What are your expectations of TSL?

Do you expect TSL to be...  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you expect TSL to be...

• Better than KotOR
    • As good as KotOR
    • Worse than KotOR

You see, don't cast spells the effect the enemies.  They don't always work so you shouldn't rely on them.  What you need to do is use bugging spells on your party.  Buffing spells always work and are quite effective.

Do that also. E.g. the spider queen's lair in BG was hellish. I cast every spell I could to buff and still tried around a dozen times before succeeding. What I had to do was go in, instantly pause, and cast good offensive spells, get all the right rolls, ect...

Spider Queen was easy. You have COran, master bowman and very good. Give hima set of Arrows of Detonation. Lovely invention indeed. You cast Haste on him nd send him in. He shoots 4 to 6 arrows a round, blowing up things nicely, and in 3 rounds everything in that chamber is dead.

Spider Queen was easy.  You have COran, master bowman and very good.  Give hima set of Arrows of Detonation.  Lovely invention indeed.  You cast Haste on him nd send him in.  He shoots 4 to 6 arrows a round, blowing up things nicely, and in 3 rounds everything in that chamber is dead.

Haha...we had Coran? Who is Coran? I had my PC (fighter), I think Minsc, maybe Dynahair, Viconia, some elf fighter, and some other people. No one was particularly good...

I believe that kotor has won a place in the hearts of us nerds everywhere

But I don't think it is fare to say one is better than the other, just because

yes the graphics, powers, light sabers, ect pobably will be better but kotor 1 is still the first if they did it just right they'll fall like peices in a puzzle and let us get the full effect of the games.

I believe that kotor has won a place in the hearts of us nerds everywhere

But I don't think it is fare to say one is better than the other, just because

yes the graphics, powers, light sabers, ect pobably will be better but kotor 1 is still the first if they did it just right fall like peices in a puzzle and let us get the full effect of the games.

Better in standards of game quality=probably KOTOR 2

Better in standards of originality=KOTOR 1

KOTOR 1 pioneered the field of SW rpgs was a breakthrough in the new field of good SW games.

Haha...we had Coran?  Who is Coran?  I had my PC (fighter), I think Minsc, maybe Dynahair, Viconia, some elf fighter, and some other people.  No one was particularly good...

Coran was a fighter/rogue that you could pick up on your way through the Cloakwood. Premier archer in the game.

You see, I really had no clue what I was doing in that game...

Cloakwood?

You see, I really had no clue what I was doing in that game...

Cloakwood?

Its the area of the game where you go through to get to the mines. Its the same area where you fight the Spider Queen. :lol:

Ahhhh...

I vaguely remember the name now.

That was my first CRPG btw. It was rather frusturating... I'm thinking of giving it another try and hoping I have more of a clue what to do... I remember though near the beginning of the game I went somewhere and found myself tangling with these strange bugs (Ankh? Akh?...started something like that) that wiped me out easily unless I was lucky...

I found BG a little too open ended for my tastes... I mean you were alwasy supposed to be doing something really really vague with virtually no guidence or clue of where to go...

BTW GTG! :(

Ill take your word for it. Remember I as many like Hade_one, Jaguarserver, and many others Enderwiggen were hear form day one. Have you ever thought that the reason for a high post count is becasue ive been here longer? I dont want to argue, its pointless.

Cheers :rolleyes:

you contribute nothing to their little convo and you still post pointless crap. And you say i have a lack of credibility :devil:

*cough post whore cough cough*

:p

That's what I've always though. There was a guy named OSW here with probably over 3k posts but I always saw nonsense and smileys posted by him o:)

My hope is that KotOR 2 is better than the original which I consider no small feat. To me that's a lot to ask for since I think KotOR was the best SW game ever made.

My expectation though is that the game be as good as the original. This is also a hard task to accomplish but from what I've seen so far (Sion's appearance aside) I am quite confident that it will reach at least my expectation if not my hope.

Well seems like Obisdian is filling up the cracks from the last game, putting in stuff that was removed because lack of time and also adding their own original stuff that they thought up.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf