Difficulty

as for the healing thing i had a thought

say your ship has 1 or 2 healing chambers that wounded characters can enter.

this process would take a more than a few mins which would make u use ur other party members in the adventure instead of just the 2 or 3 guys u always take

sound good?

Forget using it in KOTOR 3, why not KOTOR 2? I think this is an excellent solution. Either the person wastes time and watches TV while those characters are unavalible or they use a different party. The only problem is what about the main character? You can't form a party without him/her, and if s/he's healing...

Forget using it in KOTOR 3, why not KOTOR 2? I think this is an excellent solution. Either the person wastes time and watches TV while those characters are unavalible or they use a different party. The only problem is what about the main character? You can't form a party without him/her, and if s/he's healing...

In that case. since the game takes place from the perspective of the main character, healing for that character only takes instant, though several minutes in-game might have passed.

KOTOR's engine allows you to switch party members and act as them. I think leaving the main character behind to heal is fine.

However, let's say you're about to come across a major plot script that requires the main character be present. One of the NPC's could speak up and say "Maybe we should wait for Revan before we proceed."

I guess that would work. but it would seem a little cheezy I think. Maybe you can't go past a certain distance from the hawk while your main character is healing. Btw I assume droids would be fixed up in a droid shop while the other charac ter use medical technology?

I guess that would work. but it would seem a little cheezy I think. Maybe you can't go past a certain distance from the hawk while your main character is healing. Btw I assume droids would be fixed up in a droid shop while the other charac ter use medical technology?

sure

Or you could force heal him or use a med pack.

Yeah, but we're trying to limit that in-game. Because when you have a million med-packs, villains need to be uber-cheesy in order to present any sort of challenge.

And no one wants that.

OK, why not limit Force Heal a bit? Just as Death Field or whatever the life-sucking Force for DS is called can only be used during combat shouldn't the Heal be only useable _out_ of combat? Also, maybe remove the "use from inventory without using the turn" feature. After all, difficulty in KOTORs can be changed on the fly, so there can't be any "unbeatable" fights even for most inexperienced.

lower the rate of gaining fps? I noticed early game it was harder (dantooine) to constantly use powers as you didn't have as many force points. THis made the whole game harder. Slower regeneration and slower increases in fp per level would be excellent. It would also make the consular/master shine, as I found I had enough points for whatever I wanted with my soldier/guardian wisdom 10.

• 4 weeks later...

I personally liked the old Kotor system, and I don't like the one you guys are suggesting, but that's just me.

Force Cooldown=Big no no.

"Heal up Atris, heal again.... oh no!!!! Force cooldown again, this is too frustrating man, who came up with this great idea?!"

Or:"Immunity, energy, speed! Die Sion di.... what the?!?!?! I'm still on immunity!!!!"

*Gets chopped up.*

Limited amount of medpacs: Are you mad?!?!?!?!

Auto-transport/auto-heal: Worked well in the first game to me.

I would rather the enemies do 100 damage on the hardest level then me not being able to use my force powers or anything like that. The Kotor system worked well, so there's no need to change it in my eyes.

Limited amount of medpacs: Are you mad?!?!?!?!

Crazy. Crazy like a fox. :rolleyes: It'll work, trust me.

I would rather the enemies do 100 damage on the hardest level then me not being able to use my force powers or anything like that. The Kotor system worked well, so there's no need to change it in my eyes.

Cheap. Easily abusable, and requiring no strategy whatsoever. But because of this, the devs had to bump up the difficulty of the villains. Its a vicious cycle. Break the cycle of abuse!

I had no experience with this type of game (bard's tale was really too long ago), and the first time playing KotOR was *not*easy.. Calo Nord was hard, the Mandalorian raiders were, Bandon, The One (still a difficult battle) and finally Malak. I had to do several retries before defeating Malak. KotOR is not to easy when you have no experience with this sort of game, not too hard either, it's perfectly balanced.

Some ideas are taking it a bit too far. Having to run back to the hawk, or 'timeouts' are bad, bad idea's. Waiting and running up and down the same track will not make the game more fun to play.

Limiting resources (medpacks) might be an idea though, it could be controlled by the difficulty settings, just as the diffculty of your opponents.. Or maybe just more opponents in a battle (6~8 wraids in a group would require a different strategy for instance) at higher difficulty settings.

Cheap. Easily abusable, and requiring no strategy whatsoever. But because of this, the devs had to bump up the difficulty of the villains. Its a vicious cycle. Break the cycle of abuse!

I agree with you, I'm playing again and I just noticed how cheap it is. :lol:

Edit: Errr, something broke. :D

Edit: The auto-travel/auto heal thing I mean.

I had no experience with this type of game (bard's tale was really too long ago), and the first time playing KotOR was *not*easy.. Calo Nord was hard, the Mandalorian raiders were, Bandon, The One (still a difficult battle) and finally Malak. I had to do several retries before defeating Malak. KotOR is not to easy when you have no experience with this sort of game, not too hard either, it's perfectly balanced.

Some ideas are taking it a bit too far. Having to run back to the hawk, or 'timeouts' are bad, bad idea's. Waiting and running up and down the same track will not make the game more fun to play.

Limiting resources (medpacks) might be an idea though, it could be controlled by the difficulty settings, just as the diffculty of your opponents.. Or maybe just more opponents in a battle (6~8 wraids in a group would require a different strategy for instance) at higher difficulty settings.

Trust me, by your second playthrough, everything is absurdly easy and abusible. Heck, I found things like that in my first play through. KOTOR is not perfectly balanced. I don't have experience with CRPGs and I killed everyone no sweat. I think I died once...the Rakghouls. That was in the only hard part of the game (limited medpacks and no force powers).

Have we ever said run to the hawk? From what I've gotten we've said no miracle healing (so abusible) and maybe the ability to teleport to places (with hawk).

Trust me, by your second playthrough, everything is absurdly easy and abusible. Heck, I found things like that in my first play through. KOTOR is not perfectly balanced. I don't have experience with CRPGs and I killed everyone no sweat. I think I died once...the Rakghouls. That was in the only hard part of the game (limited medpacks and no force powers).

Have we ever said run to the hawk? From what I've gotten we've said no miracle healing (so abusible) and maybe the ability to teleport to places (with hawk).

So, drop transit-heal and Froce Heal all together, or at least make it's effects dependant on some skill level. And drop the ability to use medpacks from the inventory screen.

If you read earlier stuff on this thread, we have good insights and ideas. One of them (page 2 I think) was slow down the healing on the hawk, enouraging you to use other characters during the 15 min to 1 hour that the others are healing. Also, a dev popped up and said treat injury is tied to force heal.