System Requirements

Huggles, you lag w/ that system? Now I am getting scared since my card is not even 6800 gt, its a gto... Then again, those settings are pretty high, i usually have 4x aa and 4 af 800*600 (on my 5200, my new one hasn't arrived)

At those settings you should be fine, the GTO is a pretty powerful card at stock. And if you unlock the extra pipes you'll basically have a full fledged GT.

I think Kotor1 was poorly optimized for PC (maybe because it was a console port :) ). D3, HL2, NFSU2 and Tribes:V all run better for me than it does at similar settings, and I think others with top of the line PCs have reported that as well. It's certainly playable, but kinda disappointing... Hopefully K2 will be coded better *crosses fingers*

Hmm... I hope I can unlock the new pipelines but Dell is now crippling their cards because they want the gamers to buy the X800XT which doesn't even come w/ the Dimension 8400 (unless you want to spend $3000 on the high end 8400 but its better to buy a Dimension XPS then). Those settings are what I use on my 5200 but with a 6800, I was hoping to try some of the higher resolutions out like 1280 * 1024 or 1600 * 1200 using maybe 8x aa and 8x af. Anyways when it comes, (December 22nd...) I'll try it out and see how it performs.

I was hoping to try some of the higher resolutions out like 1280 * 1024 or 1600 * 1200 using maybe 8x aa and 8x af. Anyways when it comes, (December 22nd...) I'll try it out and see how it performs.

Heh, I don't think there's a card on the market today that can play newer games at 1600x1200 with 8xAA/8xAF (not that you'd even really need that much AA at that res). Even the Ultra and XTPE would choke to death on those.

But I don't think you'll regret your purchase. 4xAA/8xAF at 1280x1024 or 1600x1200 looks pretty sweet in most games, and the GTO should probably be able to handle that.

Hmm... I hope I can unlock the new pipelines but Dell is now crippling their cards because they want the gamers to buy the X800XT which doesn't even come w/ the Dimension 8400 (unless you want to spend $3000 on the high end 8400 but its better to buy a Dimension XPS then). Those settings are what I use on my 5200 but with a 6800, I was hoping to try some of the higher resolutions out like 1280 * 1024 or 1600 * 1200 using maybe 8x aa and 8x af. Anyways when it comes, (December 22nd...) I'll try it out and see how it performs.

What do you mean by Dec 22??

the game is gonna be released in Februaary last time I checked..

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Here's a question...why do I still lag in KOTOR at the higher graphics settings (Above 4x AA 8x AF 1024x768) when I've got a gold sample Gainward Nvidia 6800 128mb card, over clocked, 1024mb of corsair brand memory, a 3.0ghz Intel pentium 4 processor, and run the game off my 80gb SATA hd?

As a matter a fact, all my games have been running badly...I've done virus scans, defragged the drive, ran Ad-Aware a couple times, and even adjusted the clock speeds on the card...to no avail...Help....Please...$250 on this damn card and its performance is almost comparable to my old 5600XT.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Here's a question...why do I still lag in KOTOR at the higher graphics settings (Above 4x AA 8x AF  1024x768) when I've got a gold sample Gainward Nvidia 6800 128mb card, over clocked, 1024mb of corsair brand memory, a 3.0ghz Intel pentium 4 processor, and run the game off my 80gb SATA hd?

As a matter a fact, all my games have been running badly...I've done virus scans, defragged the drive, ran Ad-Aware a couple times, and even adjusted the clock speeds on the card...to no avail...Help....Please...$250 on this damn card and its performance is almost comparable to my old 5600XT.

Have you recently installed Windows XP SP2? That drains system resources.

Go to Blackviper.com and check out some of the guides for Windows tweaks.

Ad-Aware should be used in conjunction with Spybot. Both find spyware programs the other will leave behind.

And what drivers are you using for your card?

Here's a question...why do I still lag in KOTOR at the higher graphics settings (Above 4x AA 8x AF  1024x768) when I've got a gold sample Gainward Nvidia 6800 128mb card, over clocked, 1024mb of corsair brand memory, a 3.0ghz Intel pentium 4 processor, and run the game off my 80gb SATA hd?

I'd suggest formatting then reinstalling -all- latest drivers for your hardware (gpu, apu, mobo, etc). It's a good card, but you also may be overdoing it with the settings on your games - or your cpu is holding you up (Can't really say, don't know what other games you play).

But format your computer and reinstall new drivers. It maybe do you some good.

Thread Pruned. Please try to remain civil with one another. If this proves too difficult, I am certain I will have an alternative that no one will like ... subtle, eh?

FLoSD.ObE

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: