then dont download it

It's because of people like you that lucasarts is running out of money to make the good games

That is going a bit far. If Lucas Arts is running out of money its because they keep allowing low quality games to be made with their name on it. I'm not even talking about KoToR 2.

Funny how people try to justify their stealing. =]

What has he stolen?

It's because of people like you that lucasarts is running out of money to make the good games, and if i bought a music CD that i ended up not likeing does that give me permission to steal the DVD from the same band? Just because when you download something it's isn't something you rip off the counter shelf doesn't mean that it is any less of a steal if you cant stick it under your shelf and run off then dont download it

Next thing you'll be telling me that the guys from Metallica had to wait a couple of weeks to buy there bass playing giant panda because of music piratecy :(

As for the U.S. X-Boxers, it was your choice to buy the game and it's a LucasArts game. Congratulations!  You were the target audience for the X-Box release!  Now, was it really so unexpected that there would be bugs in KotOR 2 when KotOR had them too? Especially when they pushed up the release date?  Anyway, you're not helping yourselves and other gamers by blindly buying games.  Maybe next time you'll be smart enough and exercise some self control and good judgement.

Wow, that's some poor logic on your part. You sound like a rep. for Ford when they had to recall Pintos. "It's not our fault that you bought a car that explodes. You should of had better judgement." What a joke. Looks like someone's getting too much sun in Hawaii.

I could say the same about you. Have you actually seen or heard a weather report on Hawaii? It "looks" like you're just making an ignorant comment based on preconceived notions on what Hawaii is like.

Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with my logic. So why don't you explain to me your knoweledge on building cars and sales trends to indicate how you can compare them to games? Maybe then I can understand where you're coming from. I'm not afraid, proud, etc. to admit if I was wrong.

Woooah, wait a minute man. I -did- do the right thing--I rented the game first, loved it, then bought it. It wasn't until 40 hours into the game that I encountered a crash during a cutscene near the end of the game that kept me from ever comleting it on darkside. The crash always happens, in exactly the same spot, no matter what save game or character I am using, and it is a bug that has happened to more than one person on this board. It also has nothing to do with the hardware on our Xbox (No, my Xbox is not modded, and my game is not pirated.) So the blame does not lie with the customer in this case.

Quality Assurance exists for a reason. Those people are getting paid to find bugs and eliminate as many as possible, and iron out any game dibilitating bugs. When you sell a product to a customer, you do so in good faith that your product will perform as expected. If an architect builds a house that fall in on its customers, the architect gets sued and may lose his job. You can't turn around and say, "Man, you got those guys to build you a house. You can't complain if it falls in and kills your family! You need to exercise your self restrant and live in a cave instead!"

That's just immature, and more importantly, it's bad business.

I can handle a few bugs. It's impossible to create a game without a single flawed line of code, but I also expect to be able to complete my game, not encounter a bug that prevents such and ultimately wastes 40 hours of my time. For those of you that haven't encountered deadly game crashes, wonderful. Aside for all the tech problems, this game is fun and interesting, despite its occasional poor executions of plot here and there. Overall, I really like this game, but what I would like more is to be able to see both endings, and to not have chaps tell me, more or less, that I paid for a flawed product and my "poor judgement" as a consumer is at fault. Bah I say. Bah! <_<

Get a rep of making great games and people will buy them.  Get a rep for making bad games people will go away, even if you make the odd good game.

Sounds like Interplay. :thumbsup:"

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Hey Hey Hey  (w00t)

how was everyones xmas? :o  :p

any way not long to the kotor II release now! about another month and 5 days approx  :p

I thought they hadn't said when in Feb. I'm thinking Feb 28th at 11:59 pm.

The release is planned the 11th of Feb (well, here that is..)

Oh, and Btw, christmas still going overhere, but I am having a good time -_-