Another Character Returning Poll

Besides Bastila (and T3-M4), which party member from the first KotOR would you want to see returning in the second, if you can only pick one?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Besides Bastila (and T3-M4), which party member from the first KotOR would you want to see returning in the second, if you can only pick one?

• Carth
    • Canderous
    • Mission
    • Zaalbar
    • Jolee
    • Juhani
    • HK-47

I think he was funny, but he wasn't as deep as other characters.  I prefer depth over a running-gag character.  And can you milk a running-gag over sequels?

I guess, but it has to be less focal and spiced up a little instead of just reheated. HK is really a one-trick pony, and I don't think people who played the original will be laughing the 10,000th time he says "meatbag"...

Well, the original thing I remember hearing was that, "a droid suspiciously like HK 47 will be in your party." Also, keep in mind that HK was a model of assassin droid, and meatbag was programmed into him - it could probably be programmed out, as well.

Yeah... heh heh.. it would be funny... "Beep boop dee ooop." "What?? YOU BLOODTHIRSTY MONSTER!!"

Well, the original thing I remember hearing was that, "a droid suspiciously like HK 47 will be in your party."  Also, keep in mind that HK was a model of assassin droid, and meatbag was programmed into him - it could probably be programmed out, as well.

Yeah... heh heh.. it would be funny... "Beep boop dee ooop."  "What??  YOU BLOODTHIRSTY MONSTER!!"

If he starts singing "if I only had a brain" just to get a laugh, I'll be putting my drink on the game disc shortly thereafter...

"Beep-beeepity-beep!"

"That is exactly why we won't install an arc-welder on you. That's just sick!"

"Boeeopy-Beep!"

"Maybe, but you no longer have legs, and you're considerably shorter. If you did that, you'd have to wade through all the carnage. Just think how inconvienent that would be."

Since T3's coming back, I'm wondering if HK will have been reprogramed if we're seeing him again.

I think if we see HK again, it'll be because Revan is kaput and he has no master, or his assassination protocol has been implemented and you bump into him....maybe he's out to get you (which could explain if he became a party member again).

Revan could possibly use his assassination droid to keep tabs on you...with a failsafe to not actually kill or something...I dunno.

But maybe it would be one of those situations where you can only get HK as an NPC party member if you chose Revan as evil or something? I know that that is kinda stretching it though.

It's been said that many people will be out to kill you because in name at least, you are the lone surviving Jedi. HK could be sent to assassinate you, but I doubt Revan is the one doing it.

I think it's more likely Revan sent HK to protect you, or HK fell into new ownership when Revan died.

On one hand, the characters that definitely WEREN'T killed in KOTOR, no matter what your choices in the game were, are Canderous, HK, and T3.

On the other hand, if they are really clever, the Devs might have different characters serve the same plot role in KOTOR2, depending on if you tell the game Revan ended as LS/DS in KOTOR. For instance, if you tell it that Revan was LS, maybe you meet Jolee, or if you tell it that Revan was DS, you meet a Dark Side version of Bastilla or Juhani.

Simplest thing for continuity between the two games is to only have HK, T3 and Canderous carry over, though. That way no matter what, they don't contradict how you played KOTOR in KOTOR 2.