Do you want Star Wars RPG games to keep on coming?

Would you like KOTOR series or KOTNR series to exist?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like KOTOR series or KOTNR series to exist?

• Yes, but only as far as KOTOR is concerned!
    • Yes, but it is time to move on to KOTNR!
    • Yes, both of them could contiue to exist!
    • No, I've had enough of them, time for new projects.

I think a rpg about a non jedi in this particular format would suck ass.

I think the one key aspect that would be the most difficult about making a non-Jedi based RPG is the whole "magical" aspect of it. Most RPGs seem to have magic (or in the case of SW, the Force) abilities for the players to select from. So for a lot of people who are familiar with these, it might take an adjustment to deal with the fact there isn't an option for "magic". Fallout's system would probably work best for a non-Jedi game, where magic doesn't play a part in the combat system.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I agree just not this system. It would have to focus on a variaty of action that just aren't in the Kotor format

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

No GoA young completely wrogn stop being stupid!

A non-Jedi Rpg woudl not capture the heart of fans and players becasue why would you want to wield a mere blaster and have no special techniques while your opponents are swinging green and red lightsabers at you and choking you to death.

And if there were no Jedi or Sith in the game period it would still be bad becasue well.. it just wouldnt be star wars. Not to say that the game Couldn't work, but the gameplay, grpahics and story line would have to be flawless, and if they are gonna be flawless, why not put jedi in to make it even better!?

It woudl be possible to make a very good game aobut a non jedi or sith.. but there would have to be no other Jedi or Sith in the game in which case it would be more like a regular RPG that just happens to take place in the Star wars galaxy.

It woudl be as if Marvel or D.C. comics created a "super hero" without super powers that just watched tv all day and got into friendly disagreements with his boss. But one day, he makes a citizen's arrest on an 11 year old kid that was shop lifting a donut. Rather read about that than an alien from Krypton that can melt steel with his eyebals or a group of mutants with super human powers.

ACtually it think your right a comic about a guy who is 45 years old , that lives in his mom's basement and belongs to the neighborhood watch is MUCH more interesting. <_<

*waits to get peed on by GoA"

does anyone know when the last full scale war would fall timeline wise perhaps a game could involve that war. that naboo senator in episode 2 said some date but i cant remember off the top of my head just for a change in variety of objectives to fight eg locales and stuff and your choice good or bad will be much earlier on. just thoughts.

Id like to see more starwars games both old and new republic. B)

No GoA young completely wrogn stop being stupid!

A non-Jedi Rpg woudl not capture the heart of fans and players becasue why would you want to wield a mere blaster and have no special techniques while your opponents are swinging green and red lightsabers at you and choking you to death.

And if there were no Jedi or Sith in teh game PEriod it woudl still be bad becasue well.. it jsut wouldnt be star wars. Not to say that the game Couldn't work, but the gameplay, grpahics and story line woudl have to be flawless, and if they are gonan be flawless, why nto put judi in to make it even better!?

It woudl be possible to make a very good game aobut a non jedi or sith.. but there woudl have to be no other Jedi or sith in the game in whihc case it woudl be more liek a regualr RPg that jsut ahppens to take place in the Star wars galaxy.

It woudl be as if Marvel or D.C. comics created a "super hero" without super powers that just watched tv all day and got into friendly disagreements with his boss. But one day, he makes a citizen's arrest on an 11 year old kid that was shop lifting a donut. Rather read about that than an alien from Krypton that can melt steel with his eyebals or a group of mutants with super human powers.

ACtually it think your right a comic about a guy who is 45 years old , that lives in his mom's basement and belongs to the neighborhood watch is MUCH more interesting. <_<

Uh? I think you miss the entire point of a non-Jedi RPG. You wouldn't be up against guys with lightsabers. You'd be up against non-Jedi enemies. There's a lot more fighting going on in the SW universe than just between Force users. All the military campaigns and such occur without Force abilities. Heck, most of the Rebellion versus the Empire was non-Force users versus non-Force users.

I think the game would be a success with those people who enjoy a good RPG set in a Star Wars setting. The only people it won't appeal to are these kids that can't play any game where they're not some unstoppable god with superpowers.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"It woudl be possible to make a very good game aobut a non jedi or sith.. but there would have to be no other Jedi or Sith in the game in which case it would be more like a regular RPG that just happens to take place in the Star wars galaxy."

Yeah thats wat i said you little punk!

"The only people it won't appeal to are these kids that can't play any game where they're not some unstoppable god with superpowers."

IS taht what your sayign KOTOR is simply because it has Jedi and Sith in it with force powers? If so why are you playing biznatch"

I believe that both could co-exist and please fans. I want to see more Old Republic games as a full on series. It's unique, fun, and kills so much time lol. Plus, it actually made me a fan of characters BESIDES those of the films. That's a big deal to me.

I'd also like to see a New Republic Star Wars RPG. But I'd like to see it occur close to after Return of the Jedi. Instead of Luke being my master and training me in the ways of the Force, I'd like to be Luke himself again. I want Han Solo, Chewie, Princess Leia, Lando, R2-D2, C-3P0, and maybe some new characters to be in my party. I don't know very much about the extended universe stories, so I'm not really sure how the game would conflict with those, but I'd really like to play as Luke again and in an RPG done by either Bioware or Obsidian.

I have no clue what you said because of the spelling and grammar butchering.

I'm not sure why you couldn't understand what I stated. I will summarize for you for sake of ease.

-I believe a non-Jedi RPG would be an interesting idea and I would play it.

-However, a problem I see in terms of selling to some RPG fans is the lack of "magic" involved

I don't know how you couldn't grasp those two ideas.

What I was thinking of is an option to play as a non-Jedi character, and be more like Jango Fett or something, not just some normal guy who doesn't do anything. As for the comic book hero with no powers, it's been done (think Batman). Anyway, I know a lot of people who have said they would like a game without Jedi as the main premise, and I found the X-Wing books to be very entertaining, and they aren't based on Jedi. The choice to play Jedi or not (in the same game) would give people an added difficulty option, as well as the chance to try Star Wars from a different perspective. Maybe for the Jedi option it's your mission to defeat a sith Lord, but as a non-Jedi (bounty hunter, soldier, scoundrel, whatever) you find a Jedi, with a mortal injury, and get caught up in the whole mess after he/she dies. You then have to deal with this Sith lord, while he hunts you down for some piece of information he thinks the Jedi gave you. Your non-Jedi class affects your story and motivations. I realize that such a game would be a lot of work to make, but if they make it I will play it, and it sounds like others here would play it too.

Depending on how Episode III ends, I think a RPG set in the era between EIII and EIV might be neat.

I think KOTNR should take place well after ROTJ. This is the only way that it could avoid being shackled to previous SW stories (and limmited by them). What significance could that story possibly have? I mean we know that Palpatine and Vader overthrow the Republic in Ep. 3 and we know that Luke and the rebels take them out in Ep. 6. Other than that, it was believed at the time of the OT that Yoda and Obi-wan were the last Jedi alive. So what story about a previously unknown jedi from this era could possibly matter. Whatever he did obviously wasn't important because the Empire is still in power and no one even knows that he exists! Thats part of why I always hated the Jedi Knight games' story because it always felt like you were just the little worker jedi running erands while Luke, the established hero of this era, handles the important stuff.

That was the great thing about KOTOR. Because it took place in a different era, the developers had the freedom to make the story as grand as they wanted and your character didn't have to play second fiddle to one of Lucas's.

As for the non jedi thing; those characters make better party members, not main characters.

Since the era after the OT is only in books and books are only for entertainment scopes. I think KOTNR could easily take place right or few years after ROTJ. Even if it follows a completely different course than that of the books and other games that have already been published.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Since the era after the OT is only in books and books are only for entertainment scopes. I think KOTNR could easily take place right or few years after ROTJ.  Even if it follows a completely different course than that of the books and other games that have already been published.

Oh no, imagine the stick from Nur Ab Sal if it wasn't consistent with the EU books ;)

A "Knights of the New Republic" could work, but the further away from existing material it was, the better, if you ask me (far too many niggling annoying things and irritating characters with bad hair to contend with in the RotJ timeframe...) Of course, if you believe *SPOILER WARNING (giggle)* this thing (supershadow.com, comedy of the highest order), after the time of Episode 9 there won't be any more Star Wars storylines that can be written! :o

I seems rather weird if that would happen ;) (the spoiler you talkerd about) I think it definitely needs to change! It would cut short everything. :ph34r:

Imagine our lifes with no more SW after that!!!!!!

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom