What class is Bao Dur?

What class do you think Bao Dur is?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What class do you think Bao Dur is?

• Fringer
    • Force Adept
    • Scout (Akari was mistaken)
    • Engineer (non-D20)
    • Other D20
    • Other non-D20

Akari said he thought Bao Dur had a new class. What do you think it is?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

The original Mira preview said she was a scout.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

i want him to be a force adept so i voted for it but im guessing a monk or an engineer.

engineer cuz he has the droid pet thing and his arm.

i doubt akari was mistaken

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

a person who can use the force :rolleyes:

i say teras kasi padawan,(or watever their first rank is)

but

if he was teras kasi, he could grow his arm back right(eu correct me if im wrong)

however

he might want the arm im he could grow it back he might not want to

What is Force Adept?

Force adept is a D20 class that gives a character Force abilities but without any kind of common training (Jedi or Sith). This results in a class with lots of ranks in Force abilities, but relatively weak in combat.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

No, they lack the martial proficiency to use lightsabers as a result of not having received regular training. It's as if they develop the Force abilities on their own. In the D20 you needed a very good reason to convince the GM to let you get the lightsaber martial proficiency if you were playing a Force adept, so if that class is included in the game, I doubt it will have access to that feat, just like a soldier can't get it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

No, they lack the martial proficiency to use lightsabers as a result of not having received regular training. It's as if they develop the Force abilities on their own. In the D20 you needed a very good reason to convince the GM to let you get the lightsaber martial proficiency if you were playing a Force adept, so if that class is included in the game, I doubt it will have access to that feat, just like a soldier can't get it.

That bites. :'(

Mira is a bounty hunter! stop saying scout ;s... Hrmm bao dur's ability lets him smash down energy shields with his special are or w/e is in it. He could be a monk.. but because all of you say there is a droid in his arm, I am going to assume is an engineer and the droid he has allows him interface with robots and computers. So basically he'd be a monk and an engineer in one. I think it's an interesting character.

Let's hope for the best! :luck:

I'm thinking he is a force adept. I'm guessing he becomes your apprentice and you train him.

Another note, if Mira is a bounty hunter class do we have any clue as to her level progression? Like how many Vitality points a level does she get and what about skill points?

I'm kind of hoping force adept, but for some reason I just don't think that he will be your apprentice :luck:

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Okay, so Mira is a bounty hunter, but... is that her class? Bounty hunter was a prestige class for soldiers in the D20, so I'm not that sure she will actually be that class.

I'm guessing for soldier, none of the other characters in your party seems to be one.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm guessing for soldier, none of the other characters in your party seems to be one.

Akari said he would be a new class.

In that case, i would guess something in the line of a technician. (I don't remember all classes in Star Wars d20)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy