Bored of KOTOR 1? Will it be the same?

Did you get bored playing through kotor 1 again and again?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get bored playing through kotor 1 again and again?

• yes
    • no
    • no way it was very intereting no matter how many times played.
    • yes it got way too repetitive
    • Didn't play through more than once
    • Played through once light side once dark side and wasn't boreing
    • Played through once light side once dark side WAS boreing

i think the most boring bit when replaying was Taris, described on another thread as a 'time burgalar'. It is dull rushing through it when you don't have jedi powers, but otherwise I can play it over and over again. B)

TSL should eliminate this problem as you are a Jedi at the very start.

I agree, Taris is the most boring part when you replay. After Taris the replayity gets much better.

Having to spend time with Carth!!!!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

It was truly odd, I must admit.

Thats sort've why I liked it. It was odd. It messed with my head. Plus, I loved the opening music.

Actually, I remember its creator saying in an interview, that there wasn't really an overeaching plot. There was nothing to piece together. It was done to show how those connected to Internet were gradually becoming disconnected from their families and those around them.

Thats sort've why I liked it.  It was odd.  It messed with my head.  Plus, I loved the opening music.

Oh, nothing wrong with the OP. It was a very good one :p

Actually, I remember its creator saying in an interview, that there wasn't really an overeaching plot.  There was nothing to piece together.  It was done to show how those connected to Internet were gradually becoming disconnected from their families and those around them.

Ah, I see... Makes a little more sense, then :). But I still have other animes I prefer before Lain :D

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Personally, I think Taris was the best planet. Most roleplaying, least overpoweredness, a chance to do something different (non-jedi; even though jedi are more fun, its good to have a change), the best connected story out of anywhere in the game, best plot, introduction of all the new characteres, ect. Plus, taris is the biggest, most to explore, most sidequest-filled, and most detailed planet. You even get around 1/2 of your levels there.

I'd agree the game gets more boring (not saying it is boring, just less fun) eventually, but its taken me good half dozen times playing through the whole game on different files doing all the sidequests. Now, I can't play for that long without starting to get bored (2-3 hours, then watch a Slayers episode or 5 or 6, then play KOTOR more). Except for taris; I can replay Taris as much as I want without being bored (except for in the sewers maybe). That's just because its different and less repetitive than the rest of the game. This game is good, but no matter how good any game is, if you play it enough it gets less fun or boring.

BTW, under ANIME, you guys forgot NARUTO!!!!

My friend has connections in Japan, so he has a friend who sends him the show on dvd with english subtitles (it's probably going to be released here in 6 years like all japanese things coming to the U.S.). He also has almost the entire manga series on CD. I mainly read the manga series at Borders. If they finally stock the one I want, I'll buy it.

Yah, great anime/manga.

Anyway, because I don't want this thread to be locked and need to say something on topic, what makes a game almost infinitely replayable to you? I'm talking to anyone reading.

what makes a game almost infinitely replayable to you? I'm talking to anyone reading.

Hmm, good question. Well, many things, I'd say. A good story, good, believeable characters... hmm, and the ability to choose to be good/evil is defintively something that helps keeping me in a game. Or rather, to have as much freedom as possible is what helps keep me in. So does a good main villain (ahh, Irencius from BG was a quite good villain; he was evil, no doubt about it, but you could kind of understand him, even pity him..).

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

And how much replay value would be satisfactory?

? Not sure that I understand what you eman by that... :p

Exactly its the differences that add replay value. What I was trying to say was if there were no differences and you still had fun, you know the devs did a good job.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

what are you supposed to get out of a game in order to give it alot of replay value?

e.g. Beat the game 6 times and have fun each time.

e.g. be able to do something different everytime you play.

How do you measure or decide when you've gotten your money's worth (replay value-wise).

what are you supposed to get out of a game in order to give it alot of replay value?

e.g. Beat the game 6 times and have fun each time.

e.g. be able to do something different everytime you play.

How do you measure or decide when you've gotten your money's worth (replay value-wise).

Hmm, a little of both of those you mentioned, I suppose. Simply being able to do it differently 6 times doesn't necressiarty make it good since it might as well mean that you just play 6 different classes, which isn't much of a difference IMHO...

Don't know about what everyone else thought but i played through the game 1st as lightsider and found it very good, then i played through again as light sider, as i misd out a lot of things. Then i wanted to see what it would be like playig through as dark sider but found i couldn't even get past taris because i got bored as i knew what would happen next! as i knew the story line. Did anyone else feel like this? or is it just me.

I think KOTOR 2 won't be like this because of the new characters but it might be, if you meet the oposite side party member because then you will know what party members you could of had playing the oposite side. and also on the mysterious planet (back to KOTOR 1) where you meet bastilla you could of just switched to the dark side in that convosation with her and played through the star forge and just got a different ending intead. i just hope KOTOR 2 will have slightly unknown things for each side. eg playing through and havin different quests or meeting different npc's

if im rambling please say and ill try and make myself clearer lol.

i've played it 7 times so i would say it does get boring after awhile but tgis time it's coming to be more complicated

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf