NFL 2022-2023: The Bad Man is Gone

Bartimaeus

4 hours ago, Amentep said:

You should request a refund.

It was a gift. The only thing I could do to purge the bad juju was to burn it in a trashcan fire.

I kid, Im wearing it right now. Its super warm and the hood actually fits comfortably over my freakishly large head (which is surprisingly hard to find).

• Gasp! 1

7 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I'm hoping Aaron Rodgers goes to the Jets, then he can follow in the footsteps of Favre (hopefully minus the stealing money from people part) and wind up on the Vikings.🤣

If the story similarly ends with Jordan Love winning a Super Bowl the year Rodgers retires after having the worst season of his career...yeah, I'll take the Super Bowl.

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• Bartimaeus changed the title to NFL 2022-2023: J-E-T-S!
  • Bartimaeus changed the title to NFL 2022-2023: This Space Intentionally Left Blank

I prefer Eagles but this was definitely my least preferred match-up of the 4 teams remaining

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

The good thing about how the Conference Championship games turned out is that I have zero interest in watching The Big Game and I can just do something else instead 2 Sundays from now. Go Chiefs, I guess. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 6:42 PM, Keyrock said:

Our best run of QBs was Staubach, definitely a franchise QB, then Danny White, not a franchise QB but pretty good, then Aikman, a franchise QB. Since then... Quincy Carter (yikes!), the rotting corpse of Drew Bledsoe, Tony Romo, and now Dak.

How could you forget the (old) goat: Vinny Testaverde?

• Bartimaeus changed the title to NFL 2022-2023: Cowboys💕Eagles

Ooh, rough way to end the Super Bowl, ticky-tacky holding call deciding the game, but not terribly surprising for the NFL.

The Eagles defense sure picked a good game to no-show.🤭

Meanwhile, Ayahuasca Enthusiast Aaron Rodgers is somewhere in a pitch black room.:wowey:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 3 weeks later...

The Panthers mortgaged the farm to move up 8 spots. They traded their #9 pick, their #61 pick, a 2024 1st round, a 2025 2nd round, and WR DJ Moore to the Bears for the #1 pick. If Bryce Young (I'm assuming they're taking Bryce Young, I suppose it could be CJ Stroud)) turns out to be a legit franchise QB then I guess it's worth it, but damn, that's a lot to give up for a player that might turn out to be great.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

If whoever they pick turns into a top 10 QB, then it was worth it. If they don't, then it sets the franchise back a few years before they try again. Just the nature of QBs and not having one at this point.

If it was just the picks to move up the 8 spots I wouldn't bat an eye at this trade, but damn, DJ Moore is a legit #1 receiver and he has a lot of tread on the tires. This is definitely a win for the Bears. If I'm Justin Fields I'm a very happy man right now.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Colts are in a weird spot. They really need a QB and they're sitting at the #4 pick. Bryce Young and CJ Stroud are going #1 and #2 in some order, I'd be flabbergasted if they didn't. The Cards pick at #3 and they don't need a QB but some other team in need of a QB could make a draft day trade and take a swing at AR-15, who's a wild card with the highest ceiling of all QBs in the draft because he's a freak athlete. After AR-15 there's a significant drop off, according to the "experts". So what do you do if you're the Colts? Do you stay put and hope AR-15 is still there at #4? Do you offer Lamar Jackson a boatload of money?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

they should trade for aaron rodgers

57 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

they should trade for aaron rodgers

I thought it was understood that Rodgers is remaking the Favre movie and going to the Jets?🤔

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 3/11/2023 at 9:09 AM, Keyrock said:

The Panthers mortgaged the farm to move up 8 spots. They traded their #9 pick, their #61 pick, a 2024 1st round, a 2025 2nd round, and WR DJ Moore to the Bears for the #1 pick. If Bryce Young (I'm assuming they're taking Bryce Young, I suppose it could be CJ Stroud)) turns out to be a legit franchise QB then I guess it's worth it, but damn, that's a lot to give up for a player that might turn out to be great.

Already differentiating from the Rhule era of overpaying for quarterbacks by overpaying for a quarterback.

Word on the street is that Rodgers has unofficially officially given some kind of indication he's going to the Jets. If so, phew, that'll finally be over. Lots of really great football memories over the years, but it certainly sounds like he was only going to be around for another year or two anyways and we can finally rip the bandage off, stop worrying about it, and move on.