palpatine/sidious

The actual Empire itself lasted just about two decades. The Skywalker twins are set to be born in Ep3 and they were about 19 when Ep4 happened meaning the Empre itself is just shy of 20 years old.

From what I've read of Ep3 Palpatine will fight and good possibility of being with a saber, I've read rumors against Yoda.

Though Marka Ragnos was successful at holding the Sith Empire for about a century, the Empire itself prospered next to nothing because Ragnos maintained the Sith secluded from the rest of the galaxy from fearing the Republic. Palpatine was way more successful than him in the overall picture. Imo, Palpatine was the most successful Sith Lord of all time.

The defeat in Endor is a little hard to swallow from a realist point of view. Some may argue that the message there was that no matter if you are little, your contribution can defeat even the mightiest bad guy. But from a more realistic standpoint, it doesn't float at least to me. However had Endor been Kashyyyk and the Ewoks a Wookie slave revolt as originally was intended to be the story of RotJ I think the victory of the Rebellion would have been more realistic. Course I don't know if the 2nd Death Star was part of the original story either because Luke and Vader were set to duel before the Emperor's palace in Coruscant (Then named Had Abbadon) so if there was no DS 2, the Rebels might have also won more believably, then again the Wookie slaves Han and Chewie help liberate might have been working to build the DS 2 all along.

It's my theory that Palpatine didn't use a saber in RotJ because he had Vader there to protect him anyway. Palpatine keeps goatiung Luke to strike him down since he's unarmed and when Luke finally gives in Vader intercepts Luke's blade before it can cut Palpatine down. After Luke defeats Vader, he throws away his saber so Palpatine just went to the Lightining to kill off Luke once and for all.

shouldof held onto the saber

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Your apprentice for 20yr's and u dont half heartedly trust him?

You just encouraged his son to kill him and take his place by your side, and you do half-heartedly trust him?

After being sold out like that, I'd have hurled the Emperor down that convenient shaft regardless of Luke's girly-man shrieking and begging.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

You just encouraged his son to kill him and take his place by your side, and you do half-heartedly trust him?

After being sold out like that, I'd have hurled the Emperor down that convenient shaft regardless of Luke's girly-man shrieking and begging.

Haha, so true.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That's like the Sith code is! Nothing to worry about, Vader had his chance.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

never trust a sith I always say.

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

I think the Emperor is the only really maniacle or truly evil sith I've seen. Vader's great and all, but he's basically a lieutennant. This gets to what's so weird about KotOR for me..... Why or how does a melee-fighter end up at the head of an empire? I mean Malak is about beating people up in person, and it just doesn't seem right for someone like him to be mixed up in the whole galactic domination thing.... As for Vader being slow, a) the movies are old, B) he never had to be fast except in the one moment he was suprised... Finally, a question: jedi should be able to fly, right? They levitate things..... Why the hell does Palpatine just fall down a shaft???? Now THAT is lame imho

I think the Emperor is the only really maniacle or truly evil sith I've seen.  Vader's great and all, but he's basically a lieutennant.  This gets to what's so weird about KotOR for me.....  Why or how does a melee-fighter end up at the head of an empire?  I mean Malak is about beating people up in person, and it just doesn't seem right for someone like him to be mixed up in the whole galactic domination thing....  As for Vader being slow, a) the movies are old, B) he never had to be fast except in the one moment he was suprised...  Finally, a question: jedi should be able to fly, right?  They levitate things.....  Why the hell does Palpatine just fall down a shaft????  Now THAT is lame imho

I don't know whether this is an explanation, but I think the emperor had been taken by surprise at this moment. In addition he might have never trained this ability of "flying". And second he has already gone for broke by his force lightning.

It's also thinkable that the force might have abandoned him, same as 20 years ago the Jedi couldn't use the force as they were used to in the past.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Speaking of Ep3, i found this.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ok...... All hope for Ep III just died. Just looking at him on that poster I can see it's just going to be teen angst. I mean he looks like the type to bring a weapon to school or something in that photo. Bad Lucas. Bad...........

For a fake it looks good.

He looks like an evil fireman. :D

You seam to be thinking that Hayden Christenson could actually look scarier than a five year old whining for candy!

It's not Christenson that's scary, its the Robot outfit he gets later, geeze people, giving the complaning whelp to much credit

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?