Who is the Most Powerful?

I hate Maul's death scene. It make no sense what-so-ever. This dedicated, vigiliant Sith suddenly decides that he doesn't need to pay attention or attempt to defend himself, and also decides not to attack Obi-Wan as he flips through the air.

Maul was far too caught up in his own power and ability. Pride is the biggest giant killer. That was part of the point behind the scene.

Someone said something about not gloating after killing Qui Gon,little different situation. Qui Gon was dead but Obi-wan was still there and able to fight. When he gloated over Obi-wan there was no one else there to be a threat,except for obi-wan who he thought he had dead to rights.

He can "die" in battle. He just "wakes up" if there's still a character that is up in battle. Takes a certain amount of time I'm pretty sure. But if he's the last person up and he goes down then it's game over. Not to mention he only starts with a few VP so it might not always be a life saver.

If vader were maimed it was a really good deal if he got or almost got luke. What does it matter to vader if he re-loses a body part

It's not the loss of the body part,it's the loss of the fight. Vader did not want to lose the fight he did not want to die. He wanted to rule the galaxy with Luke and without Pal. He wanted to be the master with his son at his side. Didn't the ROTJ book make a comment about Vader feeling embarrased by his son after the first shot he got in and that is when Vader started in on Luke without holding back? And another scene in the book as Pal is shocking Luke about Vader crawling back to Pal like beaten dog to his Master? Vader wanted Luke to fall to the dark side be he not only wanted to be the stronger he needed to be for his plan to work.

Full out no,but he didn't hold back like he did in Empire. He really pulled his punches in the Cloud City fight.

And that doesn't change that he where he wanted Luke to fall he still needed to be the stonger of the two,needed to win. His whole plan through the end of Empire and ROTJ was to have his son at his side and have the two of them rule. He wanted to be the Master,he was tired of being the one under thumb. He wasn't trying to kill Luke but he still needed to beat him in order for his plan to work. Letting Luke knock him around was not part of his plan. As I said before I'm not saying Luke was the stronger of the two as a whole. Vader just hit the wrong button at the wrong time and it caused Luke to snap for a moment-Just long enough to beat his father. But it was still never part of Vader's plan to get beat down the way he did. It doesn't fit with staying the stonger of the two and staying the Master. Which is what he truly wanted.

He had to make Luke give into his anger,make him mad and unleash on him. But the key is Vader had to stay the stonger of the two to stay in control of the fight. When Luke first took his saber back from Pal and took a swing at him Vader stopped him because he had not given fully into his anger and it still needed to be pulled out him. The book explains that Vader stopped him because there was still a chance that he could kill Pal and return to his friends. Luke needed to be beaten by Vader so Luke understood that Vader was the one in charge. Sort of how Malak turned Bas in Knights. He didn't kill her,he made her feel her anger to the point it over took her all the while staying in control of her. Vader knew pushing Luke with Leia would set him off,his mistake came in when he under estimated just how hard Luke would come off at him. Had Vader been able to stay in control the situation might have been different. Remember in the Zahn book Last Command the dream Mara has of Luke and Vader's fight? She see's Luke and Vader fighting and then turn on and kill Pal. IF Vader had stayed in control,had stayed the stonger of the two then that scene might have been what actually came to pass.

I think he was very serious, it can be tiring to be the number 2 man in a place like the empire, all that power at your fingertips only whets the appetite for more.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

The ROTJ books gives really good look into the head of Vader. Vader hated Pal but at the same time was under his control. He wanted Luke to join him so they could kill him. Is there any reason to think he wasn't serious about it? I can't think of anything off the top of my head to assume he was only using the offer as a ploy.