Hidden endings and codes for KOTOR2

I don't practice any religion. It is stupid to put faith and hope in nothing. Religion is just a tool of society to mark imaginary differences between people to legitimize inhumanity against humanity.

Please, people can be inhumane against others even without religion. Look what happened in Soviet Russia under Stalin. China under Mao and even post-Mao, and Germany under Hitler. All secular societies, and all of them oppresive. The problem lies not with religion, but with people doing what they want and then afterwards attempting to justify it. Religion in this case, is not a cause, but a scapegoat.

Which is exactly why we don't need any hidden endings for Kotor 2. I was just thinking that putting any kind of hidden meanings in Kotor 2 would by symbolic of the hidden Christian influence in society. Kind of like the Davinci Code.

For example, in the Obi-Wan video game, the code to unlock all of the levels was Gray the Rat. This is clearly a nod to the DemocRATic Party and the former governor of California, GRAY Davis. We just don't need any hidden meanings or codes in video games.

Or in movies for that matter. Take Lord of the Rings. The elves, the most sophisticated, intelligent and most powerful of all the races in Middle-Earth, were also clearly gay.

Religion in this case, is not a cause, but a scapegoat.

Religion is not a scapegoat. It is the cause for wars. People fight and kill for beliefs others don't care about.

People don't go to war for nationalism, to acquire resources, or for ethnic hatreds? They do. But often, to cover what would otherwise be petty reason to go to war, governments often try to cover these with a veneer of religious purpose. Afterall, how many people would risk their life for the above reasons? Probably not many. But if you tell them that you're fighting a righteous and just war, then you'll get far more.

With or without religion, war will still have the same causes as they always do.

Or in movies for that matter. Take Lord of the Rings. The elves, the most sophisticated, intelligent and most powerful of all the races in Middle-Earth, were also clearly gay.

The elves were not gay, Orlando Bloom was....just as he has been in every role he's taken on. <_<

People don't go to war for nationalism, to acquire resources, or for ethnic hatreds?  They do.  But often, to cover what would otherwise be petty reason to go to war, governments often try to cover these with a veneer of religious purpose.  Afterall, how many people would risk their life for the above reasons?  Probably not many.  But if you tell them that you're fighting a righteous and just war, then you'll get far more.

With or without religion, war will still have the same causes as they always do.

Fundamentalism, Crusades, Palestinians and Israelis, Zionism. Religion causes stupidity.

War will always happen. Religion just makes it more frequent.

People don't go to war for nationalism, to acquire resources, or for ethnic hatreds?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

And why 72? why not 3 or 4. or maybe even a dozen. but 72? what is the significance of that number?

It is probably a macho thing:

-"Hey, i can do 4 women at the same time"

-"Oh yeah? I can do 7 of 'em..."

-"Oh yeah? I can do...."

...and continued until they notice that it's not going anywhere, thus 72 of them.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Koran does not promise Muttaqun [the righteous] 72 virgins in paradise. The Koran does promise them "gardens and grapeyards; and young full-breasted maidens of equal age; and a full cup of wine"

Now, there is a saying that "The least reward for the people of Heaven is 80,000 servants and 72 wives, over which stands a dome of pearls, aquamarine and ruby." So it's more in the tradition of the devil being a red skinned fellow with a tail and pointy goatee.

It's also interesting to note that the Koran seems to suggest that females aren't the only offering available.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Fundamentalism, Crusades, Palestinians and Israelis, Zionism. Religion causes stupidity.

Making broad generalizations isn't exactly bright, either. ;)

War will always happen. Religion just makes it more frequent.

Not by much. If religion were to disappear tomorrow, people would find other reasons to fight.

Making broad generalizations isn't exactly bright, either.  :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Regardless, religion does cause stupidity. Some religions aren't so bad, but most need to work on their problems.

Not by much. If religion were to disappear tomorrow, people would find other reasons to fight.

Well, the matter of fact is, people don't simply find other reasons to fight.

Well, the matter of fact is, people don't simply find other reasons to fight.

Sorry, bad wording on my part. They already have reasons for fighting besides religion. Justification for fighting would've been better. Governments would find other justification to get people to fight. Appeals to patriotism, saying they threaten our way of life, old racial hatreds, and the always not so subtle, 'if you don't pick up a gun, we'll throw you in jail.' Really, the problem begins and ends with alliances between church and state. Take Christianity for example, a religion that taught peace, love and racial and societal harmony. Before the 2nd and 3rd Century, no Christian would've even thought of either joining the army or holding political office. However after Constantine made Christianity the state religion, that changed. By doing this the Church had to comprise on a number of issues. Basically, it lost its integrity, and while the Church could ask for favors from the State, the State could make demand on the Church, which included encouraging it practititioners to get involved involved in fighting wars and other things of this nature.