If Jedi arent allowed to love?

No, the rule wasn't just for Anakin, it was for every Jedi. They are talking about the Jedi after all, not Anakin.

According to the EU there were some exceptions, but you don't know if it's meant to be that way.

I'd say every being in the galaxy had midichlorians. It's just that some of them have more than others. The Jedi don't need to have children, because the galaxy is huge and there will be more than enough force sensitive beings to supply them with new padawans.

Nobody said that the Jedi in Ulric Quel-Dromas familiy were married. they might have been his uncles an d aunts or something. i am not sure but i think it sais in the description of his robe that he hired it from his uncel.

You think they get all force sensitive people in the galaxy before they’re 'to old to be trained'?

IMO this is one of the reasons so many people fell to the darkside, with the darkside you can get training even if you are older but with the Jedi once you pass a certain age they don’t want to know.

Besides Jedi must leave the order at some point they cant spend their whole life in its service, hmm retired Jedi *shudders at horrible mental image*

most younglings are from supposedly normal parents. just once in a while normal people have a kid with abnormal powers.  and in the prequel era there was a jedi who was married.  (i forgot her name) she had many kids.  and she was renowned fro training female jedi. she was even a friend of mace windus. so sometimes there are exceptions to rules. 

I must be a Jedi then. My parents are normal, but they always say I'm special. :)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I sould be getting paid for this.

There is only on source, the "Tales of the Jedi" comics line, written before Lucas come up with the "Jedi cannot love" for Ep. II ...

In the much older days the Jedi have no such restrictions, marriage and the existence of Jedi lines were common.

-Nomi Sunrider was married with Andur Sunrider and she had a daughter of him, Vima Sunrider.

-Sylvar had a mate.

-Ulic and Cay mother was a Jedi.

So before people shoot off their mouth about things they dont know about they really sould just reserach on the subject.

drakron.png

I sould be getting paid for this.

There is only on source, the "Tales of the Jedi" comics line, written before Lucas come up with the "Jedi cannot love" for Ep. II ...

In the much older days the Jedi have no such restrictions, marriage and the existence of Jedi lines were common.

-Nomi Sunrider was married with Andur Sunrider and she had a daughter of him, Vima Sunrider.

-Sylvar had a mate.

-Ulic and Cay mother was a Jedi.

So before people shoot off their mouth about things they dont know about they really sould just reserach on the subject.

And not a hint of "non-force user" :o I'm amazed :(

Heres my theory.

Love is barred to all jedi. Some jedi, mostly padawans i am guessing (Revan and Bastila for example in the lightside ending for KOTOR) simply break the rules as the feelings they feel r simply 2 strong.

Others force sensitive users will simply hav a child, and nether know that they r force sensitive in life.

I mean lets face it, the jedi cant sense every single force sensitive person in the galaxy. In fact they problaly miss anywhere between 10percent and 50percent.

It is maybe a genetic defect as well as hereditory, such as two non-force sensitive parents who have the right genetic make up, mix those genes into one (AKA child) and vuala, Force sensitive offspring. This may be rare, but the galaxy would be an enormous space, so try not to think of it in our world sense, the galaxy could produce literally millions of these potential jedi.

It is maybe a genetic defect as well as hereditory, such as two non-force sensitive parents who have the right genetic make up, mix those genes into one (AKA child) and vuala, Force sensitive offspring. This may be rare, but the galaxy would be an enormous space, so try not to think of it in our world sense, the galaxy could produce literally millions of these potential jedi.

Heres my theory.

Love is barred to all jedi. Some jedi, mostly padawans i am guessing (Revan and Bastila for example in the lightside ending for KOTOR) simply break the rules as the feelings they feel r simply 2 strong.

Others force sensitive users will simply hav a child, and nether know that they r force sensitive in life.

I mean lets face it, the jedi cant sense every single force sensitive person in the galaxy. In fact they problaly miss anywhere between 10percent and 50percent.

Yet another fine idea. Combine this one with mine, and the answer to why shall be yours. Great minds think alike, or along the same lines at least, or come up with good, different ideas about one topic.

In an off topic question, who is this Hendar chap in the other thread.

He is the outcast who gets his ass whooped by the rakghoul, unless you save him of course  but I didn't

AH yes i remeber now. I only play thorugh the final part of KOTOR, so i dont hav to go through the most part of it, so i forgot about him.

Anyway, what do u all think of mine and Darth Sirius' ideas.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Maybe those mido... things that lucas created are like dominate and recessive genes as in the jedi have dominate genes so if two jedi "mate" then they will have a force sensitive child and if they aren't jedi then there is still a chance but unlikely... Or I could be wrong...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You know, just because they aren't suppose to love doesn't mean they can't have sex.

Somehow, i doubt that. The jedi masters wont just say "U and U, hav sex and make a baby, and make it a good one this time." and i doubt that in mr.lucas' pretty little galaxy, there is anything about sex without love.

Funny if the masters did say that though, but i doubt it any time soon

You know, just because they aren't suppose to love doesn't mean they can't have sex.

Somehow, i doubt that. The jedi masters wont just say "U and U, hav sex and make a baby, and make it a good one this time." and i doubt that in mr.lucas' pretty little galaxy, there is anything about sex without love.

Funny if the masters did say that though, but i doubt it any time soon

Artificial Insemination anyone? Cloning?!! ;) I still want to have a story where a robot achieves force sensitivity after gaining a certain level of sentience...don't think that would work now that Lucas botched it up with the Midochlorians though. DAMN YOU LUCAS, DAMN YOU TO HELL!!! :angry:

Or they are just the result of sex between normal people (regardless of species).

Even if Jedis don't have fun, non-jedi's can also be more or less force sensitive and odds are, that eventually some offspring will be mutants and have a disproportinally high force-sensitivity. Being the deviants and misfits they are, they will occasionally be handed over to the Jedi, being more accustomed to handle stuff like that, to be raised... :rolleyes:

No he is talking about Jedi familys like same people in the same family. Not just random people.