Following the first topic about "Fast Switching shield"  and from the discovery @tackthumb find (in the comments of the second link, below)

There is two weapons you can switch between them to create a "breaking loop", the first as buff for your party, and the second as most powerful CC effect for enemies with shield or meidum/heavy armor. Of course, some other weapons could be great for fast switching character, but these ones are certainly the most impressives. 

For AI script:

Have weapon set 1 and weapon set 2 with the weapons or schield you want to switch between. Then, if you set up a script with whatever trigger (e.g.you have a Constitution affliction, set to NO) that simply switches between weapon sets all the time (gets executed per game loop - so several times per second). (from @Boeroer explanation in the first topic, below)

The first weapon is restricted to Chanter, it is Sasha'S Singing Scimitar with the enchantment Companion's Prelude. According to the Wiki description, Aura: 2% stacking Action Speed bonus for each held Chanter Phrase).

The Action Speed bonus is working on current action for them in the aura. That mean, for each Scimitar switch, the bonus is applied and cut the action time for the party (the weapon animation like the reload move for Arbalest is not skipped however).

So with a chanter who constantly switch between these weapon sets the party will benefit from chant + scimitar buff. 

Multiclassed with a rogue to riposte when attacked, with some armor like Blackened Plate Armor or Kāhako Nihi, etc, used to link an Ectopsychic Echo or Dimensional Shift, summoning many lives skellies, etc, this character locked is not unactive of course.

The second weapon can be used by anyone, and he dont need to be locked for the whole fight Thundercrack Pistol with the enchantment Charged Field (Aura (excludes self): -10% Action Speed, -5 Melee Accuracy (if a shield, medium armor, or heavy armor is equipped).

So however have one of these items is instantly "stunned" by an indefinitely extended recovery time (like for Strand of Favor, +10% recovery time each time the AI switche to the pistol give quickly some absurd numbers). It is also doable in solo run because once you have "charged" enemies for some IRL minutes, you are free to stop the AI script and take a regular weapon : enemies will stay charged for a long time. 

This is a nice way to try some stuffs on some bosses.

To illustrate my point, Dorudugan was locked down after his first hit against my lvl13 party, for the test. Too bad none of my characters could hit him because their too low level, and after some minutes IRL of Fast Switching Weapon, my character with the Thundercrack Pistol did stop the AI script : Dorudugan was stopped for at less one hour IRL at this point.

Of course, not everyone are concerned by the conditions, but be careful to not have a character in your party with one of them, or you should wait - with no way to know how many time.

Berath and Eothas have an armor by the way, so technically a level 1 watcher with any Miss-to-graze item can kill them...

Link mentionned on top of the topic :

Edited by Constentin Lévine
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Constentin Lévine said:

Multiclassed with a rogue to riposte when attacked, with some armor like Blackened Plate Armor or Kāhako Nihi, etc, used to link an Ectopsychic Echo or Dimensional Shift, summoning many lives skellies, etc, this character locked is not unactive of course.

Hi, how can the chanter summon skellies if she/he is locked switching weapons?
The armors you said are for for enchantements like Death in Life and Barbed Thorns i.e. another form of "risposte"?

2 hours ago, Chaospread said:

Hi, how can the chanter summon skellies if she/he is locked switching weapons?

"many lives" is a chant that automatically plays, bypassing normal action economy and recovery. so you'll be creating skeletons even if you're busy weapon switching (albeit weak skeletons).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chaospread said:

The armors you said are for for enchantements like Death in Life and Barbed Thorns i.e. another form of "risposte"?

Another form of riposte or buffing/debuffing-damaging aura, that is the idea yes. If there is a paladin in the party, the flame shield he can provide as Darcozzy, or with a SC priest with Spark of the Souls etc the chanter can be good in melee without any movement.

Also, MC with a monk (the int bonus is always good for chanter and aura in generaly) with Blade Turning (prolonged by a priest) and Soul Mirror with some retaliation items (Violet Redemption, Champion's Helm etc) could be nice, these ripostes can also proc Swift Flurry and Heartbeam Drumming.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Out of all the ways I've read on how to cheese Dorudugan, this one is arguably the most elegant. 

no kidding.

dorudugan has just collapsed from being a tough puzzle to crack for any given party, to being the easiest megaboss, that literally any setup can take on (with enough time). no needing to worry about resource management or generation, or stacking on defenses or accuracy bonuses, or timing knock ups, dodging fireballs, etc

9 minutes ago, thelee said:

no kidding.

dorudugan has just collapsed from being a tough puzzle to crack for any given party, to being the easiest megaboss, that literally any setup can take on (with enough time). no needing to worry about resource management or generation, or stacking on defenses or accuracy bonuses, or timing knock ups, dodging fireballs, etc

To be honnest, Dorudugan has always been the easiest Megaboss. Provided you have half a priest and a source of Brilliant for them, it's over. Even Belranga still need a bit of Injury management to be an auto-win.

Very cool and funny implementation! I love the image of repeatedly pointing your Thundercrack Pistol at enemies who are too scared to do anything except freeze and raise their hands in the air every time you swap to it. I know you say you can turn off the AI script at a certain point once you've locked down enemies long enough with the Thundercrack Pistol's debuff, but I was wondering what would be the best build for this strategy if you wanted to keep the AI script on and just have a character who only stands around and continuously swap weapons like we joked about in the other thread?

Obviously it would need to be at least a Chanter to get the benefit of SSS's recovery reduction. One idea is to go with the Skald subclass, only because selecting the highest costing non-offensive invocation available will increase your maximum Phrase capacity +1, which does help the scaling of SSS's recovery reduction. It's a small bonus and maybe not necessary, I admit. I think the better idea is is to go with the Troubadour subclass and stack Intellect as high as possible so you can have the effects of multiple chants going at once or you can turn on Brisk Recitation and get faster hits with the offensive chants or more skeletons with Many Lives.

I think a tank role makes the most sense in that case to get more value out of a character that can't actively attack. A couple of quirks does make tanking complicated in this scenario if you're constantly swapping weapons, unfortunately. First, when you switch weapon sets, engagement briefly deactivates and it takes a second after switching before engagement reacquires targets. If you're switching weapon sets constantly, it might not give your engagement slots enough time to latch onto enemies. Secondly, you can only activate self-buffs when you're not in recovery, so you'll have to depend on passive bonuses since you'll be stuck in recovery from constant weapon swapping.

So I guess you can have Whispers of the Endless Paths in the other weapon slot to swap over and hopefully trigger counterattacks and combine that with Rogue and Riposte for more passive attack opportunities, or maybe Paladin for the passive deflection bonus. I think multiclassing with a Black Jacket might still be a good idea here because they can still activate their self-buffs like Refreshing Defense and Unbending Trunk thanks to their subclass bonus and Quick Switch allowing them to bypass swap recovery.

Of course, if you didn't care about the spirit of a purely passive build and allowed buffing in between or before turning the AI script for weapon swapping, you have a lot more possibilities such as Trickster Rogue abilities like Mirrored Image to buff WotEP and Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage for a fear aura when standing around enemies.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kaylon said:

And you can also equip Lethandria's Devotion and Outworn Buckler for even more madness. 🤣

My current equipment with a Sciaman solo PoTD in some SSS battles ;) (the weapons change depending on opponents).

Honestly I think the best build around FastSwitching between Sasha's Scimitar and Thundercrack Pistol is a Nazpalca - Troubadour :

3 weapon sets (1 Sasha's Scimitar/ Outworn Bucket -2 Thundercrack Pistol / Lethandria's Devotion -3  Engoliero do Espirs)

All defensive passifs - Turning Blade - Enduring Dance - Flagellant's Path - Soul Mirror - Rooting Pain // Together They Slew - At the Sight - Thick Grew - the Long Night - Many Lives

So the AI is scripted to switche between the two first sets and include a sequence to refresh Turning Blade (or manually, it is more easy to deal with SoT). Since you dont move, Turning Blade will not break. If you have to move for some reason, Flagellant 's Path doesnt break the Turning Blade.

You gain wounds from Nazpalca and Enduring Dance and spend some ones to use Turning Blade so that can trigger Routing Pain AoE. Enemies around you are either "stunned" or trying to hit you (but the attacks are redirected vs the enemies themself). 

If you are drug crashed (Arcane Dampener for ex), you can use the AI to heal you with  Engoliero do Espirs (Ravenous Soul Devorer) : the CON bonus or malus, while switching, will adjuste your health and, by consequence, heal you even if you are drug crashed/enfeebled.

For the chanter side, the list of chant depend of your playstyle (so your party) and the Charming invocation is pretty nasty when there is too much mobs. They also are going to benefit from Sasha's Scimitar aura, to begin also devastating.

For attributes, you need Con- Int- Per. 

Edited by Constentin Lévine

9 hours ago, thelee said:

no kidding.

An empty and flat tin cans !