will you get an XboX?

Now that you Know the game will be on XboX before PC will you get one?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you Know the game will be on XboX before PC will you get one?

• I will buy a XboX
    • I will trade in or sell my old system for an XboX
    • No I'll wait
    • I have an Xbox

I have an XBox available to me, but I'm certainly not getting KOTOR2 for it. I'm waiting until the PC version comes. I'm almost exclusively a PC gamer, and three months isn't enough to convince me to spring for the console version instead of or in addition to the PC version.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

I have an XBox available to me, but I'm certainly not getting KOTOR2 for it.  I'm waiting until the PC version comes.  I'm almost exclusively a PC gamer, and three months isn't enough to convince me to spring for the console version instead of or in addition to the PC version.

I couldn't wait that long! I get too excited and read the spoiler boards and spoil things again!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

consoles are just for people who dont want to think much. just plug it in and put in a disc, no intelligence required. and the product is dumbed down games that dont require as much effort making. i wouldnt get a console even if all the major game devs stop making pc games.

Now that is an idiotic statement tht I find insulting. :angry:

No intelligence required just because you "plug it in and put in a disc?" So regardless of the actual gameplay, having to install it on PC's means you need intelligence? OK......... ;)

And you obviously have never played or even seen a Final Fantasy game if you believe "the product is dumbed down games that dont require as much effort making." Those games have about the same effort (if not more) to create than KOTOR or KOTOR2. <_<

sad but true, console games have to be dumbed down. if not just because of the controls that you use, people buy consoles so they dont have to worry about drivers, patches, video settings, all the other options that only would be on a pc game, or hardware.

i'm not saying this as an insult to you damn console users but just stating the obvious. oh yeah, and death to the consoles!!! :angry:

No way I'm blowing money for an XBox to have a game a couple months early.

As soon as KOTOR II comes out for XBox I'm cutting myself off from all chats and articles about KOTOR II until after I play it on the PC in Feb (no spoilers for me!!)

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

Well consoles generally have a shelf life of about 4-5 years before they become obsolete then the "next generation consoles" are released. So I think you upgrade pretty much the same as PC gamers do.

You are correct that roughly every 4-5 years there is a new version of consoles out on the market, but the thing is that when you purchase a console you know for a fact that in that 4 or 5 years you don't have to upgrade your system, you don't have to patch anything and you can still find games that will work well on your system two or three years after the new standard comes out. But most importantly about a year after the new system comes out it cost about the same as upgrading one part on a PC for example 2003 the XBox/PS2 cost the same as upgrading a video card or buying a good stick of RAM (i.e. $200 - 300).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

But most importantly about a year after the new system comes out it cost about the same as upgrading one part on a PC for example 2003 the XBox/PS2 cost the same as upgrading a video card or buying a good stick of RAM (i.e. $200 - 300).

Where do you buy your upgrades? ;)

I think you're overpaying if it costs you that much for RAM or a new video card.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

But most importantly about a year after the new system comes out it cost about the same as upgrading one part on a PC for example 2003 the XBox/PS2 cost the same as upgrading a video card or buying a good stick of RAM (i.e. $200 - 300).

I think you're overpaying if it costs you that much for RAM or a new video card.

canada!!!

untill late last year it was costing me close to that to even think of upgrading to a good video card (then 128 MB) and what I meant for a good stick of Ram was about 512MB same time period. now both are down to around $150 but oh wait so is the PS2 and XBox. Mind you some video cards can still cost up around $250... why I am not exactly sure but it can.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

canada!!!

untill late last year it was costing me close to that to even think of upgrading to a good video card (then 128 MB) and what I meant for a good stick of Ram was about 512MB same time period. now both are down to around $150 but oh wait so is the PS2 and XBox. Mind you some video cards can still cost up around $250... why I am not exactly sure but it can.

www.newegg.com

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Where do you buy your upgrades? :lol:

canada!!!

www.newegg.com

COOL THANKS!!! I might just have to start doing some shopping ;)

AscendedPaladin.png