I sense a Disturbance in the Force ...

Something seems to be wrong.

The game is slated by several distribution points as being released in early December for the US X Box, but checking the official Lucas Arts site, I notice a distinct lack of a preorder available in their on-line store. Just a disquieting message (considering how little time is left between now and the supposed release) saying Pre-order available soon.

Perhaps the unforseen has happened? I wonder what problems would occur if the hint book gets released on time (a DVD enhanced version is set for Nov 30, a little over a week away), yet the game gets delayed a month (for the US X Box players)... :ermm:

Thinking on it, I'm more than likely jumping to wild conclusions, still ... I can't help but wonder. :ph34r:

If it were delayed, I'd be interested to see the reaction from those XBox gamers who insisted PC gamers were whiners because they got "lied to" by Lucasarts. I'm curious how they'd handle being deceived. :ermm:"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If it were delayed, I'd be interested to see the reaction from those XBox gamers who insisted PC gamers were whiners because they got "lied to" by Lucasarts.  I'm curious how they'd handle being deceived.  :ermm:"

Thats because when it happened to you guys it was funny, but if it happened to us.....that'd be just wrong

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Thats because when it happened to you guys it was funny, but if it happened to us.....that'd be just wrong

I'm afraid I have to disagree. When it happened to us, it was the worst thing ever perpetrated in this industry. But if it happens to you guys, then that's just comedy gold. :ermm:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Perhaps the unforseen has happened? I wonder what problems would occur if the hint book gets released on time (a DVD enhanced version is set for Nov 30, a little over a week away), yet the game gets delayed a month (for the US X Box players)...

My heart would bleed for you.

No, not really.

LOL, I'm a bit worried too. Release is supposedly two weeks away. If that's true the "gane gold announcement" should cone very very soon because it takes about 2 weeks to mass produce the games and get them shipped out to stores. If it is on time, they're cutting it awfully close.

Welcome to the Pink side of the Force

Revenge is a dish best served in a warm, pink tupperware dish!

Grrrr to Atris! Snooty, stuck-up little....

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

Well its probaly not the case, a "friend of a friend" who works at XboX magazine already has the full version of the game. But if he's lying I'm going to break his legs

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

They're probably in final testing stages but still...I'm a little worried...

Pink Side Master to Darth Gandalf, Trooper, Ronil Organ, Bokishi, Mr_Dashman, Stargate: 2000, mista_me, DarthDoGooder, GarethCarrots, Ludozee, and Obi-Wan Kenobi

I'm not. Until Feb rolls around. Then I'll be worried.

Yoiu should be worried. Ya'll aren't getting yours till June :ermm:

If it were delayed, I'd be interested to see the reaction from those XBox gamers who insisted PC gamers were whiners because they got "lied to" by Lucasarts.  I'm curious how they'd handle being deceived.  :ermm:"

meh at least we would still get it before the PC users!.... ok ok I am just joking on this one, don't hunt me down!! I would be pissed like most people would be but I don't think it would affect me greatly since I would merely go pick it up asap (besides I wouldn't to surprised since I have been kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop on this little feasco{sp?}). But if it does happen I can see these boards falling into another dark age much like it did a few months ago when it was released that the majority of the gammers had been lied to since day one.

I know its easy to say now but I guess the only way to know for sure is to wait and see what happens.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

If it is still in that stage (which all last previews do not match up with) then the earliest we will get it is Janurary if lucky.

I am with laozi it will come out on time becuase so many places have full copies already.

They have preview copies not final copies. Any one know how long it usually takes to get from preview to final?

They have preview copies not final copies. Any one know how long it usually takes to get from preview to final?

according to the last article from IGN they have the final version.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I coulda sworn they said they had a preview copy. If they've got a final version what's holding up the gold announcement?

I'll almost positive they've said that they have the final version and that no more changes are going to occur to the game, of course I don't work for anyone so basically I'm talking out of my ass

first off...lucasarts says that the game is released on december 6th? but i must agree it still says pre-order coming soon *lol* there is only approx 12 days till the game comes out...and the pre-order should've been up by now,actually it shouldve even been up a few months eariler...and there is no anouncments that the game has offically gone gold at all any where.for the game to be released and gone gold it would have to be this week coming,unless we would be left *in the slumber* by lucasarts :) <_<

i also remember when kotor was delayed and delayed and delayed and delayed and delayed and delayed.....bla bla bla and man it was painful :(

first off...lucasarts says that the game is released on december 6th? but i must agree it still says pre-order coming soon *lol* there is only approx 12 days till the game comes out...and the pre-order should've been up by now....actually it shouldve even been up a few months eariler...and there is no anouncments that the game has offically gone gold at all :(....any where...for te game to be released and gone gold it would have to be this week coming.....unless we would be left in the slumber by lucasarts :)  <_<

i also remember when kotor was delayed and delayed and delated and delayed and delayed and delayed.....bla bla bla and man it was painful :blink:

Ya I remember that too.

because it takes about 2 weeks to mass produce the games and get them shipped out to stores. If it is on time, they're cutting it awfully close.

After a game goes gold it's usually 7 to 8 days later that it's shipped,not two weeks. So I wouldn't expect to see anything saying it's going gold till right before the 1st of Dec.

If it's late it's late,nothing anyone can do about that.