How the heck???

" And thanks for support DarthRevan987. At least one guy appreciates my efforts to tie various star wars elements together. "

No problem....Although KOTOR is a good and i am sure KOTOR2 will be better....But if they are gonna make games and have their storylines connect with events that happened before the time of the game...Like the war with Exar Kun and etc...Atleast have it go along with EU a little better and make Revan and Malak seem like they are apart of a Sith Order that wont happen for another few thousand years...Jumping the gun a little bit....

Back on the main topic....I am pretty much sure Sion is the one of the Sith replacing Revan and Malak...But it takes two, is the Sith with bad skin the master or the apprentice

But if every game/novel/comic stuck rigidlly to one timeline, that would make it all the more linear! Thats the beauty of the star wars universe, there is more being discovered about it with every story, its always evolving, how do you know there wasn't any sith named Darth before Bane? Simply put you don't, Bane might just be the first known sith to use it.

OK have it your way pal.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Back on the main topic....I am pretty much sure Sion is the one of the Sith replacing Revan and Malak...But it takes two, is the Sith with bad skin the master or the apprentice

Sion will probably play role similar to Darth Maul I guess.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

But if every game/novel/comic stuck rigidlly to one timeline, that would make it all the more linear! Thats the beauty of the star wars universe, there is more being discovered about it with every story, its always evolving, how do you know there wasn't any sith named Darth before Bane? Simply put you don't, Bane might just be the first known sith to use it.

OK have it your way pal.

If you don't have enough endurance or patience to construct good counterarguments just don't post at all.

You said it not me!

The name "Darth" is a title used by Sith Lords who are apart of the New Sith Order.....Name one Sith during the time of Exar Kun or even further back who had the name Darth???Cant can you?

"Bane might just be the first known sith to use it."

Only the Dark Lord of the Sith and his/her Apprentice have only had the name Darth....you wont read or hear about some underling Sith with the Mantle of Darth.....I believe it originates from Dark Lord of the Sith

the DAR in Dark and the TH in Sith

Well the only thing I can agree with here is that the "Darth" title usage was a pretty bad slip. But as I said before the "EU" consist of so many so-so authors printing so many stories at different time periods that somethings were bound to happen. At the sametime this game isn't just for people quote the EU like its "the word" its also for the casual starwars fan and the RPG gamer. I think Bio did a pretty good job of providing just enough history without letting the story getting bogged down.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Generally the essense darth problem is that Anderson explained the origins of it in "Bane of the Sith". But since darth is one of trademarks of star wars, bioeware decided to use it in KOTOR. And raped the EU by that.

Earlier fools from WOTC invented darth riven for their awful living force campaign, but it was just one of their many mistakes in star wars field. WEG was million times better than them and their D20 ****ty system.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

"Generally the essense darth problem is that Anderson explained the origins of it in "Bane of the Sith". But since darth is one of trademarks of star wars, bioeware decided to use it in KOTOR. And raped the EU by that.

Earlier fools from WOTC invented darth riven for their awful living force campaign, but it was just one of their many mistakes in star wars field. WEG was million times better than them and their D20 ****ty system. "

lol ya see how they can messing things up sometimes

Generally the essense darth problem is that Anderson explained the origins of it in "Bane of the Sith". But since darth is one of trademarks of star wars, bioeware decided to use it in KOTOR. And raped the EU by that.

I didnt expect such aggresive replies.

Raped, whoosh, thats harsh, damn, er, right, and er, yeah, sorry, i feel a little shocked at the raw anger.

Well, all i can say is, i couldnt care less bout EU *prepares for a force fury attack from Nur Ab Sal* *along with a force scream attack*

Even if i had read EU novels or whatever, i stll wouldnt care less bout the innaccuaraces, i am simply around to enjoy the game.

True i create serious discussion topics (and go over the top sometimes) but at the end of the day, it is a game, enjoy it.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

And I thought it was fitting for a DARk lord of the siTH, to be named Darth in the game, I would've been a little dissappointed if it wasn't! Can't speak for everyone though.

And as I've been led to believe in EU Darth Bane was his actual name, and I always thought it was an abrieviation of dark lord of the sith, which I still believe it was intended as, no matter what this 'EU' says.

" Darth Bane was his actual name "

Yes that is true....Thus Him starting the New Sith Order...The two Sith Lords(Master and Apprentice) Would take upon a Darth name in sort of a way as honoring Bane in starting an Order which has been around for like a thousand years without the Jedi knowing....As for Star wars game not being fun without a Darth name....Many may say different

" Darth Bane was his actual name "

Yes that is true....Thus Him starting the New Sith Order...The two Sith Lords(Master and Apprentice) Would take upon a Darth name in sort of a way as honoring Bane in starting an Order which has been around for like a thousand years without the Jedi knowing....As for Star wars game not being fun without a Darth name....Many may say different

If so why would Darth, seem like an abrieviation of 'Dark lord of the sith'? I stand by my guns, I still think this is what it was meant as in the movies, and someone writing a comic, made up this whole senario with Bane to suit his own ends!

I mean why would he be called an abrieviation, and then 'Bane'? Bane of the jedi? Much like Vader = invader, Sidious = insidious, excuse me but it seems to me like this EU you talk about contradicts itself just as much (if not more) than KotOR ever did.

Got away from my box for a second there,

Oh ya and like KotorFanatic said, it would be tough especially for a person who never picked up a EU novel or comic to play a Star Wars game w/o the main villians having the Mantle of Darth, and BTW Lucas didn't say that this Darth Bane was the first to have the Mantle some other author did.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Here was my exact post

" Only the Dark Lord of the Sith and his/her Apprentice have only had the name Darth....you wont read or hear about some underling Sith with the Mantle of Darth.....I believe it originates from Dark Lord of the Sith "

My fingers didnt type the word abrieviation in that post

"If so why would Darth, seem like an abrieviation of 'Dark lord of the sith'?"

I dont really remember saying that Darth abrieviated Dark Lord of the Sith....I said that it originated from that....Putting words in me mouth...lol

If I remember correctly, I didn't accuse you of saying that, did I now? That is MY opinion! You didn't enter into it. So as for putting words in your mouth, no.