Difficulty

Would it work just fine with a five-time limit on going back to the hawk, and it still healed you? I think so.

Obviously, though, taking away the insta-heal would make it so that people didn't bother going to the hawk when they didn't need to. I think the idea is that it's a resting option, which makes perfect sense based on video game logic for the past decade. You'd have to have a resting option of some sort to replace it. And mind you, it's "resting", not sleeping. You can rest indefinitely in real life. Yes, resting a lot to regain health is unrealistic, so are medpacks and all that - but hitpoints really aren't a valid reproduction of how much pain and injury a character can withstand. If you wanted that, you might as well just make a, "you get hit, you die" system, which is admittedly absurd in an RPG that doesn't have a a very advanced physics/cover/armor system.

Oh, and Rhakghouls and Kath hounds and such DID respawn when you went back to the hawk in the first game.

Resting needs a disadvantage though. I still like my idea of time limit between ports, partial health restored (maybe through resting), and the monsters that one obviously got hurt fighting respawn annoyingly (obviously storyline people wouldn't respawn and some monsters wouldn't either I think like the young rancors as they give way too much exp to be killed over and over again).

Here's an idea.

When you go back to the Hawk, you don't automatically get all you're life back. You have to choose "Rest". When you do, you get an annoying rest animation that takes 30 seconds before you resume control with full life.

It is? Are the other "useless" skills funcioning other such multiple purposes? I say that they should add in more skills and give us more points per lvl. I just read that fallout has diverse endings based on how you play the game. I think KOTOR should have multiple solutions to the problems. Then again, I want the team to focus their energies making the game as good as they can, multiple endings or no.

Sry, gtg for the night. Cya.

Agreed.  Malak would be hard, except for the medpacks... and without those, he'd be pretty near impossible.

Is that what people mean when they say Malak is too easy? Because if that's the case, then it's not really that MALAK is too easy, but rather the fact that it's too easy to use a medpac/stim during combat by going in to inventory.

I'm wondering how many people would still feel Malak was too easy if the option to go into inventory and use a medpac during combat wasn't available.

I never used that exploit (I didn't even know about it until after I finished the game). But Malak was pretty easy. I'd Master valor, and then master speed, and attack him. He'd go down in 1 round, damaging me maybe 40%. When he ran off to absorb the dead people thingos, I'd heal using medpacks, re-fire up valor and speed, and wait for him to come to me, where I'd kill finish him in 1 round, he'd run off, rinse, repeat.

And my character wasn't powerful at all, but there was no challenge. He was a level 8 scoundrel/12 Sentinel.

When I replayed with my munchkinised, evil, level 2 soldier/level 18 Guardian, I just ran around absorbing everything first, THEN killed him in 1 round.

What are the best Force powers to have to face Malak?

I must keep picking the wrong ones because he's never easy. As I said, he's beatable, just very tedious, yet everyone seems to fly right through him.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Does Force Immunity even work?

Everytime I use it, I still get zapped by the bad guys with their Force Lightning or Drain Life. I thought the whole point of that Force power was to be able to withstand Force attacks.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What are the best Force powers to have to face Malak?

I must keep picking the wrong ones because he's never easy. As I said, he's beatable, just very tedious, yet everyone seems to fly right through him.

Get life-drain, even if you're not a Dark Jedi. I didn't in my first run through, and it makes the fight tedious.

At the start of the fight, beat him once, then run away and lifedrain every single corpse on screen, then beat him again. Game over.

That's evil though.  My LS Jedi would never do such a thing (despite that fact that they will be life drained anyway by your or Malak)

Use lightsaber throw and kill them then.

Your choices, as a lightside Jedi.

a) Destroy them, freeing them from this abomination of an existance.

B) Let Malak absorb their lifeforce to further his evil plans.

Its a case of choosing the lesser of 2 evils.

All you need for malak if oyou are a anyting but a consular should be your saber and heal. Pulling out echani shields every now and then is nice. Malak constantly annoying stuns, so I like using a sentinal against him. Consulars rely on their force powers (which are often weaker than lightsabers), which really don't work well against Malak. I found the only really useful powers in the game were heal, speed, kill, sometimes death field, statis field, I guess the force wave, and destroy droid (there's probably one force power I'm forgetting about right now). If you have heal alone, just pull out your saber and hit him over and over again. If you have a high enough defense, you should take around 40-80 damage per round. He should take around 40-120 per round. When you are beating him like this you don't even have to worry about him healing, as you can just beat the crap out of him after he's healed. Just remember to heal yourself after every 2 turns of attack at least. Really, echani shields don't hurt at all.