ABC Miniseries....The Lost

Child of Flame

manifestation

Thats been done a few times before, so I'm not sold that they would do it again. Maybe too a degree, maybe one side (Lock: dark/light) uses that, or it is just one of many tricks the "sides" have, but I can't imagine they would uses it as thier driving force.

Also, things like the polar bear were as real as the boars. The Boars were as real as the trees. All of them can die/be killed. Where as Jack couldn't even catch his dad and people besides Lock have a hard time seeing this giant monster that doesn't eat people, just kills em. I just don't think that theory explains the polar bear away.

The bear could be some sort of escapee from a scientific compound on the island. That's if they go with a secret conspiracy/island of Dr. Moreau kind of thing.

That said, there's no reason "It" has to be one or another, there may be a combination of things at work. The secret scientific conspiracy could be the source of the "force" at work on the island.

newlogo.gif

The bear could be some sort of escapee from a scientific compound on the island. That's if they go with a secret conspiracy/island of Dr. Moreau kind of thing.

That said, there's no reason "It" has to be one or another, there may be a combination of things at work. The secret scientific conspiracy could be the source of the "force" at work on the island.

I think we're missing something (mainly because we havn't been given it quite yet)

One thing I noticed: They "get things done".

Locke finished his "Life quest".

Jack could move on after he got over with it (as he stated in that airport scene).

I don't know what else to expect but at least I love the mystery about it and can'T wait to see more. :unsure:

That's the cool part. It seems like every episode so far, there is this obvious thing they need to accomplish, which intermingles with some personal secret backstory or some facinating new item. It's pretty cool.

Crappy episode, cliche, saw everything coming by a MILE. No new clues really.

It was kind of a "setup" episode tho, with the splitting of the group. Hope this episode was a nessasary evil.

Yeah, it seemed the "required filler" episode, giving a few necessary details but nothing big. The most interesting part would have been the two backgammon pieces found on the old bodies and a futher connecting of Lock to the island.

newlogo.gif

I'm finding the show to be lacking lately. Where are the strange goings on? The invisible monsters crashing through the jungle eviscerating people? Now it's people taking their shirts off and punching each other.

Next week on Survi.. er, Lost: Jack punches the obnoxious guy! Kate takes her shirt off!

newlogo.gif

Well, there was the stick to the head during the trianglation

but I know what you mean. It is just getting a bit too cliche at times. I don't particularly mind episodes like this without the SF element there, but there just not well done. I mean, one possibly imaginary non-speaking vision of Jacks father was able to make 2 episodes better than these last two. Maybe you just can't get by doing the sf thing every week.

BTW, I think Saywer (the annoying guy) is one of the brightest spots on the show.

The stick to the back of Said's head was the best part of the show as it at least advances the plot and points to potential salvation from the mire the show is falling into.

Any speculation on who Said's assailant is? I'm thinking it's someone native to the island rather than one of the "castaways". At least, I hope it is as that will definately move the story ahead.

Another thing.. Now, I've never been in a jungle so I don't know how dark it gets in one during daylight, but didn't it seem just a bit too dark at the cave and spring site as opposed to the glaring daylight elsewhere on the island?

newlogo.gif

Now, I've never been in a jungle

Really, do you live in sub-tropical Canada? Thats the island ruled by Castro right?

Any speculation on who Said's assailant is? I'm thinking it's someone native to the island rather than one of the "castaways".

I think so too

What pisses me off is how the jungle isn't something to be feared anymore. Before they wet themselves having to walk off the beach, know it's:"a mile trech through the woods alone? Sweet!".

The element of danger is going going gone.

What pisses me off is how the jungle isn't something to be feared anymore. Before they wet themselves having to walk off the beach, know it's:"a mile trech through the woods alone? Sweet!".

Indeed. They're setting it up so it's group A vs group B, rather than all of them against whatever is on the island. I can only hope that all this set-up actually goes someplace interesting and that the result is worthwhile.

By the way, do you think Jack is a real doctor? I was suspicious of his being such, and then they showed the tattoos and someone mentioned it was odd for a doctor to have tattoos and Jack was vague in answering.

newlogo.gif

By the way, do you think Jack is a real doctor? I was suspicious of his being such, and then they showed the tattoos and someone mentioned it was odd for a doctor to have tattoos and Jack was vague in answering.

Well, I think it's clear he has medical training of some sort. Maybe he lost his liceanse or never finish medical school or something. THen again, he could be a doctor. O, I don't recall the tattoo comment, but I remember seeing tatoos.

Ever think he could have been a medic in the military, or how bout an EMT, or paramedic and people assume he is a doctor because of that medical training. My question is who clubbed Saheed at the end of the last ep.

I knew there was something I was missing.

It's become a family drama :)

Ever think he could have been a medic in the military, or how bout an EMT, or paramedic and people assume he is a doctor because of that medical training.  My question is who clubbed Saheed at the end of the last ep.

My guess.... the french survivor who made the distress call.

Indeed. They're setting it up so it's group A vs group B, rather than all of them against whatever is on the island. I can only hope that all this set-up actually goes someplace interesting and that the result is worthwhile.

Maybe that's the point of the island.

Remember Locke telling the little boy about Backgammon? and then Jack found two stones on the corpse... one light and one Dark?

I think this is the calm before the storm, and I bet the island will play a part.

Well, I think it's clear he has medical training of some sort. Maybe he lost his liceanse or never finish medical school or something. THen again, he could be a doctor. O, I don't recall the tattoo comment, but I remember seeing tatoos.

I bet he left his practice to "find himself" at some point, and probably pissed his dad and mom off in the process.

As for the tattoo comment, I think Kate asked about them before they went off to get water two episodes back. And she implied they were quite odd for a doctor to have.

Maybe that's the point of the island.

Remember Locke telling the little boy about Backgammon? and then Jack found two stones on the corpse... one light and one Dark?

I think this is the calm before the storm, and I bet the island will play a part.

That's what I mean about it hopefully going someplace, and I hope it gets there quickly. The internal bickering is getting tedious and, for me, is diluting the show.

The possibility of Jack being an army doctor had crossed my mind, as it would fit with the tattoos, the short haircut and the leadership sensibility. But I don't see why if that's the case it's such a secret. Maybe he did something horrible.

newlogo.gif

prediction based off the previews on tv:

They cut up/torture Sawyer for the meds, but have to leave him for some reason. While their gone, they find out he didn't have the medicine/was telling the truth about it. Apon thier return, he's gone.

::cue dramatic music::

I think Saywer in a "He was good, tho misunderstood, but we may have pushed him over the edge and now he may be stalking us in the forest or maybe the monster got him" role might be interesting.

I think Sawyer is wanting to be hurt.

If you notice in the early episode where everyone got their mail and whatnot, he was reading a letter and almost cried while reading it.

I think something happened before the crash and he feels the need to be punished.

If you notice in the early episode where everyone got their mail and whatnot, he was reading a letter and almost cried while reading it.

::Thinks about suggesting the envelope contained onions::

I like Saywer. He is one of the people on the show that really sells his part, like Lock, the snobby girl, and Kate.

The snobby girls brother and to a lesser extent the Hobbit guy and Jack often fall flat in dialogue delivery.