VERY IMPORTANT

Are you bored?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Are you bored?

• Yes
    • No
    • Kinda

If you're that bored, here's something you guys and gals can do to pass the time and get a good laugh.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?...40&pagenumber=2

It's those KOTOR Ancient Empire guys at it again (the ones who make those rediculous claims about making basically a BIGGER game than KOTOR was). Apparently, they're starting work on a completely NEW game as well, despite them not having anyone who can actually CODE things.

Posted by "lead designer" Mgnails

Also, some of the team is working on a new game and not a mod like AE. AE will still be made but we are also working on this new one. Its just in the planning stages and the engine is in the making so don't expect screenshots yet. I added some forums on ours for that. http://www.elementx.org/Forum. Its and RPG with FPS based combat because just watching your character do all of the work like in KotOR instead of actually controlling the character in combat like in an FPS is pretty boring if you ask me, even if it doesnt follow the rules. Yes it is a very large RPG and it will most probably be a mature rating due to blood, violence, swearing and stuff. We are going to try and give it realistic gameplay as in location based damage, dismemberment, and if your PC's arm is chopped off, its not a *poof it grows back* it will be more like you have to get a bionic implant. I hope the more real the better the gameplay is.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I bet you guys my next paycheck that the mods shut this thread down. Or at least move it ot the Way Off Topic forum.

that's a dangerous bet for you, because the mods themselves might rather win that bet and take your pay check than move the thread :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If you're that bored, here's something you guys and gals can do to pass the time and get a good laugh.

It's those KOTOR Ancient Empire guys at it again (the ones who make those rediculous claims about making basically a BIGGER game than KOTOR was). Apparently, they're starting work on a completely NEW game as well, despite them not having anyone who can actually CODE things.

Also, some of the team is working on a new game and not a mod like AE. AE will still be made but we are also working on this new one. Its just in the planning stages and the engine is in the making so don't expect screenshots yet. I added some forums on ours for that. http://www.elementx.org/Forum. Its and RPG with FPS based combat because just watching your character do all of the work like in KotOR instead of actually controlling the character in combat like in an FPS is pretty boring if you ask me, even if it doesnt follow the rules. Yes it is a very large RPG and it will most probably be a mature rating due to blood, violence, swearing and stuff. We are going to try and give it realistic gameplay as in location based damage, dismemberment, and if your PC's arm is chopped off, its not a *poof it grows back* it will be more like you have to get a bionic implant. I hope the more real the better the gameplay is.

Again???

How many times have this guys said that? Three or four times?

They will never finish it.

Lucas, how I despise him so... ;)

Not a very popular guy these days as far as I've seen :blink:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Good luck making an engine, when people like Carmack and Sweeney does it, it takes about 4 years to do one from scratch :D

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy