Merry Christmas!

He appealed to them because they believed that what he said was the truth. That is what the era of information changed, ignorance

*Restraining self*

The era of ignorance is NOT over. Do you realize how many times in history a population believed that previous societies were ignorant, and the current society had solved ignorance? That was the rationale behind colonialism.

true .. 1000 years ago .. not today .. most religions today focus heavily on compassion and respect for those around you! but people can twist the words of the religion to their needs, true .. I just don't see how you can blame religion for that!

that's like saying the car is evil because some people use it to kill others with!

1000 years ago, but not today???!!! So Bush saying that god was advising him to invade Iraq is not? I didn't say I blame religion as a malevolent, self-conscious force, but it is a tool nontheless. You cannot blame cigarettes either, but they facilitate the problem.

Using religion to validify something like a was is so lame it untrue, but I better becareful what I say or I could be extrodittted as terrorist!

Why is that so Ameorn?

What do you mean? why i have a headache? because i've been sitting in front of my pc the whole day.

Or why i agree with you on the ignorance? well, because it can be applied to religion too in a way. and ok, i brought hitler up because what Lacan wrote about killing homosexuals reminded me of hitler and the extermination camps.

Gennocide can not be put into a positive light, is sick and wrong! Full stop"

What the? did i put it in a positive light? NO!!!!!!! read the post thouroghly!!!

I might not saying you did! Sorry if I implied that because I didn't think that, I just saying that, that's all!

Or people want to ignore the problem they just would do anything about it! It's the old "What can one man do excuse!" Which is really pathetic!

Ok, i get what you're saying now. as long as we don't go and accuse someone of something which they didn't mean at all. (made sense) :devil:

1000 years ago, but not today???!!! So Bush saying that god was advising him to invade Iraq is not? I didn't say I blame religion as a malevolent, self-conscious force, but it is a tool nontheless. You cannot blame cigarettes either, but they facilitate the problem.

it's just in my mind .. blaming anything but the person(s) behind the act is unthinkable .. people choose to smoke, who knows why, they die .. people choose to go to war, who knows why, they die .. You need to justify your actions to yourself, and I can see religion is a good excuse for some! but I will always blame the person, and not the ideal he follows .. they made the conscious choice ..

Fortune favors the bald.

He appealed to them because they believed that what he said was the truth. That is what the era of information changed, ignorance

*Restraining self*

The era of ignorance is NOT over. Do you realize how many times in history a population believed that previous societies were ignorant, and the current society had solved ignorance? That was the rationale behind colonialism.

Yes, it has always been like that hasn't it? We always think we are better than our ancestor, and then we go and do something as stupid or most of the cases, "stupider" <-- not a word i know, but you get what i'm getting at.

Why is that so Ameorn?

What do you mean? why i have a headache? because i've been sitting in front of my pc the whole day.

Or why i agree with you on the ignorance? well, because it can be applied to religion too in a way. and ok, i brought hitler up because what Lacan wrote about killing homosexuals reminded me of hitler and the extermination camps.

Gennocide can not be put into a positive light, is sick and wrong! Full stop"

What the? did i put it in a positive light? NO!!!!!!! read the post thouroghly!!!

I might not saying you did! Sorry if I implied that because I didn't think that, I just saying that, that's all!

Or people want to ignore the problem they just would do anything about it! It's the old "What can one man do excuse!" Which is really pathetic!

Ok, i get what you're saying now. as long as we don't go and accuse someone of something which they didn't mean at all. (made sense) :devil:

No worries! I not upset! :D :cool:

Well some religion are implying that you have to do certain things.

And if you are raised in a society that favors a certain religion it is only natural that you grow up to believe it as well.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Let's throw Iraq aside. Whether you agree with the war or not, there is one fact that came out of this. We were led to believe there was WMD in Iraq before we invaded, and now it turns out that is not the case, and the evidence was fabricated. Now hold your horses, because this is an important point: A large group of "educated" people in a wealthy country believed that there were WMD in Iraq, only to find out that there is not. That is the very definition of ignorance, and proves that ignorance still exists in large quantities.

*Restraining self*

Yes, it has always been like that hasn't it? We always think we are better than our ancestor, and then we go and do something as stupid or most of the cases, "stupider" <-- not a word i know, but you get what i'm getting at.

True, very true!

Just so Ghost of Anakin doesn't get pi**ed again, it's like what Jolee said about not thinking your time is the most epic because your in it!

See! Where on topic! :D

Let's throw Iraq aside. Whether you agree with the war or not, there is one fact that came out of this. We were led to believe there was WMD in Iraq before we invaded, and now it turns out that is not the case, and the evidence was fabricated. Now hold your horses, because this is an important point: A large group of "educated" people in a wealthy country believed that there were WMD in Iraq, only to find out that there is not. That is the very definition of ignorance, and proves that ignorance still exists in large quantities.

That is overkill, true but overkill. you can prove ignorance by just stepping out the door...

Well some religion are implying that you have to do certain things.

And if you are raised in a society that favors a certain religion it is only natural that you grow up to believe it as well.

so if the voices in your head tells you to kill someone you do it? .. I know you will follow the cultural guidelines of your upbringing .. but todays religion, or what religion emphasises today is not war .. "turn the other cheak"? unless you totally disregard the second half of the bible you can't justify a war with Christianity!

Fortune favors the bald.

it's just in my mind .. blaming anything but the person(s) behind the act is unthinkable .. people choose to smoke, who knows why, they die .. people choose to go to war, who knows why, they die .. You need to justify your actions to yourself, and I can see religion is a good excuse for some! but I will always blame the person, and not the ideal he follows .. they made the conscious choice ..

I can see your point, and agree that to a certain extent society is responsible for its own mistakes. But, in my mind, humans are so flawed that they cannot even be expected to do something they know is logical. Reason can be so twisted in a human being's mind with seemingly the simplest of efforts. I once saw a person (on a CNN show) crying after her apparent exorcism by some priest/con-artist. A segment of our society's minds are so malleable that anything can be believed.

edit: I must commend the mods for being so open-minded and not locking this immediately. Thanx.

That is overkill, true but overkill. you can prove ignorance by just stepping out the door...

It's like there being a magical apperance of a pipeline in Afganistan, the states wanted oil because they were worried about there gas guzzlin' hmmers would run out of fuel, so they depose the regemy that they had been there under the guize of 'liberty' and give themselves free trade on the side, cutting themselves a major slice of oil pie and probably riping of the Iraqi's at the same time!