Does this game have....like the first game?

I havent seen any conversations between the party members that you have with you, but there are times where they will all gather and have a group discussion, like when you found out you were Revan in Kotor 1 on the Ebon Hawk and Carth told everyone.

Also there are some ingame cutscenes that will have party members talking to each other, or furthering along the plot. One of the funniest is having the Handmadien and Mira talk to each other about 'how to get a man' lol.

Not MUCH of their pasts, though.

There's not as much character interaction of the sort that was in the first game. However, there's a lot more story and plot-related stuff happening, and overall there seems to be more happening behind the scenes with your party members and the plot in general. It makes them feel less like an extension of your will, which is a good thing, I think - but they should've left in the option of more direct conversation with your NPC's. They did a really good job with the influence system.

1)conversations between party members like the first one had conversations between Canderous and Carth.

Not in the same way, but that's for the better. You don't need to go walking around with the 'right' people in your party; party interaction takes place automatically every once in awhile when you enter the Ebon Hawk. It actually allows the conversations to be more natural; instead of just suddenly chatting about something in the middle of a Sith base, you'll see them strolling the corridors of the Ebon Hawk chatting in a sort of mini-cutscene.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Does anybody know exactly what triggers these 'mini-cutscenes'? I tend not to return to my ship all that often, even less now because it's not an instant heal like in the first KOTOR. I've noticed that when you gain a new character, you'll usually have a cutscene the first time you step onto the ship after it. I've also had several cutscenes, one after another. I'm not sure if the top was 2 or 3 unrelated cutscenes.

I'm just wondering if it's entirely random with the exception of gaining new characters. Or if it's dependent on your levels, or the levels of your various characters, or related to plot progress, or influence, or something completely different.

• 3 weeks later...
You need influence to unlock all of their past.  But the dialogue and characters are much better than the first game.

Thats totally not true, all the characters after ahile only have the same couple of dialoge options and don't really increase with exp.

spoilerish

in one instance a certain character tells you there real name, but low and behold that the same dialoge option which they don't remaines

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.