What are your expectations of TSL?

Do you expect TSL to be...  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you expect TSL to be...

• Better than KotOR
    • As good as KotOR
    • Worse than KotOR

Expectation rises with game quality! Its like inflation! Just imagine TSL's had come out first and we are all waiting for KotOR to come out now. Puts it in perspective for me even though I havnt played TSL's yet. My guess is, if that was the way of things I'd be dissappointed with KotOR! Who knows though, but I'm quietly confident its been put in extremely good hands.

Obviously it is going to be better...

they improved all the weapons, feats, powers, clothing, and depth in the game.

there are more chars and a stronger correlation between LS and DS in your party.

Plus... the story can't get any worse cause they already played the reborn revan card. (w00t)

My hopes for TSL is that it has the same production quality in terms of dialogue and story. But time will tell.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I expect KotOR 2 to be the same as KotOR 1.  Graphically impressive, munchkin styled classes, easy combat, with an interesting if not predictable story.

I agree. It was an excellent game but I would have liked it more if it were geared towards hard-core gamers instead of casual gamers. However I still think KOTOR was and TSL will be an excellent game.

I expect KotOR 2 to be the same as KotOR 1.  Graphically impressive, munchkin styled classes, easy combat, with an interesting if not predictable story.

I agree. It was an excellent game but I would have liked it more if it were geared towards hard-core gamers instead of casual gamers.

That would have made it less succeessful though.

It would be more fun and I think the game companies are seriously underestimating the casual gamer.  I mean, the easiness of KotOR on Hard core difficulty  was so bad that a 5 year would have no problem with the game.

That is too true. My 12 year old cousin had no problems running through parts of the game and this was his first exposure to any RPG. He didn't even understand the combat. He just clicked with default attacks.

It would be more fun and I think the game companies are seriously underestimating the casual gamer.  I mean, the easiness of KotOR on Hard core difficulty  was so bad that a 5 year would have no problem with the game.

Unfortunately, I'd have to agree with that. What I think the person meant by hard core gamer vs. casual gamer is the sort of difference between Baldur's Gate and Final Fantasy. KOTOR simply appealed to alot of people. However, it was very very easy. I'll bet someone could actually beat the game without looking if they didn't get stuck on dialogue...

Me neither... But whaten harderof KOTOR do you think should have been harder? THey could make combat too hard (M&M VI, IWD 2, and BG are hellish for me and I don't know why), but it's definitely too easy now... If they do that annoying problem solving puzzle stuff then the game could go lame fast...

I found the combat in the Infinity Engine games to be quite fun and challenging. Tough battles against dragons and liches were actually a challenge while kobolds and orcs were downright simple. It all depended on what sort of strategy I used. In KotOR no strategy is needed and how they made the AI for the NPCs it seemed discouraged.

I found the combat in the Infinity Engine games to be quite fun and challenging.  Tough battles against dragons and liches were actually a challenge while kobolds and orcs were downright simple.  It all depended on what sort of strategy I used.  In KotOR no strategy is needed and how they made the AI for the NPCs it seemed discouraged.

Exactly, though the M&M strategy neccessity could get annoying. If I have to do another dozen hit and run attacks, I'll die. I remember the temple of baa where there were millions of undead. I had to run up, shoot, kill some, run dispose of the ones that followed me, repeat 30 times. It was insane and really boring/tedious/stressful/sometimes exciting/aggrivating. And you have to do that for virtually every chamber!

Might and Magic 6 was more annoying than fun, but then again most of the Might and Magic games were like that.

TG it isn't just me being inexplicably incompotent again :)

Seriously, in IWD 2, i had to redo fights over and over again...same for BG, though I never really got that game :huh: ... It was indecipherable for me...

I had a blast in both games.  I didn't find any particular fight that hard.  If I was having problems I simply changed my strategy.

To win I always had to be really cheap...like if I knew hard enemies were ahead, I would save and advance until I saw them. Then I would load, inch fowards, and cast a debilitating spell. Even that didn't guarentee success...