What was lame in KOTOR?

Well you know, some theorize that there are only a few stories that are told over and over again throughout all of literary history.  Funny thing is, they can't seem to agree on WHAT stories are repeated over and over again, exactly.

the two main ripoff point are

The Rakata > from NWNs ancient lizard race who also dominated the world in ancient times

Bastilas flirt with evil > Aaribeth all over again

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

3. the Manaan trial was a bit strange. I thought I put on an excellent defense of the guy, and he was still convicted. Even odder, I got XP for it! As it turns out, many game guides/walkthrus seem to indicate (spoiler alert???) he WAS guilty, so maybe I'm simply being rewarded for making the best of a worst situation? There was a darkside way to get him off scot free, by force persuading the hotel desk clerk to lie, but I chose not to use it. I saw no other way to win an innocent verdict, but then, apparently, I shouldn't have been able to ... ?

Just point out he is a cripple, that the lady was a DS Jedi and that the Empire could have killed her for the old man braking up the relationship.....Dont mention his military career any time during the questioning.

Oh yeah and bribe the witnesses to make fake statements :blink:

5. I'm not sure I dug the class/game system. I don't think SWd20 is that impoverished...? Too few skills. Too few non-combat feats for anyone other than jedi or droids. No options to play as a nonhuman, even though you had alien and droid NPCs. I understand the need for nerfing ranged weapons in these games, but blaster fire was ridiculously inaccurate and weak even for lvl20 Carth with his uber blaster. I also would have appreciated a multiclass possibility for other characters, giving them the option to become jedi or maybe even having juhani stop being jedi (fallen?) and become something else (scoundrel?) Also, as a multiclassed jedi, I really hated not having 8 more levels to get some more jedi feats and powers... although there is a KOTOR hack that lets you start as jedi, it really appears to muck with the plotline on Dantooine... that and while scout/jedi sentinel made sense, as did soldier/jedi guardian, scoundrel/consular did not (I guess its the SW equivalent of mage/thief).

I liked the 9 NPCs, but I would have also liked to see a human melee soldier (Zaalbar is your main melee guy, but can't wear armor, and you can make Canderous into one, but he seems better suited as your machine gunner), and a human scout (Zaalbar really should be a warrior), and another scoundrel besides the good-natured young twilek girl with a soft heart... and a 2nd romance choice besides Bastila and ... Juhani.... for male PCs. That, and your dark side choices are limited. Only Canderous, HK, and Dark Bastila won't ditch you if you go the darkside route.

Canderous make a mean ranged figher in the end when you get one of the better heavy basters for him that do 5d6 or so. And he still can hack and slash with the best if you give him some dual wielding or power attack feats. B)

Canderous was my main backup when I went in as DS with DS whimpy Bastilia. He raised hell like none with that nice added regeneration he had (and you could add some nice items and implants to make him immune to a lot of the Jedi attacks).

I can just imagine Atton holding off Sion

Atton "Oooooooooo. Heh there u sexy pile of death. Wanna see my pnis.

Sion "Take a look at mine."

*Activates lightsaber pnis*

Sion "U like?"

Atton "I like."

:huh:;):o:lol:

But in all seriousness, if someone does indeed sacrifice themself to save u from evil guy, I guess will be either Atris or Kreia.

(I dont think Atton is gay or nowt, I jus like parodies)

I hope Atris isnt one of those Jedi who does every little thing by the book

From the few pics we hav seen fo Atris, she looks like dat. Very serious looking.

500 on Atris.

Anyway, anything else lame in KOTOR, I would say, er, no. I can only say what I said before, space and underwater walks. Just plain irritating, and almost pointless.

Oh Yeah, On Leviathan, why not just cut through the locked door that leads to Karath with a lightsaber, like Qui-Go in Ep1.

"From the few pics we hav seen fo Atris, she looks like dat. Very serious looking.

500 on Atris."

Well from the pics i have seen Atris is always fighting someone...so a serious look isnt surprising...But when you talk to her i hope she isnt like...OH the Jedi Council would suggest this and that...The Jedi Council would approve of this...The Jedi Council wouldnt do things that way..Crap like that

Well from the pics i have seen Atris is always fighting someone...so a serious look isnt surprising...But when you talk to her i hope she isnt like...OH the Jedi Council would suggest this and that...The Jedi Council would approve of this...The Jedi Council wouldnt do things that way..Crap like that

So do I, a much wiser jedi than Bastila in KOTOR, she will be, so defy the council, she might.

Wiser jedi tend to do things their own way sometimes, when they feel the council r wrong (Qui-Gon-Jinn as a example) so Atris may be just like that. I hope she will be.

Ok, this is going a wee bit off topic, so I'll move it back ontopic with my post.

Lame? Well, I don't hink anything was "lame", but a few things could have been better. T3 and your wookie companion was rather boring NPCs. This didn't bother me much since I had trouble choosing between all the cool NPCs anyway. The Pazaak and Swoopracing thing was not for me either. Other then that, great game! ;)

T3 did nothing? He was more important than the wookie and Mission and HK... I only ever used two jedi's in my party... and then I'd just bring T3 along. He unlocks and overrides like everything in the game specially at higher levels. He becomes a very useful characters i find if you are a soldier or something with low comp/security skills.

1. The lack of a female Revan + Bastila lesbian romance.

2. The fact there was no real orange lightsaber aside from "Heart of the Guardian."

3. Darth Malak & Darth Bandon. ;)

4. The fact that you could never kill Carth without being a Darkside Female, or the fact you never got to gut that ******* Ithorian on Kashyyyk. Or any other Ithorians for that matter *cough* Yuka Laka *cough*.

5. Master Vandar's stupidity.

Well since I just learned this, the package you got on Korriban being a trapped Rakata

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The lamest (or at least a VERY lame) thing that comes to mind was that sith party on Taris. Talk about a ridiculously cheesy anti-climax, dude.

Oh, and that the worlds in general felt very... artificial. Constrained, somehow. Though that hasn't stopped me from completing the game like ten times already. <_<

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin