Scary thought: damaged intelligence implant...

Do you think that's scary?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that's scary?

• Hell ya! Oh man, I'm so afraid of implants!
    • Pfft! I used to pee in leech infected lakes and have them swim up it into my bladder. (more than we wanted to know)
    • Ok, no more Scoundrel class for me.
    • Get a life.

I pick the last option.biggrinumbrella1.gif

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Presumably gaining the three implant feats involves surgery (to have the first port fitted and then the two improvements), then switching implants just involves unplugging the little device from behind your ear (or something) and then plugging in the new one?

Bit like that chip attached to the Headmaster in Remembrance of the Daleks. Well, maybe. OK, that reference was rather obscure and irrelevant but I thought the thread had a silliness level to be maintained :)

To interface with the brain as it would appear most implants do in KOTOR, they would have to have an extremely low density so as not to damage the existing brain tissue.

IMO the implant things you see is just the packet the implant comes in and they are a very fine fibrous mesh that has low enough density to go through the skin, and rests in the brain to interface with the existing tissue.

why do you all think that to have an implant, means that it has to be on you head?

i mean the constitution implant certainly wont be on your head coz there it would be useless. A much better place to have an implant would be you shoulder or some place like that. Those places are close enough to your spine in order to make direct connections with ur brain.

besides have u ever seen the implant on your character's head?

why do you all think that to have an implant, means that it has to be on you head?

i mean the constitution implant certainly wont be on your head coz there it would be useless. A much better place to have an implant would be you shoulder or some place like that. Those places are close enough to your spine in order to make direct connections with ur brain.

besides have u ever seen the implant on your character's head?

Have you ever seen it on their shoulder? :(

I thought the inplants sounded scary, I mean you had to get separate feats to use them... Which probably meant you need training to use them right, in my first game I didn't use them because I thought they would get hit by an enemy or something stupid like that.

But now I use them every time I play KotOR.

:)

;)