Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

One thing that would add a lot of atmosphere to the KOTOR games would be the ability to ride around in your own little speeder, it kinda stinks that you can't have one.

I would make for great atmosphere, yes. But in terms of the locations we've seen in the first game, and the bits of the second, I think the levels would be too small for it to work. You could ride for ten seconds, and then you'd have to have code for the speeder and the NPC's/creatures/buildings' reaction with the speeder. I mean: remember the ronto and the swoop jocky in Ep IV. They would have to code behaviour like that into the game engine, which would undoubtedly take alot of time, and probably more than they'd be willing to spend for a "gimmick".

It's obvious speeders wouldn't be needed in these games. What I woul have like to see were speeder cutscenes. For example: On Taris Canderous tell you he has a speeder to take you to Davik's base, I would have liked to see this in a cutscene. Also when you are on Manaan you break into the Sith's hangar and take a shuttle ride to their base, I would have liked to see this as a cutscene as well.

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't mind if they made baren streaches of nothing just to travel through with your speeder with. I think it would be fun, and every now and then, a group of bounty hunters will start chassing you, it would be great!

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

I think the engine has the capability but real time speeder movement would probaly go along the lines of an FPS rather then a CRPG, oh how I despise the fact that KOTOR is an RPG, dang turn based combat stupidity... a speeder cutscene would be nice though

It'd be nice to see something like that, but RPGers seem to despise FPS, describing it as "twitch" gaming because it requires decent aim and combat skills to play. I'd be all for it none the less. The RPG crowd on the other hand moaned on and on about THE FREAKIN TURRET GAME, so I don't think LA is going to risk sales by making an RPG/FPS but who knows?

If they turned over the KOTOR series to an FPS/RPG series they would be taking a risk, a gamble if u will, get FPS players and some RPGers or get few FPS players and loose the original RPGer following

No offense is intended all the above are my own opinions.

as a rule i prefer a good old fps, much more exciting, but i love a star wars game more and i was horribly dissapointed with the kyle katarn stuff, it had lots of potential but just didnt realise it, however kotor is fablious, which is why i chose rpg in this instance. oh nd mixing rpg nd fps just isnt doable i dont think, how could u incorporate the two?!?!

FPS direct combat, no turns, no ques, just realtime combat action.

RPG leveling system, attributes, powers and XP

FPS movemeant

It would likely mean alot more work for the level designers if it was an FPS/RPG

I enjoyed JK2's story, preffered JKA gameplay (gotta have a dual bladed lightsaber) and other small bits of JKA. Never played anything before JK2 in terms of the Katarn Stories. I mainly liked JK2 because the villan wasn't human and wasn't quite run of the mill use a super gun to win guy, he still had a super weapon but it wasn't the generic super gun it was a massive carrier for an invasion force.

It'd be nice to see something like that, but RPGers seem to despise FPS, describing it as "twitch" gaming because it requires decent aim and combat skills to play. I'd be all for it none the less. The RPG crowd on the other hand moaned on and on about THE FREAKIN TURRET GAME, so I don't think LA is going to risk sales by making an RPG/FPS but who knows?

If they turned over the KOTOR series to an FPS/RPG series they would be taking a risk, a gamble if u will, get FPS players and some RPGers or get few FPS players and loose the original RPGer following

No offense is intended all the above are my own opinions.

Well I always liked the Turret Game(but I also like FPS's), but I don't agree that KOTOR would have been better as a FPS like you seam to want it. The Jedi Knight games are already FPS's, and KOTOR was made as the FIRST Star Wars RPG ever made, we RPGers had been waiting for this for a long time, so I think it was about time the FPS only guys got the stiff while we got what we wanted (I'm not angry or anything so don't think im picking a fight).

No offence taken.

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

FPS movemeant

Morrowind. :D

Yeah beat me to the correction damn!

Don't get me wrong, I loved Morrowind, but I really hated the fighting, I mean really really hated the fighting, what I mean to say its that I really really hated the fighting

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Morrowind, but I really hated the fighting, I mean really really hated the fighting, what I mean to say its that I really really hated the fighting

I hated the endless streaches of nothing without getting so much as a horse. What was the point in finding a secret cave with nothing in it but a couple of bonemolds?

FPS movemeant

It would likely mean alot more work for the level designers if it was an FPS/RPG

I enjoyed JK2's story, preffered JKA gameplay (gotta have a dual bladed lightsaber) and other small bits of JKA. Never played anything before JK2 in terms of the Katarn Stories. I mainly liked JK2 because the villan wasn't human and wasn't quite run of the mill use a super gun to win guy, he still had a super weapon but it wasn't the generic super gun it was a massive carrier for an invasion force.

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines will have something like this incorporated, I'm still a little unsure how it will turn out in the end but it's an RPG played in First person and the magic and weapon attacks are presented FPS style. I guess the jury will be out on that until the game is released. I'm hopeful the game will be good, in spite of being a little unconventional. I've heard Deus Ex is sort of like this but I've never played that game either.

As for KotOR I'm happy with the way the game works, even the combat is quite satisfying to see for me. I don't really care that I don't control every swing, besides I could do that in JK series and saber battles there aren't all that great anyway. The KotOR style fighting is more automatic but I like its cinematic appearance. I like the way KotOR looks when played, especially over the conventional RPG overhead look of games like Baldur's Gate, Diablo and such. I love those games but I've never really liked that look personally.

Thanks for the correction.

Oh and I never replied on topic did I: Yeah to whatever was said. :p

I would've liked to see speeders, buses, hovertanks, bullet trains, sail boats, pogo sticks and other means of transportation in KotOR. I mean not everything you are searching for has to be right next to each other in every planet, it's completely unrealistic.

Chartering inplanet transportation would've been a cool addition for things like travelling the Dune Sea in the first game. I know KotOR 2 has a little like the shuttle that travels from Citadel to Telos, but I do wish it had been much more expanded upon.

Did you guys have to mention Half Life! Now I'm salavating!

I just don't buy the 'engine wont run it' a graphics engine will do anything its programed to do if you work with it long enough, It may be alot of work, but I think that in the end it could be worth it.