KOTOR 3 and EU

I'm sure there will be a couple of books wriiten about KOTOR time period, you can alway count on the swine fighting to get up to the trough

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm sure there will be a couple of books wriiten about KOTOR time period, you can alway count on the swine fighting to get up to the trough

The deal's already been signed:

Two hardcover books will be written about the Old Republic during the TOTJ-KOTOR era.

One will be by Drew Karpyshyn, who was the head writer for KOTOR, and other is by Elizabeth Hand.

Karpyshyn's will appear in the middle of 2006, Hand's in late 2007.

Which would fit well in with the timeline for K3, should it come.

EDIT: Fixed release dates...added comment about K3.

ahhhh!!!!!

well thats that

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

What if in Kotor 3 Revan was your master and your new character was teh apprentice, either that or it shoudl take a couple hundred years past the first two and have a classic scrollign intro explaining what happened since the first two games.

In other words it should and MUST be connected to teh first 2 for it to be an ongoing saga that will keep pulling players back.

Ya and then some third rate writter wrote a book about it and then some idiot bought it and started declaring it as "eu" man that'd be consistant

The deal's already been signed:

Two hardcover books will be written about the Old Republic during the TOTJ-KOTOR era.

One will be by Drew Karpyshyn, who was the head writer for KOTOR, and other is by Elizabeth Hand.

Karpyshyn's will appear in the middle of 2006, Hand's in late 2007.

Which would fit well in with the timeline for K3, should it come.

EDIT: Fixed release dates...added comment about K3.

The problem with writing books about KOTOR is that there are too many different possibilities of things happening that a novel might not fit with what some people played their game through as. For instance, some people are in love with Bastila. What if the author decides to go with the "Revan killed Bastila on the SF" scene? Then there'd be outcry.

I don't mind books set in that era, but not specifically about the events or characters of the KOTOR series video game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

but as long as there is profit to be made and a Nar sal ab to buy it and quote it then there will be one or two or three or 12

Drew Karpyshyn (the head writer for KOTOR and one of the hardcover authors) actually wanted to write the novelization of KOTOR (he did the novelization for Throne of Bhaal) but LA wasn't willing to let him do that because of all the different endings.

However, they did give him an okay to include suitably vague references to the events in KOTOR in his novel. I don't know whether or not Hand will do so as well, but expect at least a cursory mention of at least one of the characters in KOTOR in Karpyshyn's novel.

And of course, I imagine that LucasBooks will use that to try and pimp the book to everyone who has played the game.

Drew Karpyshyn (the head writer for KOTOR and one of the hardcover authors) actually wanted to write the novelization of KOTOR (he did the novelization for Throne of Bhaal) but LA wasn't willing to let him do that because of all the different endings.

However, they did give him an okay to include suitably vague references to the events in KOTOR in his novel. I don't know whether or not Hand will do so as well, but expect at least a cursory mention of at least one of the characters in KOTOR in Karpyshyn's novel.

And of course, I imagine that LucasBooks will use that to try and pimp the book to everyone who has played the game.

I don't mind them mentioning the characters. I just don't really want to read stories about those characters.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

How do you know all this (just curious)?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Thanks! B)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

1st hog at the trough

1st hog at the trough

I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. I've enjoyed the Old Republic era so much since the TOTJ comic series, so I reckon I'll probably read both of the books when they come out. Of course, that means getting them from the libary rather than paying $19.99 per book.

I would say that you are definitely smarter than another person who post here about the EU all the time

No that just means that I have the money that I can spend instead of waiting for

used books.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

twist any the way that makes you feel best

• 1 month later...
well, that is about they same thing as starting off netural wich you do.

no it isn't. starting of neutral and as a sith is not the same... you talk about what one could do later on; what are the alternatives? if you play as a jedi, there aren't that many options. either join the sith or destroy the sith.

i would just like to start of as a sith; could see things from a different point of view...