Extra Content

So what if KotOR 2 was delayed until February?  If it's still an awesome game, I don't mind witing a few months.

Better than them rushing a buggy, unfinished version to stores to make a simultaneous release.  Just stop whining.

...How many times will hI have to say it?... We're not pissed that it's coming out later, we're pissed at LA (at least most of us).

So what if KotOR 2 was delayed until February?  If it's still an awesome game, I don't mind witing a few months.

Better than them rushing a buggy, unfinished version to stores to make a simultaneous release.  Just stop whining.

...How many times will hI have to say it?... We're not pissed that it's coming out later, we're pissed at LA (at least most of us).

There's no use saying it anymore. Those who keep posting that we're "whining" have it stuck in their head that it's because we don't get to play it for 2 months later. Nothing will convince them otherwise.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

To be perfectly honest...I'm both excruciatingly angry with LA for lieing to us AND for not being able to play it for two months after the X-box release. The temptation for spoilers in and of itself is reason enough for me to be mad, were both versions to be released together, there'd be no instances where I'd be clicking around and "accidentally" stumble upon a few pages of nice, satisfying, but ultimately fruitless information.

In a way, were all still whining...I mean, who doesn't expect this type of under-handed marketing ploy to be made by a game company.......though the argument that it is wrong, is, of course, well founded.

Why isn't Obsidian saying anything about this? Don't they realize, as Shinji said, such a move by LA also affects them...negatively?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Why isn't Obsidian saying anything about this? Don't they realize, as Shinji said, such a move by LA also affects them...negatively?

They did. Feargus Urquhart posted a thread in the General Discussion forum about it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

They did. Feargus Urquhart posted a thread in the General Discussion forum about it.

He did? Was he really pissed off or in support of his company.

It seems to me that Obsidian is doing the honorable thing. They are publically not criticizing lucasarts, though I bet they're just as mad as us.

But I did notice that no one was criticized for publically flaming LA on these forums (a stark contrast to the bio-bashing).

• 3 weeks later...

I would be more pissed at Microsoft than anyone. They are evil empire at the moment. The bottom line is that Money talks and Microsoft has a lot power. If they want a game released for their platform first then so be it. I bought an xbox and I think it's a piece of junk. I mostly use it to watch DVD's now and it doesn't even do that well. I'll never buy another xbox game. Infact I wouldn't even use Microsoft windows if that wasn't basically the only option for running mainstream software.

I would be more pissed at Microsoft than anyone.  They are evil empire at the moment.  The bottom line is that Money talks and Microsoft has a lot power.  If they want a game released for their platform first then so be it.  I bought an xbox and I think it's a piece of junk.  I mostly use it to watch DVD's now and it doesn't even do that well.  I'll never buy another xbox game.  Infact I wouldn't even use Microsoft windows if that wasn't basically the only option for running mainstream software.

;)

lame lame lame

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I agree that different release dates is negative for all, except LA - they are greedy to take the money from KOTOR2 ASAP. May be the best think to do after xbox and before pc is not adding additional content, but removing bugs that will become known after xbox rellease - don't forget the end users are the best QA :lol:

shut up and stop complaining, its gonna be christmas b4 the pc version comes out so youll be busy playin some gay pc game about savin a princess in a dungeon wit a evil midget-walrus or somethin, anyways u guys got the better deal last time anyways cuz when it first came out, us x-box ppl bought it not knowing how it would play, and wether it was a good game or not, u guys had the luxury of knowin it was a awesome game when it came out, and u had better graphics and u got yavin without payin extra money.

this is why i dont like pc ppl all they do is complain about things they seemingly r mad about and want to boycott, yet cant stop talkin about it.

Since the Sith Lords seems to be following KOTOR's path with staggered release, why not follow it even further and give the PC players extra content such as another trade area like Yavin or maybe returning to Yavin.

Actually you should get nothing, you get patches and mods(also free yavin) we get ****.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

PCplayer act like they contributed money to the development of the game and they're owed something, god it makes me sick

I have a PC, a new PC, a very nice pc, and I still bought an XboX. KOTOR is an XboX game that they released on pc later. You know what you should get for buying Kotor 2 for PC, the responsibility of paying more so that XboX players only have to shell out $40.00 to buy the game.

Fairs fair right?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The only "extra content" I want is a letter included in the box from Mike Gallo that reads "Sorry for the deceptive marketing campaign.  We overextended ourselves."  :)

Only if it's hand-signed by him and not machine copied, signing thousands of copies will make at least make him feel the hurt.

To make up for it, just answer any questions the modding community has about file formats and such once the game is released. That should make up for it with PC people. Then we can see some custom heads and armor and such that the Xbox people will never get.

This would be better, we could get decent mods and not even need extra Xbox live content. Doubt it'll happen because of legal issues though.