rule three of the way off topic rules

Karzak

3. Spamming topics (e.g. "word association, what rhymes with x, etc.") will be deleted and their topic starters will be given a warning. Three warnings constitute a ban.

To me this rule seems open to major abuse. Three topics that any mod considers spam and you are banned? Don't you think a better definition of what each of the various mods consider spam needs further clarification bfore this becomes an issue?

Hopefully this post won't be defined as spam

;)

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

I believe this falls under the umbrella of Suggestions. As for the need for clarification, I think that admin will have to make that determination, if they feel this is a valid concern. FWIIW, all warnings are in fact reviewed by admin/Seraphim, in the hopes that there is a fail safe for the community. The system that is in place utilises an automatic forward to admin.

Note: This has been moved with the intent that it will in fact get proper attention w/o the inherent derailing that can occur in WoT.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

To me this rule seems open to major abuse. Three topics that any mod considers spam and you are banned?

Like the...moderator said, it'd be overseen by an Admin.

Besides, if you're dumb enough to start three topics that are explicitly spam, after repeated warnings no less, you deserve to be banned.

i'm very concerend about this too

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

and i would probably be even more so if i knew what "concerend" meant

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

whats with all the complaining? just live with the rules!!!!!!!!!!

Is this spam?

Technically, since roshan seems to repeat every statement he makes 3 times over in different threads, he's a worse spammer than your are ;)

Anyway, Karzak, how about you live with the rule for now? I haven't seen any abuse of it...

inXile line producer

Anyway, Karzak, how about you live with the rule for now? I haven't seen any abuse of it...

I can live with it, until it is applied out of the blue. I know realistically there is no way to define what is and isn't spam without someone being able to read the definition or policy and get away with something through a loophole. I just want some kind of indication how this board is going to be moderated.

The carbon copy rules are not much help. And since I am one of those posters who likes to work close to the limits I would like to know where the limits are before something is announced and the board gets active.

And if you think about it the Admin and Mods should want to have some idea of where those limits are as well.

Believe me, if Obs announces a game the abuse is coming.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Is this spam?

Technically, since roshan seems to repeat every statement he makes 3 times over in different threads, he's a worse spammer than your are ;)

ERROR!

this is the first time i have posted about living with the rules.

Is this spam?

Technically, since roshan seems to repeat every statement he makes 3 times over in different threads, he's a worse spammer than your are :)

ERROR!

SECOND ERROR!

Yet you've posted a number of times about people forgetting about Fallout 3.

inXile line producer

Is this spam?

Technically, since roshan seems to repeat every statement he makes 3 times over in different threads, he's a worse spammer than your are :)

ERROR!

SECOND ERROR!

Yet you've posted a number of times about people forgetting about Fallout 3.

ERROR!

fallout 3 and the rules of this forum are completely diff topics.

Flagrant derailment ... hehe I like that ... well thanks for the input y'all. I guess we will put this one to bed until the next "how and why the rules are the way they are ..." thread :D

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: