Spoilers

Kazic

My bet on how they'll decide who lived and who didn't in KOTOR is through the infamous Atton Rand conversation.

4 options:

1. LS Revan Male

2. LS Revan Female

3. DS Revan Male

4. DS Revan Female

I think they'll probably just settle for the best possible endings in each one, ie. LS Revan Male, Bastila lives and is in love with Revan, DS Revan Female, Carth dies and Bastila is Revan's apprentice, etc.

Another thought: In the Malak/Bastila screenshot, Bastila is alos lightside. SHe's wearing her starting Jedi clothing, not the black Sith Robes Malak clothed her in. Both Malak and Bastila appear in lightside form.

"You shall not pass!"

I read somwhere in an interview that when Lucasarts got Obsidian to make the game they had a couple limits,and one of them was NO FLASHBACKS.

Taking this into consideration Im guessing that this is some kind of Sith illusion.The ''exile'' was probably freinds with Cariaga Sin,the other Jedi,Malak and Bastilla before they were killed/corrupted in the war. Your probably making your way down into these ruins and these are just illusions made by a sith lord or Revan to test you? :ph34r:

I noticed this. Any idea why?

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Guys instead of asking me for the review, look at the links posted on one of the past pages. Would anyone be so kind as to bring them up to this page?

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Beware: Spoilers!!!

Here they are:

Beware: Spoilers!!!

Here's the links.

awesome freaking awesome....I dunno if that is a lightside malak....but its b4 he got his jaw cut off...maybe this is where he gets his injuriy and this is some type of playable flashback and ur pc is the one who disformed malak, like I had thought b4 in the past....but I wonder why bastilla is there because she wasnt in the mandelorian wars....who knows that pic is damn confusing but This game is going to OWN kotor 1...its going to Own game of the year once again....I guarentee it.....just like I guarenteed all u non-believers would get all gitty by the time they started releasing stuff like this....

It appears as of now it has to be considered as part of a possible large plot twist. malak does look light side and his Jaw hasn't been cut off so perhaps it is a playable flashback. I'll tell you one thing this is one of the great parts of this storyline trust me. Also whoever posted that image I hate you :- but seriously if that is part of the major plot twist I am going to be pissed off.

awesome freaking awesome....I dunno if that is a lightside malak....but its b4 he got his jaw cut off...maybe this is where he gets his injuriy and this is some type of playable flashback and ur pc is the one who disformed malak, like I had thought b4 in the past....but I wonder why bastilla is there because she wasnt in the mandelorian wars....who knows that pic is damn confusing but This game is going to OWN kotor 1...its going to Own game of the year once again....I guarentee it.....just like I guarenteed all u non-believers would get all gitty by the time they started releasing stuff like this....

It appears as of now it has to be considered as part of a possible large plot twist. malak does look light side and his Jaw hasn't been cut off so perhaps it is a playable flashback. I'll tell you one thing this is one of the great parts of this storyline trust me. Also whoever posted that image I hate you :- but seriously if that is part of the major plot twist I am going to be pissed off.

I didn't post the pic, but I made the posted pic possible lol. Also, yes I know that they said no flashbacks. That's why my vote is going towards a hullicantion. This may not even be a major part of the story, merely something done to freak you out in a sith tomb.

When I just saw the pic by itself I was freaked out. I dunno what I'll do when (if) it happens in game, especially since I'll be all tense and expecting it now lol.

Also you cannot choose to planet hop at all until later on...in other words you have to go to the planets that you are given until later on...after that you then can choose what planets to go too....if I remember rightly in reading the review it said somthing that you can go back and play few planets from kotor or somthing....somthing like that.

This was stated way in the beginning of this thread lol. It is a long way back, but it's there.

I have a few under my hat that I'm not letting out period, because they'll ruin some things for some people. As for spec, no not really.

I want to change the topic now to the handmaiden. Whos hand do you think she is, and why would she leave her master when it's her duty to serve them and all.

I know why the review says she joins you, but it also says that no one joins without some sort of ulterior motive. Discuss.

I know you find her on onderon and she stows away. I want to know why lol. That would make atris a queen possibly? Were monarchs allowed to join th ejedi in this day and still retain their title?

Well, Atris may just be a force adept with some training.

Handmaiden probably stows away because:

1. She leaves Onderon because her Mistress has sent her to be with you.

2. She sneaks out of Onderon w/o permission because she wants you.

3. She stows aboard by conincidence to leave Onderon and then realizes your a Jedi (unlikely).

"You shall not pass!"

Or ahe merely wants to learn. She could be atris' relative or something perhaps. The way atris is featured makes me think she's more than a mere force adept. She's something special.

The spoilers here feel pretty. . .tame. There's a lot they're still not telling us that hasn't been mostly figured out.

I know thi is a long shot, but maybe Malak and Bastie are force ghosts? I recall that Anakin was back to his lightside self at the end of ROTJ. In the OOT, I mean.

Fnord.

So what could Atris be? Obviously she has some connection with Handmaiden, since they both dress completely in white and sport a platinum blonde hairdo.

Plus, they both look like they're young. I would estimate their ages to be very similar and between 18 and 26.

"You shall not pass!"

So what could Atris be? Obviously she has some connection with Handmaiden, since they both dress completely in white and sport a platinum blonde hairdo.

Plus, they both look like they're young. I would estimate their ages to be very similar and between 18 and 26.

They could be pulling the "ole switcharoo", as seen in Episode One.

Fnord.

No, they aren't, yes the spoilers are tame, which is why no one should have a fit, but I made sure I as clear that there are some spoiler because some people will freak out even if the discover small things they don't want to know.

It was stated that atris is not a party member though by a dev.

Two points.

1) they don't look like spirits to me

2) Malak died as a Sith Lord, so he cannot reappear like a Jedi spirit afterwards..

I know thi is a long shot, but maybe Malak and Bastie are force ghosts? I recall that Anakin was back to his lightside self at the end of ROTJ. In the OOT, I mean.

Well if we keep going down the "force ghost" possibility, we'd have to wonder how the first KotOR ended (DS? or LS?). If it was a Dark ending, Malak would have died just as he lived, as a Sith. If if was a Light ending, Malak was regretful of his path down the darkside in his dying words.

ERGO: The "force ghost" possibility of fighting a Malak where his jaw has not been severed (like the screenshot) may be feasible!

After all, lets not forget at the end of ROTJ where Luke sees the ghosts of Anakin Skywalker next to Obi Wan without the mechanical life support he had as Darth Vader!

HOWEVER: If this were true, and we were facing a "redeemed ghost" of Malak...

1) Why is he using a RED SABER in the screenshot?

2) We haven't considered the conversation with Atton Rand at the beginning of the game. If you answer his questions as if KotOR 1 had ended on the DS path, then this would not be possible at all as Malak would not regret his dark path dying to an evil Revan.

3) Can we even assume which path KotOR 2 will continue from KotOR 1? Dark or Light.

With all these questions, I think its safe to assume the "force ghost" possibility is out.

Another inference from the screenshot that can safely be made is that you are the only one in your party. Bastila is certainly not with you and neither are any of the other jedi.

You can also assume that every single person in that screenshot (including Bastila) is ganging up on you. After all, they are all pointed in your direction, and they dont seem to be fighting amongst each other.

Anyways thats just what comes to mind right now. Feel free to rag on my lowly post count while you can : )

EDIT: Ignore this post if you want. I didn't see the subject changed to Handmaiden.

Ah well, its late and im tired so sue me :thumbsup:

I certainly hope Handmaiden isn't Atris' body double unless they can come up with a very good explanation. It would be silly to copy the prequels so blatantly.

Maybe Handmaiden is an Atris servant-clone.

P.S. I can't wait until next week when we'll have something else to call her besides Handmaiden. At least I really hope we will. :D

"You shall not pass!"

No you are correct on all counts by my estimations. I hope she has a real name as well. One can't help byt wonder why her name needs to be kept a secret though. Hmmm...