The Community Blog

Wow, I haven't been here in years!  I forgot my password. lol

A friend sent me a link and I saw Gorth's superb offering.  Respect!  This brings back memories of BIS and the Interplay boards. It's funny in that I played so much Grounded on Steam  a couple of years ago before it was completed. I had just gotten back into playing the finished game for about a week when I received word about this project. It's like running into an old girl friend at the grocery years after you broke up.  It's not that you have animosity.  You just don't know what to say.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Not for the sake of much time..."

8 hours ago, MedicineDan said:

Wow, I haven't been here in years!  I forgot my password. lol

A friend sent me a link and I saw Gorth's superb offering.  Respect!  This brings back memories of BIS and the Interplay boards. It's funny in that I played so much Grounded on Steam  a couple of years ago before it was completed. I had just gotten back into playing the finished game for about a week when I received word about this project. It's like running into an old girl friend at the grocery years after you broke up.  It's not that you have animosity.  You just don't know what to say.

Hey look who's still around!... long time no see old friend. Hope you stop by for a chat every now and then 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

On one hand, I doubt I have any great insight about gaming per se.  I'm probably one of the few people who moderated on the old BIS boards and at Obsidian, so I might have insight there, but I've also irritated, bored, or otherwise made myself persona non grata to people in previous times.  What I do find interesting, at least looking at it for myself, is how eerily my life and interests have tracked with games.  Like you, my friend, I have a long history of gaming.  The first Dungeons and Dragons booklets from the late 1970s when I still lived on Guam to, well, Grounded.  Hitting the skids, not leaving my home, and weighing over 400lbs (over 182kg for the metric inclined).  The journey, some years ago to lose weight and take back my life.  Working at the clinic as a nurse practitioner and having patients seek my care.  lol  I guess I've already gone on long enough so who needs a blog entry?  I've had a love-hate relationship with Obsidian. Well, love-"who?" relationship. Mostly I've loved them and they've mostly not known I exist, and why should they?  : Eldar's broad grin icon :  Still, in dark times there was always something that helped me eke out a few more steps towards the light, and sometimes one of those things was Obsidian.  Another one would be Fionavar.  Sorry to call you out, my scaly friend.  Well, anyhow, wall of text and all.  I'll scratch out a submission this weekend and whether it's deemed worthy or not doesn't matter. It will be heartfelt either way.

EDIT:  Sorry, I was responding to Gorth.

Edited by MedicineDan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Not for the sake of much time..."

38 minutes ago, MedicineDan said:

On one hand, I doubt I have any great insight about gaming per se.  I'm probably one of the few people who moderated on the old BIS boards and at Obsidian, so I might have insight there, but I've also irritated, bored, or otherwise made myself persona non grata to people in previous times.  What I do find interesting, at least looking at it for myself, is how eerily my life and interests have tracked with games.  Like you, my friend, I have a long history of gaming.  The first Dungeons and Dragons booklets from the late 1970s when I still lived on Guam to, well, Grounded.  Hitting the skids, not leaving my home, and weighing over 400lbs (over 182kg for the metric inclined).  The journey, some years ago to lose weight and take back my life.  Working at the clinic as a nurse practitioner and having patients seek my care.  lol  I guess I've already gone on long enough so who needs a blog entry?  I've had a love-hate relationship with Obsidian. Well, love-"who?" relationship. Mostly I've loved them and they've mostly not known I exist, and why should they?  : Eldar's broad grin icon :  Still, in dark times there was always something that helped me eke out a few more steps towards the light, and sometimes one of those things was Obsidian.  Another one would be Fionavar.  Sorry to call you out, my scaly friend.  Well, anyhow, wall of text and all.  I'll scratch out a submission this weekend and whether it's deemed worthy or not doesn't matter. It will be heartfelt either way.

EDIT:  Sorry, I was responding to Gorth.

Oh I look forward to your scratching my old friend :). DM if you need anything ... or reach out in the many others you might!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

We just can never get rid of the Eldar alts.

Welcome back!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: