How the heck???

Since Malak died in the KOTOR 1 and the end of most of the Sith who followed him...It seemed like the Sith threat would be finish....But within 5 years The Sith Empire seemed to have grown even stronger since Malak died.Who is the Sith responsible for this sudden tide in the war? Now i know some of you would say " Darth Sion is the reason for this dummy" but it seems too strange to me....One moment the Sith threat is destroyed and the next five years the Republic is on its edges because of the Sith...If you ask me it seems funny....I mean killing the Jedi until only a handful are left and crippling the Republic wont just take a few remnants of Malaks old fleet...Yeah i know theres a five year gap inbetween the two games but i mean common...Either the last battle in KOTOR 1 didnt really do much to the Sith Armada or the Sith that took Revan and Malak's place had an army cooked up already....What do you guys think?

Since Malak died in the KOTOR 1 and the end of most of the Sith who followed him...It seemed like the Sith threat would be finish....But within 5 years The Sith Empire seemed to have grown even stronger since Malak died.Who is the Sith responsible for this sudden tide in the war? Now i know some of you would say " Darth Sion is the reason for this dummy" but it seems too strange to me....One moment the Sith threat is destroyed and the next five years the Republic is on its edges because of the Sith...If you ask me it seems funny....I mean killing the Jedi until only a handful are left and crippling the Republic wont just take a few remnants of Malaks old fleet...Yeah i know theres a five year gap inbetween the two games but i mean common...Either the last battle in KOTOR 1 didnt really do much to the Sith Armada or the Sith that took Revan and Malak's place had an army cooked up already....What do you guys think?

Same situation as A New Hope. The Rebels defeated the Death Star and celebrated their victory, but the Empire was still powerful in Empire Strikes Back.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think that Gallo didn't have any good idea in mind so he just copied Return of the Jedi. And I don't care about storyline much since rarely storyline in games can be as good as in novels and comics. And Lucasfilm can always classify TSL as infinities.

But yes I agree storyline is very unoriginal. Let's hope that it will not be a clone

of another game. Like KOTOR 1...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I understand that but look at the Empire...They have been in power for more then 5 years.....Blowing up their Death Star wont do much to them...They still had thousands of Ships and Stormtroopers....But Sith Fleet was pretty much in ashes in the KOTOR 1 endings....Five years later the Sith being back in full power seems a little crazy to me

Game will be better than part one. That I'm certain. Obsidian is ten times better than lazy bioware devs who just copied neverwinter nights storyline.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Guest ChaosStorm
I understand that but look at the Empire...They have been in power for more then 5 years.....Blowing up their Death Star wont do much to them...They still had thousands of Ships and Stormtroopers....But Sith Fleet was pretty much in ashes in the KOTOR 1 endings....Five years later the Sith being back in full power seems a little crazy to me

Considering the years the republic is old, the era of the empire is very very very short.

As for the original question: when you kill a leader, you don't kill the entire organization. New people will stand up to be a new leader. In many movies and games you see the unrealistig approach of the entire bad guys vanishing into nothing once the leader is dead. In reality however a new leader will usually come. That might be the case here too.

Or they just assume Revan finished the game Dark Side :p

Guest ChaosStorm
Game will be better than part one. That I'm certain. Obsidian is ten times better than lazy bioware devs who just copied neverwinter nights storyline.

I wasn't an old sith lord in NWN :p

I admit that character design of Malak/Mogrim and Bas/Aribeth is indeed recognizable, but other wise.... I prefer the story of KotOR over that of NWN OC anytime.

The true strenght of NWN, making it the best game ever IMHO, lies of course in the toolset and multiplayer options.

I think that masked sith is master Vrook.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

They appeared to be in shambles, just like we thought the Empire was destroyed after ANH.

Don't forget that the Sith weren't just at the Star Forge. And don't forget that the Republic was already in a weakened state after the war with the Mandalorians.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

To put it simply, after the war against Revan and Malak, the Republic was to weak and couldnt capitalize, and the large parts of the sith fleet that were left took advantage.

One question remains: are the sith united, or fighting amonst themselves, with each faction under the control of a sith lord.

why do you think its Master Vrook? I think its someone new to the game....

It would be fun to see whining Ed Assner as Don Corleone of all the Sith. Maybe he was always hidden leader and Revan and Malak his lackeys whom he sent to find starforge and start next sith war? You know like Palpatine in prequels... he was talking so much about dangers of dark side to hide himself among stupid masters and was destroying order from within? To me his talk and attitude was very suspicious.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

"One question remains: are the sith united, or fighting amonst themselves, with each faction under the control of a sith lord. "

YES thats it.....I believe Revan and Malak werent the other Sith Lords around that time...I believe that others waited in the shadows and when Rev and Malak failed they came out of the shadows and began what they started

"They appeared to be in shambles, just like we thought the Empire was destroyed after ANH." i doubt some believed the Empire was destroyed after ANH....After seeing Vader fly off in that TIE fighter who would think that...

Umm, considering that at the time, no one knew anything about the Emperor other than by name. The ONLY villains we knew were Darth Vader and those aboard the Death Star.

It's the exact same situation now.

Lets put it this way:

The sith were already there, in the background, puppeteers if you like, but IMO they have been there through Revans and eventually Malaks rule, granted maybe Revan and Malak didn't even know it! never mind us, but I think they were there, guiding events, biding their time, and by the time TSL's is set, it may have come!

why do you think its Master Vrook? I think its someone new to the game....

It would be fun to see whining Ed Assner as Don Corleone of all the Sith. Maybe he was always hidden leader and Revan and Malak his lackeys whom he sent to find starforge and start next sith war? You know like Palpatine in prequels... he was talking so much about dangers of dark side to hide himself among stupid masters and was destroying order from within? To me his talk and attitude was very suspicious.

Somehow, I can't see Master Vrook wearing that Sith Mask and being good with a lightsaber.

I still hope it's Bastila :)