ABC Miniseries....The Lost

Child of Flame

I tend to agree on all points.

Speaking of hobbits.. while I rather liked last weeks episode... I'd prefer the hobbit went back into the background instead of being in the middle of "every" story.

I thought this was show about 48... well 47.. well... 46 survivors... not the hobbit.

I tend to agree on all points.

See and here I was thinking you would find the onion idea silly

Speaking of hobbits.. while I rather liked last weeks episode... I'd prefer the hobbit went back into the background instead of being in the middle of "every" story.

Plus, now that the drug thing is gone, he lacks anything interesting about him now. They have to figure out what to do with him.

I thought this was show about 48... well 47.. well... 46 survivors... not the hobbit.

Wait, there was the one lady swept out to sea. Who else died? I'm not sure the pilot counts.

They should start using survivors like that whole Star Trek running joke thing. Have all the leads in the show go out on a dangerous journey + one guy named Steve. Steve dies.

That and I want Sayid to fashion a radio out of a coconut and Gillig...er Jack running on a treadmill.

Well, I think everyone saw Sawyer not having the meds coming, but this has been a fun little episode....even if there wasn't anything mystical and it further erodes the fear of the jungle.

I guess they figure since those two people in the caves seemed to die of something other than being eaten that it is safe around there.

O and Darque kinda sorta nailed it

Total Survivors 48 (as of Jack informing the Pilot)

#49 Pilot... for a few mintues

#48 The Marshall who had to be put down

#47 The woman who drowned

46 survivors total.

I don't think I can simplify it more than that. :thumbsup:

Predictions:

1. The Korean guy? Dead. His wife is ending up with the token black guy. I can't remember his name, so I'll call him Lando.

2. Remember how he told Jack he would let him die? Saywer saves Jacks life sometime soon. I also think Kate will cozy up to Saywer, but when Jack almost dies (above) she realize how much she loves him blablablabla. I'm thinking this is, allow me to geek out, a Wolverine/Cyclops/Jean Grey love triangle.

I HOPE I'm wrong about #2, as this show has show a lack of orginal ideas. The actors seem to be carrying a giant cliche on their backs at this point. Tho the last episode, tho again uninspired, was a large step up from the last two. I'd find it hilarious if Saywer wins out over Jack, but JJ Abrams doesn't seem to play that way, at least from Alias expirence (Will Tippin). He is a very "play to what is popular, but make the underdog look good when he loses" kind of guy.

Keep in mind Jack was supposed to die to the creature in the pilot.

It was one of the high ups that made them keep him.

I thought JJ made that call. BTW, how cool would it have been if they didn't have a "leader".

Anyways, they have to deal with his character now. Not to meantion ever promo shot for the show features him and Kate. I doubt he is going anywhere any time soon.

Keep in mind Jack was supposed to die to the creature in the pilot.

It was one of the high ups that made them keep him.

I thought JJ made that call. BTW, how cool would it have been if they didn't have a "leader".

Anyways, they have to deal with his character now. Not to meantion ever promo shot for the show features him and Kate. I doubt he is going anywhere any time soon.

Kate was supposed to be the leader.

And here you say you watch Alias.

To quote Volourn: You lose.

As for the female lead: She has males in charge of her, you known, making sure she didn't do anything too crazy (her dad, her old parter now boss (who despite doing much less than her, got promoted ahead of her), and used to have vaughen as her handler) >_<"

All kidding aside, I'm all for female leads. There is this great cooking show I saw once and sometimes I need someone to tell me how to get those tough stains out. :thumbsup:

I love the relative safety of the internet :ph34r:

Actually, I stopped watching during the 3rd season, it jumped the shark. THo I may give the 4th seaqson a shot.

:Shameless bump pre-airing:

so Alias got moved to after lost now, but it's againt American Idol now.

EDIT: Well, back to the good episodes I see :-

To bad it's 14 days to the next episode :devil:

I'm just wondering: Did Jack sink the freaking putt? Tho I have a feeling the world may never know, nor was it supposed to be the point.

And Saywer had the best line of the episode, the one about "A doctor playing golf, now I've heard everything"

As for the voices and the sickness, any ideas?

It makes no sense.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

As for the voices and the sickness, any ideas?

Maybe the scientists were transporting biological test subjects in the form of the bears and a viral agent. After scuttling on the island I guess everything got loose and began infecting the scientists.... though I wonder if "she" is the infected one and now sayid.

I wonder what the significance of the "Black Rock" is, someone did a real translation of the mayday transmission from the second episode and the REAL translation mentions the Black Rock.