Spoilers

Kazic

As for practical notations - Malak has a red lightsaber... doesn't mean he's darkside or anything but usually the evil guys have red lightsabers... even tho my darkside Revan had light blue.

You had a pretty weird DS Revan you know that??

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

In the photo, it looks to me as though the characters have the following lightsaber colors:

Malak: Purple

Bastila: Yellow (as usual)

the Exile: Red

Other Jedi: Blue, Yellow, Green

In other words, your PC is evil fighting Bastila and a "good" Malak...?

"You shall not pass!"

Probably some sort of training simulation or other illusion. There is no real justification for having the character fight a light side Malak, Bastila, and all those other Jedi....especially given that pretty much all the Jedi are supposed to be dead.

And for the record, that review has clinched it; I must find a way to play this game before February. (w00t)

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

nah i looked at it real hard. the PC has the purple and blue and is holding them like an X to block malak's attack. malak is holding a red saber. its a bit confusing due to all the lightsabers looking like they are 'over' one when they actually aren't.

You know. That could...Not be Malak, and just be a bald Jedi.  :ph34r:

With Malak's exact same head markings (or whatever they are) and outfit?

It would be a stretch. Something is up, but I don't think they would have posted that picture if it were a MAJOR spoiler...which the return of the actual Malak as a Light Sider would be.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I know that, but tell me. How else can you explain this pic???

They're force spirts, maybe the lightside ones look differnt.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Indeed, Malak is the one holding the RED lightsaber!!!!!

A clone? That seems another logical explanation.

No, he is holding a purple light saber.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Hmm. They did imply "I am your father" would look childsplay compared to TSL's take - there might be something to this Malak thing.  :ph34r:

The Malak you killed on the first KOTOR was a clone and the real Malak is the MSG.. :-

Indeed, Malak is the one holding the RED lightsaber!!!!!

A clone? That seems another logical explanation.

No, he is holding a purple light saber.

Zoom the picture and look carefuly.

hmmmm....

Yeah, the PC is holding the reb saber, Malak is holding the purple saber...

.....for what it's worth, the people you're fighting (in that screenshot) look very similar to the people in the cut-scene in KOTOR I when you see Bastila take out Malak, and he kills them first (before her)

Perhaps time-travel is involved somehow in this KOTOR, like you travel back to the past, to protect the future, or something - to change what happened between KOTOR and KOTOR II

That would seem rather weird for a Star Wars series...

What other possibilities would Malak have for being alive and good again at this point, unless he IS a force-spirit of some kind (given that Bastila is there too...I'm guessing force-spirit would be the only option?)

Yeah, the PC is holding the reb saber, Malak is holding the purple saber...

.....for what it's worth, the people you're fighting (in that screenshot) look very similar to the people in the cut-scene in KOTOR I when you see Bastila take out Malak, and he kills them first (before her)

Perhaps time-travel is involved somehow in this KOTOR, like you travel back to the past, to protect the future, or something - to change what happened between KOTOR and KOTOR II

That would seem rather weird for a Star Wars series...

What other possibilities would Malak have for being alive and good again at this point, unless he IS a force-spirit of some kind (given that Bastila is there too...I'm guessing force-spirit would be the only option?)

The PC is holding the purple one, Malak's is RED.