Gamespot Says TSL Wont Be Live Enabled

Will This Stop You From Buying The XBox Version?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Will This Stop You From Buying The XBox Version?

• Hell yeah it will I am buying the PC version now
    • I could care less the XBox version will still own
    • Looks like TSL already falls short of KOTOR not going to buy it
    • Damn Obsidian lies once again those lazy bastards
    • Ha ha XBox losers PC rules
    • I will still buy the game just not for fifty bucks

Here is a link to the Gamespot preview click

I canceled my pre-order with Gamestop after reading the preview. I will still buy the game I just won't pay fifty bucks for it. Since the game is really just Kotor with a few new bells and whistles the downloadable content was the major seller for me. Obsidian had stated that they would produce multiple downloads which included one avalible at the games release. Turns out that was just a load of crap. The DLC was most likely cut due to the fact Obsidian is being forced by Lucas Arts to make a DEC 4 release date. Thanks a lot Lucas Arts. Shame on Obsidian for not having the balls to stand up to them. Guess I will wait and pick it up used or most likely rent it. I could buy the PC version but I hated playing KOTOR on my PC and I don't see that fact changing with TSL. What do you think about no live? I am going back to playing Halo 2.

Cheers!

What's the big deal? It's not like the downloadable content was going to be earth-shattering or anything.

What was the Live content from KOTOR? Yavin station? Wow, you miss out on some powerful lightsabers and a Trandoshan fight. It hardly affected the game much.

It's actually quite amusing that a lot of XBox users are now upset that they feel the game is being "rushed" since they no longer get their Live download content. Whereas before, they were telling us PC gamers to stop whining since we had to wait til February to get our version.

Oh well, you can't have it both ways.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Here is a link to the Gamespot preview  click

I canceled my pre-order with Gamestop after reading the preview. I will still buy the game I just won't pay fifty bucks for it. Since the game is really just Kotor with a few new bells and whistles the downloadable content was the major seller for me. Obsidian had stated that they would produce multiple downloads which included one avalible at the games release. Turns out that was just a load of crap. The DLC was most likely cut due to the fact Obsidian is being forced by Lucas Arts to make a DEC 4 release date. Thanks a lot Lucas Arts. Shame on Obsidian for not having the balls to stand up to them. Guess I will wait and pick it up used or most likely rent it. I could buy the PC version but I hated playing KOTOR on my PC and I don't see that fact changing with TSL. What do you think about no live? I am going back to playing Halo 2.

Cheers!

So, no DLC, whats the big deal? and no extra content for PC either so whats the point of getting PC version instead of the Xbox. Oh ya and the game will still kickass.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

It's actually quite amusing that a lot of XBox users are now upset that they feel the game is being "rushed" since they no longer get their Live download content.  Whereas before, they were telling us PC gamers to stop whining since we had to wait til February to get our version.

Oh well, you can't have it both ways.

No, he is the only one pissed.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

It's your $50.

But I'm more interested in seeing what MCA and co. have up their sleeves. Especially after the Jefferson and Van Buren fiasco.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

It's actually quite amusing that a lot of XBox users are now upset that they feel the game is being "rushed" since they no longer get their Live download content.  Whereas before, they were telling us PC gamers to stop whining since we had to wait til February to get our version.

As an xbow user I can say I don't give a flying funk about download content. Both xbox and pc users should just shut-up and quit-yer-bitchin'. :blink:

What's the big deal?  It's not like the downloadable content was going to be earth-shattering or anything.

The big deal for me is the game uses the same engine as KOTOR will feature the same combat and will all in all basicly be the same game as KOTOR. The very least a developer can do is have some DLC to keep the game fresh. Obsidian promised multiple downloads which would give me the player a reason to play through the game multiple times. As it stands now I see no reason why I would play the game more than once. 12-20 hours worth of gameplay isn't worth my fifty bucks but hey thats just my opinion I'm not asking anybody else to rally to my cause. I put up this poll to see how everyone else feels about it. Sorry if my bitching got the best of me.

Hey don't group me in with the jerks who were on these boards when the DEC 4 release date was announced. Not all XBox owners are pricks and not all of us were happy about the new date. Many of us feared as I did something like this crap would happen. Plus I am a PC gamer as well so think twice before you make broad stroke statements about XBox owners.

Cheers!

The big deal for me is the game uses the same engine as KOTOR will feature the same combat and will all in all basicly be the same game as KOTOR. The very least a developer can do is have some DLC to keep the game fresh. Obsidian promised multiple downloads which would give me the player a reason to play through the game more than once. As it stands now I would only play the game once. 12-20 hours worth of gameplay isn't worth my fifty bucks but hey thats just my opinion I'm not asking anybody else to rally to my cause.

So, what you're trying to say is, you would replay the whole game again to get to try some new items, maybe a few new fights, but you wouldn't replay it to see the alternate ending and try other gameplay options?

Get real.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The big deal for me is the game uses the same engine as KOTOR will feature the same combat and will all in all basicly be the same game as KOTOR. The very least a developer can do is have some DLC to keep the game fresh. Obsidian promised multiple downloads which would give me the player a reason to play through the game more than once. As it stands now I would only play the game once. 12-20 hours worth of gameplay isn't worth my fifty bucks but hey thats just my opinion I'm not asking anybody else to rally to my cause.

Exactly what kind of downloadable content were you expecting? :blink:

Even if there was downloadable content, I doubt it would be the kind of thing that would make the game absolutely new and fresh each time. Besides, there are two pathes you can take (LS and DS), so at the bare minimum you'd play through 2 ways. Already that's much more replayability than most games that focus on one path to take.

Hey don't group me in with the jerks who were on these boards when the DEC 4 release date was announced. Not all XBox owners are pricks and not all of us were happy about the new date. Many of us feared as I did something like this crap would happen. Plus I am a PC gamer as well so think twice before you make broad stroke statements about XBox owners.

Cheers!

It was a general statement aimed at a general audience because the majority of XBox owners (majority, as in 51% or more) seemed to be all excited about the early release and thought the PC gamers were "Whiners" for displaying our displeasure about the PC version no longer being "simultaneously released". If it was meant SPECIFICALLY for you, I wouldn't have said "XBox users", I would have said "Dead Skin Mask".

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So, what you're trying to say is, you would replay the whole game again to get to try some new items, maybe a few new fights, but you wouldn't replay it to see the alternate ending and try other gameplay options?

Get real.

Since when do you have to play through KOTOR more than once to get both endings? Hell I got all 4 endings in Deus Ex IW in one play though the game.

Cheers!

Here is a link to the Gamespot preview  click

Cheers!

Honestly to me this dosen't make much of a difference.

The reason being: The first KOTOR only had 1 DLC and that was after MANY MANY months of waiting. For it to me that is even more unacceptable I would rather them scratch the idea of DLC if they aren't going to give you somthing substantial

The key word here is WORTH. If a game can't put out a resonable amount of DLC in a resonable amount of time after the games release then it's honestly not worth doing. You only piss of your fan base by doing that.

And as for balls, it takes more balls to stand up to your fans and say "we'd rather give you nothing then give you CRAP!"

Since when do you have to play through KOTOR more than once to get both endings? Hell I got all 4 endings in Deus Ex IW in one play though the game.

That's because Deus Ex IW sucked as a RPG. Don't expect TSL to have such a crappy and linear plot development. And yes, you could get both endings in K1 in just one go, but that didn't allow for full exploration of plot and/or gameplay options.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Try since it came out.

Really I must have a rare copy of the game because all I had to do was make a different choice at the temple mount. Hence I only played through the Star Forge twice. :rolleyes:

Cheers!

That just means you chose not to play through with both options. If that's the case and that's how you play through games (which is your choice and I'm not saying it's good or bad), then how exactly would more downloadable content help that? You'd still only play through one time, only you'd have extra "goodies" such as powerful weapons or armor.

You're not making your case very strong for why no downloadable content means the game itself will be hurt by it in any major way.

And as for balls, it takes more balls to stand up to your fans and say "we'd rather give you nothing then give you CRAP!"

Really I figured having balls would mean standing up to your publisher and saying the game isn't finished yet. God forbid Lucas Arts doesn't have a game for the Christmas season. Then again I guess balls could be as you said standing up and saying we are shiping what we have so deal with it. :rolleyes:

Look people I'm not telling you not to buy the game no need to attack my opinion. This is a poll you are supposed to express your opinion on the subject. Can't we all just get along?

Cheers!

That just means you chose not to play through with both options.  If that's the case and that's how you play through games (which is your choice and I'm not saying it's good or bad), then how exactly would more downloadable content help that?  You'd still only play through one time, only you'd have extra "goodies" such as powerful weapons or armor.

You're not making your case very strong for why no downloadable content means the game itself will be hurt by it in any major way.

Your assuming that the DLC would only be items and other minimal things. I was given the impression it would be more than just items. I think it was IGN Im not entirely sure but Obsidian said it would be multiple downloads which I think logicly means more content then just a new blaster or two. If that wasn't the case then your right in the sense I still wouldn't pay fifty bucks for this game.

Cheers!

If DSM doesn't want to buy the game just because there's no DL content and his feelings are hurt because of it, that's his prerogative.

If he didn't enjoy the story from the first game and doesn't think the new story is going to be worth paying for, again that's his prerogative.

Opinions are opinions, no matter how....smart or moronic.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Thats very rude. I don't believe I ever stated that the story would suck. I enjoyed KOTOR's story very much. However I did say I don't think a game like TSL that isn't brining anything new to the table gameplay and graphics wise is worth my fifty bucks without some DLC. If I wan't a good story I will buy a bloody book for fifteen bucks not a game that I played last year with a new name slaped on the cover.

Cheers!

If DSM doesn't want to buy the game just because there's no DL content and his feelings are hurt because of it, that's his prerogative.

If he didn't enjoy the story from the first game and doesn't think the new story is going to be worth paying for, again that's his prerogative.

Don't worry, he'll get it on the releas date even though it dosn't have DLC.