EU (not the European Union)

What are your feeling against EU?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What are your feeling against EU?

• 1) I pretty much like everything that is Star Wars
    • 2) I do like most of them, but I'm keeping second thoughts about some of their suggestions.
    • 3) I only like few things about EU.
    • 4) I couldn't care less for EU.
    • 5) What is the EU?
    • 6) Great another meaningless poll.

Ya especially since the idea of anyone, after they have mastered space travel, refering to anything as "magic" and believing it to be, is as they say uber-lame :(

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Can't sya anythign about the novels that come happen after ROTJ, haven't read them. But have read almost everything from the clone wars period and i think it's most of it is very good so far.

Trying to read everything chronologically, but it's getting harder and harder not to buy NJO series and other about the "future"...

EDIT: Man there are a lot of spelling errors in this post...

Not at all. Tales of the Jedi are far better than crappy Old Trilogy. And Shatterpoint, Cestus Deception and Republic Series are million times better than the Prequels!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Hey where is the option that you like EU better than the original Star Wars.  Or is that Blasphemy  :devil:

No you can say what you feel of course. Personally to me thats sort of in the same vein as someone who would say that For Whom the Bell Tolls the movie is much better book. I would have to disagree fervently but I'm sure someone out there believes that.

I use this as an example because in the case of movies being turned to books there is not a real fair comparision. I've never read a Star Trek novel, because Star Trek bores the hell out of me.

I think that alot (not all) of people who actually like the EU better never really appreciated what it took for Star Wars to be created, much less sucessful. Its alot easier to write a novel about a world that has already been created then it is to come up with your own ideas, your own characters, factions, etc.

To me these authors have been given so much and have done so little, it sad

:rolleyes:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Guest Fallen Jedi

I would like to know more 'bout the EU.

Unfortunately it's quite hard to find any EU comic books for example here in Finland.

Dunno where I could find em.

From what little I've read of the EU.....

No, I don't particularly like it. In particular, the Yuuzhan Vong feel totally and completely out of place and I prefer to pretend they haven't been written into the 'official universe.'

Also, what the hell is with the Emperor cloning himself endlessly? Kinda takes the punch out of the final scenes of ROTJ when the only thing Anakin Skywalker managed to do was slow the guy down for a little while.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I think that alot (not all) of people who actually like the EU better never really appreciated what it took for Star Wars to be created, much less sucessful. Its alot easier to write a novel about a world that has already been created then it is to come up with your own ideas, your own characters, factions, etc.

You know that's why I like Tales of the Jedi so much. Anderson took very little from the movies and created his own original and remarkable vision of Star Wars (yeah I know that you'll use word "lame") with its own characters, technology, conflicts and lore.

The good example to prove your opinion is Michael Stackpole and his X-Wing series that, on the other hand, took almost everything from the movies and is very un-original and boring

Unfortunately it's quite hard to find any EU comic books for example here in Finland

You can always buy in Amazon

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

You know that's why I like Tales of the Jedi so much. Anderson took very little from the movies and created his own original and remarkable vision of Star Wars (yeah I know that you'll use word "lame") with its own characters, technology, conflicts and lore.

True. On the other hand, I think he's responsible for the whole idea of the Republic being 25,000 years old, something which has always struck me as lame.

Guess you have to take the good with the bad....

George Lucas was responsible for this idea in first versions of ANH script.

The shadow of this you have, when Kenobi says that Jedi existed for 1000 generations (25000 years)

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

[

The good example to prove your opinion is Michael Stackpole and his X-Wing series that, on the other hand, took almost everything from the movies and  is very un-original and boring

As a writter myself, its taken me over two years to create a suitable prehistory for my world that I'm creating, and that world still changes everyday. What Anderson did was still remarkable easy no two ways about it

The shadow of this you have, when Kenobi says that Jedi existed for 1000 generations (25000 years)

1000 generations.....Ahhh. I misremember, then; I thought he said 1000 years, which is far more reasonable.

The Star Wars galaxy must be a pretty dull place if really important, interesting events only happen once every few millenia (though, when they come, they do seem to come in force.) :thumbsup:

1000 generations.....Ahhh. I misremember, then; I thought he said 1000 years, which is far more reasonable.

The Star Wars galaxy must be a pretty dull place if really important, interesting events only happen once every few millenia (though, when they come, they do seem to come in force.) :)

I think that it would only make since that if the Republic was protected by Jedi then it would endure for an amazingly long amount of time

Actually they cost the same as any other dark horse comic (10$) and they are more worthy than most star wars novels.

When I compare Republic series to what wriiiters write on Clone Wars I can say that only two clone wars novels can stand such comparison: Shatterpoint and Cestus Deception. Rest is dull

Really Haden Blackman is far better editor than Sue Rostoni that has ego bigger than entire Mid-East (ever tried to talk with that windbag on official site?)

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Hey where is the option that you like EU better than the original Star Wars.  Or is that Blasphemy  :-

No you can say what you feel of course. Personally to me thats sort of in the same vein as someone who would say that For Whom the Bell Tolls the movie is much better book. I would have to disagree fervently but I'm sure someone out there believes that.

I use this as an example because in the case of movies being turned to books there is not a real fair comparision. I've never read a Star Trek novel, because Star Trek bores the hell out of me.

To me these authors have been given so much and have done so little, it sad

:geek:

Impressive. You manage to make sense from time to time. Keep it up. :)

For me there's a simple rule... comics are OK, novels suck. Big time. That said, I will admit the only TotJ series I didn't find painful to read was 'Redemption'. The new comics 'Republic', 'Jedi', and the Jango Fett series are pretty good. But nothing compares to the movies, period.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

NJO--- Never Jam Oasis

Actually they cost the same as any other dark horse comic (10$) and they are more worthy than most star wars novels.

When I compare Republic series to what wriiiters write on Clone Wars I can say that only two clone wars novels can stand such comparison: Shatterpoint and  Cestus Deception. Rest is dull

Really Haden Blackman is far better editor than Sue Rostoni that has ego bigger than entire Mid-East (ever tried to talk with that windbag on official site?)

$10? When I looked at amazon they came up as like $32. If they were only $10 each, I'd definetely have picked them up.

As for Sue, she seems ok to me. I haven't really "talked" to her other than asking a few generic questions that required a "yes or no" answer from her.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)