EU continuity

What do you think about EU continuity  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about EU continuity

• 1. The EU is strong enough to hold onto and obeyed
    • 2. The EU has too many mistakes and is just a suggestion.

i do agree with the whole everything should be as accurate as possible argument but there are limitations to how accurate things can be, especially in transeferring from cartoon to video games, personally i thought that kotor was a great game even though the votdl wasnt perfect.

I have the same opinion - and now I'm more concerned with the look of Onderon in TSL - will it be accurate or not?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

No I refer to the look of Iziz streets.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Mandalorian invasion lasted for couple of hours and city itself wasn't damaged...

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

The pure planning phase of a game is about amonth or two and I dont know if you can expecy the devs to go through the entire EU jungle in that time aswellas comming up with a good story. And if you're new to it you wont know which are "key works" and which can be overlooked.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Do you call those 7 comics and 2-3 books "a jungle"?

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

No, Im saying they wouldnt be able to find which books in the hundreds of books, comics etc. to read if they arent complete SW nerds.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

There are various online guides pal. Your arguments are ridiculous. They were lazy and accept it. Besides LA provided them with TOTJ when they got the game for development. All they had to do was careful study of those comics and stick to

setting's reality. But they didn't do even that.

I hope that KOTOR 3 will be made by Lucasarts at last. They've already proved that they know TOTJ very well and are able to show it in a nice way (Clone Wars, JA)

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

To my knowledge most are from post KOTOR era or Post ROTJ era, not an extreme amount is in the time period before or during the KOTOR era. The story wasn't all too great either, I thought so at first but it's greatness wears away very quick. They were just lazy

There are various online guides pal. Your arguments are ridiculous. They were lazy and accept it. Besides LA provided them with TOTJ when they got the game for development.

And they are Sooo reliable, just look at SuperShadow ;)

Sorry about that...

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

To my knowledge most are from post KOTOR era or Post ROTJ era, not an extreme amount is in the time period before or during the KOTOR era. The story wasn't all too great either, I thought so at first but it's greatness wears away very quick. They were just lazy

Not really much. Two five issues minis set around 1000 years before (Golden Age of the Sith & Fall of the Sith EMpire), and 5 more (Tales of the Jedi, The Freedon Nadd Uprising, Dark Lords of the Sith, The Sith War & Redemption) set in a period ending around 40 years before KOTOR IIRC.

The closest story post Kotor is Jedi vs Sith, and that is 1000 years before A new Hope.

EU Defenders: we are outnumbered!

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

EU Defenders: we are outnumbered!

:D

On a more serious note...

Don't you think that part of the blame lies with LA?

KOTOR Script & Consept art had to get LA approval, right ?

I mean shouldn't they give Devs info about locations they're going to use in the game.

Just a thought.

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Mybe the Devs looked at THe Valley and thought what alot of people would have, "This look ridiculious."

Its not bad enough that they had to make the origins of the sith have to be a lame ass goat horned race, that constantly uses the word magic to describe there force abilities. Then they had to get an editor at Lucas arts to approve this 3rd rate children's story as EU so that he will have a built in army of blind followers to quote this work like its Tolkien's Silmarillion, or Herbert's Dune.

The EU is a joke if you're reading it as anything more then one person's idea of a story that might happen in the star wars universe.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

quite, bioware wasnt give free reign with the script etc, la had to clear everything, so if they cleared 'inaccurate' material they obviously did it consciously. if that is the case then we can come to the conclusion that la didnt think the inaccuracys were damning and to be honest, who knows better la or individual gamers

I've read the EU. All EU isn't created equal. Most of it is tripe. KotOR (BIO's version) ain't. Move along.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

LA most likely didn't give a dang, and lets not forget they've passed worse plots, IE Jedi Accademy's plot, if something will sell they'll put their mark on it

Also Laozi, if I recall correctly, TOTJ was under Lucas' special supervision. A valley filled with giant sculptured temples, greek and egyption styled buildings, and evil beasts created by darkside magic/alchemy (which was referred to as such as they didn't understand the force, what would u call something when somebody starts lifting objects with ur mind and u have the intelligence equivilent of somebody in the egyption era), sounds a heck of alot better then a small little area with very simplistic wall like buildings on either side with copied entrances. Star Wars was designed to be a not so gory exciting family watchable sci-fi film. Not the PG rating and the lack of anything thats excessively gory up till luke gets his hand cut off. Rather then see obi-wan slashed in half he disapears and becomes one with the force. In episode 1 maul is slashed in half and yet is somehow cauterized enough not to bleed everwhere and his guts not to fall out. The storyline is somewhat simplistic. Not that Star Wars isn't great, but it's not like it wasn't designed with children veiwers in mind.

Chemix, you're not really getting the point.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Chemix, you're not really getting the point

No, it is you who aren't getting the point.

Laozi isn't interested in discussion, he's just bashing everyone for his own amusement.

Don't bother yourselves with his figure.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

no he is stating his opinion, just because you do not share it does not mean you have the right to say he is 'bashing people for his own amusement'. out of the people that post on here you are the least receptive to opinions that you do not agree with (bar perhaps hades who seems to exist purely to disagree with people and slander kotor), so perhaps instead of making unprovable claims you should argue your point in a slightly more refined way, it wouldnt do ou any harm thats for sure