I hate spiders

deganawida

I hate insects in general...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Considering it's said to be the deadliest spider on the planet, i'm not sure how funny that is.

I remember watching a documentary about those things, nasty stuff.

They look cool as hell thought :

http://home-1.tiscali.nl/~ldvdberg/atrax2.jpg

http://hem.spray.se/minax/galleri/bilder/hf4.jpg

http://www.htwm.de/lkirsten/trichternetzspinne.jpg

http://surfnett.de/chriscross/gifte/atrax4g.jpg

:ph34r:

Christ, that's one nasty looking spider! And I'm usually not afraid of spiders.. Probably because we have these sissy swedish spiders over here. They mostly roll over and die the moment you look at them.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

What's annoying about them Black Widders though, is that they're almost impossible to kill on your own, other than smashing them with your shoe. Spray them with Raid, or set off a bug bomb, and they just close off their ventricles, go into a catatonic state, curled up playing dead....then crawl off once the poison's dississipated. :ph34r:

Yeah, the pest controll place told me about that, so they came back to do follow-up sprays to kill them.

Aegeri - Jumping spiders are neat. We have a lot of them at our new house... big fuzzy ones. The only thing that scares me about them is that they move so fast! The worst was one time when I was at my parents house I left the windows in my car open. I was on the freeway later that day and looked over and on my door by the window was this big jumping spider just kinda looking at me. That's the one time I was really afraid of jumping spiders, because even though i know they won't hurt me, I thought it was going to jump on me (which would have been bad while on the freeway).

Opus131 - that thing has crazy fangs!

My baby girl arrived 6/16/06!

Opus131 - that thing has crazy fangs!

You think that thing has crazy fangs....you obviously haven't seen the bird killing palm tree spiders (don't remember the real name) or the camel spiders in Iraq. Those things are nasty! :ph34r:

These things are evil, their venom is an anesthetic, so they'll be gnawing on you, buy you won't feel it, and you can literally wake up and be missing an ear....or worse, an entire limb. They've been known to eat entire camels, ravenous little beasties.

camel%20spider%2001-2.jpg

These things are evil, their venom is an anesthetic, so they'll be gnawing on you, buy you won't feel it, and you can literally wake up and be missing an ear....or worse, an entire limb.  They've been known to eat entire camels, ravenous little beasties.

i'm sorry, but every bit of what you just said is a bunch of bunk. do some research before propagating myths and legends... took me less than 1 minute to prove this as nothing other than urban legend. oh, and entire camels? at 5" leg span? sheesh...

http://www.frgnews.com/spider.htm

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp

taks

comrade taks... just because.

:huh: Sorry, that was what I had been told by a grunt who had been over in Iraq. Oh, and I guess I wasn't clear, I meant a bunch of them would eat a camel...but I guess you done proved me wrong...you must feel reeeeeeal special huh? :rolleyes:

Yeah, and everything you said is exactly what is included in the urban legend myths, right down to being "told by a grunt who had been in Iraq".

newlogo.gif

no, not special at all.

just aware enough about internet legends to realize that a little research is all that it takes to stop the spread of such ridiculous mis-information.

try it, you'll see...

taks

no, not special at all.

just aware enough about internet legends to realize that a little research is all that it takes to stop the spread of such ridiculous mis-information.

try it, you'll see...

taks

I have tried it; I love Urban Legends. I was told by a grunt who had just been in Iraq. He was on leave. Maybe they started the legend for kicks? :rolleyes:

no, i think people in general are just too willing to expound on a story credulously, without researching the facts for themselves. in fact, i think that the wilder the story, the more likely it is believed (sometimes). people seem to forget that as easy as it is to spread dis/mis-information, however, it is just as easy to discount it.

taks

I read somewhere that those spider crawl out of the sand and run towards you at full speed to hide under your shadow.

They also like to infiltrate inside tents and come out at night to feed, not cool to sleep with those things around.

I'm sure this behavior is what made those insects so popular, which then resulted in that exagerated myth.

Those aren't really spiders BTW, they belong to a unique family of arachnids which lays beetween spiders and scorpions.

BTW, the funnel web spider i posted IS very aggressive, but it doesn't chase people down. Unfortunatly, that's the only part of the story which is myth, everything else it's true, down to the fact those fangs can penetrate your shoes.

This animal it's so dangerous that the pest control suggests to ran away and call somebody to take care of it rather then try to kill it yourself, lol...

I HATE spiders. I hate all forms of insect life, really. I'll kill something if I'm quick enough, or just run away and hide if I'm not. Yeah, I'm a sissy, but meh... they're so creepy :/

As far as I know spiders aren't insects but a seperate species like fish and mammals.

Opus, the above links already told us that.

Tsk, i'm posting this at work and i didn't want to open those links, lest somebody lurks behind my back and sees i'm looking at spiders rather then work, may bad... :ph34r:

Oh my, visiting message boards at work, eh? Naughty naughty!

:unsure:

no, not special at all.

try it, you'll see...

taks

I have tried it; I love Urban Legends. I was told by a grunt who had just been in Iraq. He was on leave. Maybe they started the legend for kicks? :)

Well then you can slap him for telling you a whole load of horse crap. They don't eat people, they don't have very complex venom and no, they do NOT EAT CAMELS.

They are however very fast, rather nasty when cornered and importantly, are an amusing sport for many people (including US marines) as they throw two of them in a box and watch the fun.

The whole camel/man eating spider myth came from Something Awful I believe...

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

no, not special at all.

try it, you'll see...

taks

I have tried it; I love Urban Legends. I was told by a grunt who had just been in Iraq. He was on leave. Maybe they started the legend for kicks? ;)

Well then you can slap him for telling you a whole load of horse crap. They don't eat people, they don't have very complex venom and no, they do NOT EAT CAMELS.

They are however very fast, rather nasty when cornered and importantly, are an amusing sport for many people (including US marines) as they throw two of them in a box and watch the fun.

The whole camel/man eating spider myth came from Something Awful I believe...

I would, but he's now back in Iraq burning human waste again. :)

He did mention the spider fights though, that sounded rather fun. :)