Weekend Programer #4

Akari

Akari,

How many of you guys at Obsidian wanted to kick someone in the teeth at Lucasarts after you found out that they decided to go with an earlier release date for the US Xbox version after all this "simultaneous release" stuff leading up to then? :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

When it comes to changing the hue of one's lightsaber,will the repair skill play into how much or how little it can be changed? Or is that something anyone can do? Does one need one of the new lightsaber upgrades to do this? Or can it be done without anything special?

And I asked this once before but you weren't sure at thet time. Have the Sens been fixed to be a more "in between" class? I.E. More feats then a Con but less then a Guardian,more force powers then a Guardian but less then a Con?

A new character? Hm, I don't know about a name.  But that green-skinned guy people have noticed in screen shots is a party NPC.  He's also a Zabrack as some have noticed.  He's also the owner of the pet-like thing the party gets. 

-Akari

I said that last week. Sometimes I'm so smart I even amaze myself.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Okay, back from lunch. :lol:

Will the difference in release dates mean anything for the PC version (except that it misses the Xmas gold rush)? Will you continue working on it and adding features that didn't make it into the pre-Xmas Xbox-version?

That hasn't been decided by Lucas Arts yet. It's up to them. At this point the answer is undecided.

is the zabrak party member ds or ls oriented?

is the zabrak a force user?

how man alien npcs will there be in ur party?

The zabrak starts out biased toward Lightside. No comment on the force stuff. There's at least two alien NPCs, though they might be optional.

Akari,

How many of you guys at Obsidian wanted to kick someone in the teeth at Lucasarts after you found out that they decided to go with an earlier release date for the US Xbox version after all this "simultaneous release" stuff leading up to then?  :lol:

No comment. :o

After looking at the more recent screenshots i am wondering.Are those robed fighters affiliated to the Sith or some type of militia organized on one of the planets?There was a woman and two men fighting against the PC with swords and stuff

P.S sorry if this was asked already

I think I know which screenshot you're talking about. I'm not sure who the robed fighters are aligned with. The woman in that screenshot is not a party character, as some have figured out. I'm not exactly sure who she is, to be honest.

can u tell us anymore about  fighting styles

The fighting stances? Some are focused around tuning your lightsaber use while others are better for those that rely heavily on the force powers instead of lightsaber combat. So different classes will benefit from different stances.

Will the main character of the game have an apprentice?

Will Bastilla or Reven make a cameo in the game?

Is the main story of the game better than KOTOR 1?

No comment on the first two. As for the third, I think I'd be a bit biased. :(

When it comes to changing the hue of one's lightsaber,will the repair skill play into how much or how little it can be changed? Or is that something anyone can do? Does one need one of the new lightsaber upgrades to do this? Or can it be done without anything special?

And I asked this once before but you weren't sure at thet time. Have the Sens been fixed to be a more "in between" class? I.E. More feats then a Con but less then a Guardian,more force powers then a Guardian but less then a Con?

The color crystal can be changed by anyone like in KotOR1. So changing the hue is just a matter of obtaining the proper color crystal. I'm not sure where the Sentinal falls in terms of feats. But I did notice the last time I created a Sentinal in chargen, they have more class skills than any other class. I'm not sure if this is final though.

What are you currently working on? Debugging?

Yeah, lots of debugging. :lol:

hu is this woman ?? party npc??

any info on apprentices

Yeah, that was the screenshot I was thinking of. There's not a lot I can say about it, other than what I mentioned in earlier in this same post.

-Akari

Will being male/female have a big impact on the NPC's from the first game who will appear in TSL's? I noticed you could kill certain party members only if you were a certain gender in the first game, so will we maybe get different 'old' NPC's dependant on gender aswell as allignment?

What was your favourite character in Kotor1?

Will we see again some of the planets from the first game?

Do you program only on the weekend? ;)

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Are "apprentices" just a blatant rumor, or a reality?  Will there just be characters that look up to and follow you, or will there be any actual apprentice(s)?

I kinda hope this one isn't actually confirmed or denied. I'd rather stumble across any "apprentice" when I play, rather than knowing for sure that I will get one or not before I get to play.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Will being male/female have a big impact on the NPC's from the first game who will appear in TSL's? I noticed you could kill certain party members only if you were a certain gender in the first game, so will we maybe get different 'old' NPC's dependant on gender aswell as allignment?

Good question, I don't know. I think that it won't make a difference, but I'm not sure.

Slighty more personnel question

Do u Akari, want to see Revan and Bastila in KOTOR2.

I'm afraid that I don't personally care too much. While I enjoyed the character interaction of KotOR1, I felt that the stories of the characters had been sufficiently told in that game that we don't need to revisit them time and time again. Much the same way I feel about Torment, in that I'd never really care to see those specific characters cast in another game.

IS there more setup questions in regards to what happened in K1 than "male/female", as XBM said they came across in their demo.

What is the orb thing in this screenshot:

Wink twice if it's "the pet"

35.jpg

In the setup questions, gender is determined as well as whether Revan went Darkside or Lightside at the end, but I'm not sure what there is beyond that. I've not had time to play through that segment myself yet.

The orb thing is a maintanence droid, found in Peragus. It zooms around repairing or healing your enemies as you fight, so it's a bit of a pest. When you kill it, it explodes, damaging everyone around it though, so sometimes it can be used as a creative bomb against the other droids. :) The beam you see there is it doing its maintenance thing on the droid.

What was your favourite character in Kotor1?

Will we see again some of the planets from the first game?

Do you program only on the weekend?  :rolleyes:

My favorite KotOR1 character? I, uh, actually enjoyed Carth as a character quite a bit. ;) Out of everyone, he felt the most 'real' or believable to me, whereas some characters felt more like ideal archetypes.

There's a couple planets back from the first game. I think if you look around in the planet-related threads you'll find nearly complete list of all the planets in the game.

And I actually program during the week too. :rolleyes:

-Akari

Oh and does the HK model droid you get in TSL's, be that HK-47 or whatever, have the assassination funtion available to the player?

Are sith tattoo's available?

Is there a set 'dark side/ light side' limit, like the first game, or can we continue to go to the very depths of good and evil?

I hav heard many times over that the silver/gold sith armor guy no longer looks like dat. Is this true

Does atton Rand start off lightside or darkside oriented. Their is much speculatin over this.

Finally, I hav also hear that TSL will hav a feature that allows u to listen to music from the game. Is this true also