Weekend Programmer

I don't find this entirely surprising, becuase Juhani could have wound up dead by the end of KOTOR.  I've been thinking that it wouldn't make much sense if any character who could be dead by the end of KOTOR would be able to join the party in TSL, but might make cameos.  So, I'm thinking Canderous, HK & T3 (T3's already confirmed), would be the only characters who might be available to join the party.

I know you can't confirm or deny any of my above thoughts, Akari, but am I on the right track here?

On the right track... I might point out that the NPCs that may appear in the game may be affected by how you answer the questions near the beginning that explain how the first game's story went for you...

-Akari

On the question of saber colors, since there's confusion there...

The original had 5 basic ones + 2 special ones (The orange and turquoise).

Right now in KotOR2 there's at least 10 basic ones and an X number of special ones.

Heh,you've just made my day. Thanks. ;)

same here B)

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Did you manage to get the code for the focusing of force powers to work?

I'm not sure what this is referring to.

It was something I posted in questions to the devs

-------------------------------------------------------

Will I be able to concentrate my force powers on a specific person?

For instance force storm could shock multiple opponents for a quite reasonable amount of damage, could I focus this attack on one person thus causing more damage to that one person while leaving the others unharmed.

For which the answer was

Something like that is being looked into... we'll see if the code cooperates.

Ah... hm. If there's anything going on with that, I haven't heard about it. It's a logistics problem with controls... I mean, how would you quickly and conveniently work that into the interface? Any ideas?

-Akari

I don't find this entirely surprising, becuase Juhani could have wound up dead by the end of KOTOR.  I've been thinking that it wouldn't make much sense if any character who could be dead by the end of KOTOR would be able to join the party in TSL, but might make cameos.  So, I'm thinking Canderous, HK & T3 (T3's already confirmed), would be the only characters who might be available to join the party.

I know you can't confirm or deny any of my above thoughts, Akari, but am I on the right track here?

On the right track... I might point out that the NPCs that may appear in the game may be affected by how you answer the questions near the beginning that explain how the first game's story went for you...

-Akari

So there's a chance that Canderous will join the party again? (he's ALWAYS alive at the end of KOTOR)

Something that got mixed reviews (at least in the FO community) was the way party members would stop and talk with each other at certain "hot spots". I enjoyed it for the most part, will we be seeing a greater number  of those? The amount of spoken dialogue would be staggering if thats the case, with so many NPCs.

That's still in, I think. I dunno about you, but I like that kind've stuff...

I play RPGs for the characters and story, personally. Anything that adds more to the characters is cool in my book. Not that my opinion has anything to do with this feature being in or not. ;)

-Akari

If you play through the game once can you "unlock" color options the next time around?

I doubt you'll have access to every color as soon as you get your saber. But if you play through it once and collect this color or that will there be a save option after you've beat the game that will allow you access to any/all you've found?

Okay, that's all the question answering for today! Hope I gave everyone some new things to think about without ruining anything either. The game is coming together nicely and I'm looking forward to everyone getting a chance to play it. ;)

-Akari

Did you manage to get the code for the focusing of force powers to work?

I'm not sure what this is referring to.

It was something I posted in questions to the devs

-------------------------------------------------------

Will I be able to concentrate my force powers on a specific person?

For instance force storm could shock multiple opponents for a quite reasonable amount of damage, could I focus this attack on one person thus causing more damage to that one person while leaving the others unharmed.

For which the answer was

Something like that is being looked into... we'll see if the code cooperates.

Ah... hm. If there's anything going on with that, I haven't heard about it. It's a logistics problem with controls... I mean, how would you quickly and conveniently work that into the interface? Any ideas?

-Akari

We were trying to do something like this with other powers and similar focusing, but the code got real ugly real fast.

SiO2

How many bottles of water does Morgan really have?

I shall go investigate...

*walks over to Morgan's office*

I see only one water bottle in near proximity to his desk. So if he claims to have a substantial number, then he's either making that up or he's got the stash well hidden.

-Akari

*looks around* I sense that someone has been at my desk... who would dare?! :angry:

SiO2