poll: chance of Bastila returning take II

what do you think of the chance of bastila returningg  

85 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think of the chance of bastila returningg

• dont care

I wanted to see the Wookie rip limbs off people, but there was no animation for that.

I was sad.

Not only that! It would be nice to slice people open with the lightsaber, see their heads roll.

That would be awesome.

iceman1731.jpg

I wanted to see the Wookie rip limbs off people, but there was no animation for that.

I was sad.

Not only that! It would be nice to slice people open with the lightsaber, see their heads roll.

That would be awesome.

This is not designed to be a M game. Icebox, ever placed GTA? From what I've heard I'd think you'd like it.

"I'd love to see a flashback scene where Malak gets out of line, and Revan takes off his jaw with his saber to teach his apprentice a lesson."

awesome now I know where "watch your tongue or ill rip it out" comes from

This is not designed to be a M game.  Icebox, ever placed GTA?  From what I've heard I'd think you'd like it.

Actually, Jedi Knight II was rated Teen (just like KOTOR) and included some dismemberment of limbs. Not that I think it's really necessary, though it does make lightsabers seem much more deadly.

Star Wars has PG, and featured dismemberment.

People keep saying you can't hack a limb because it's Star Wars. Well Star Wars features quick a few limb removals. I don't think they should happen randomly all the time, but in a cinematic or two....

Yes there is the overall plot. But in terms of programming, different branches need to still be related enough, otherwise a lot of work goes into stuff that people may never see. I'm not saying that this is a good thing, I'm just telling it like it is.

Warren Spector made comments similar to how people wished the could have joined up with UNATCO and perhaps other stuff in Deus Ex, but he said that in doing so would require the developers to basically code in two different games, one for people that sided with UNATCO and one for those who didn't. As much as he would like to do that, it would never be approved.

You mention different paths, but these different paths cannot be too different, otherwise it is like programming another game. If a decision about who is dead or not causes a branch, it could very likely mean that huge chunks of the game could be very different. When large parts of the game become very different and not very related (in otherwords, truly becoming a separate branch), then you end up coding a lot of material that can only be seen from that one perspective.

I would bet that despite there being two different endings to KOTOR, the path taken in KOTOR 2 will be virtually identical, barring changes in NPC banter and an overall atmosphere to the planets, but the quests and planets and the order you do them in and all that will probably be pretty much identical. Any differences will probably only occur at the beginning of the game. If this is not the case, than I will be impressed and very happy, but I doubt it.

Heh,we could go back and forth about this till the game comes out. Guess we'll both have to play and find out when the time comes.

;) And hell,it'll be fun even if I'm wrong.