Going back and playing KOTOR 1

everytime i think of replaying it i can't get past the thought of having to once again slug through the under water parts.

That's one of the reasons I'm having trouble playing through one more time to set up my TSL game. As a whole, I enjoy KOTOR immensely. But there are parts of the game that I'd rather not play through, but are unavoidable. Ah well, I guess I'll decide when it's closer to release date.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

everytime i think of replaying it i can't get past the thought of having to once again slug through the under water parts.

That's one of the reasons I'm having trouble playing through one more time to set up my TSL game. As a whole, I enjoy KOTOR immensely. But there are parts of the game that I'd rather not play through, but are unavoidable. Ah well, I guess I'll decide when it's closer to release date.

Pray those parts never appear in the sequel.

Still, this is only a small blip on the enjoyment of the game. I've stood it 14+ times, I can do it 15+ times.

Well, when the PC version of KOTOR 2 is released, I'll return to KOTOR once again then after that playthrough, I'll go and buy KOTOR 2, get home and install it and then play it like crazy, following the path I played in KOTOR 2 (meaning that my answers in the beginning will be related to what I did as Revan in the first game).

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I know what you mean, I had exactly the same thing with Baldurs Gate. Kotor too, come to think of it, but not as bad as BG.

There's a way around that, at least in the PC. You won't get rid of it completely, but it makes playing through envirosuit/spacesuit parts more tolerable. What you have to do is have any form of Force speed active the moment you use the door that takes you 'outside'. That way, the game still keeps the increased movement speed when wearing the suit, but it won't count as if the power was active, so it won't wear off. You will still be sluggish, but not quite so much. :blink:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That's one of the reasons I'm having trouble playing through one more time to set up my TSL game.  As a whole, I enjoy KOTOR immensely.  But there are parts of the game that I'd rather not play through, but are unavoidable.  Ah well, I guess I'll decide when it's closer to release date.

There's a way around that, at least in the PC. You won't get rid of it completely, but it makes playing through envirosuit/spacesuit parts more tolerable. What you have to do is have any form of Force speed active the moment you use the door that takes you 'outside'. That way, the game still keeps the increased movement speed when wearing the suit, but it won't count as if the power was active, so it won't wear off. You will still be sluggish, but not quite so much. :blink:

Yeah, I knew about that exploit. Actually, I wasn't referring to that specific part, I just happened to quote someone who didn't like that part. I just meant that there are certain areas I'd rather not have to do (the redundancy of the Taris undercity for example), isn't something I want to sit through again.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)